Quote:

Scott, I'm down to just buying a quart of Evaporust instead of gallons! I have faith you'll get yours done I'll be at MATS for sure. I plan to run the autocross with the E70's That way I can get a baseline of how it handles stock, then see the difference once I upgrade the suspension. Maybe I can pursuade Hotchkiss to showcase a before and after with my car in exchange for some free parts!

Yes, I had to buy 6 gallons of Evaporust (OUCH!$) but it's all looking good. I find that after an overnight soaking 90% of the rust is gone, but a layer of black oily slime keeps it from getting more so I wipe the parts clean with thinner and then they go back in for another overnight clean up soak which gets the rest.

Your Hotchkis idea is a good one, thought of doing that myself actually. First I'm going all stock (every detail of the car to as close to the fender tag and OE correct as possible considering that I started with a "parts car"), then bagging all the OEM stuff and swapping on all the Hotchkis stuff and some big brakes and better wheels/rubber as I plan to drive the car a lot. I don't mind add ons that can easily be swapped back in a days work, as long as no welding or mods are needed.