Quote:

Sounds like a good idea to remove the thermostat and see if I'm getting flow. If I am, go from there, if I'm not...that's bad news. Guess the place to start would be the water pump.

JohnRR, what brand name or number would I look for to find a "hiflow" thermostat?

MoparMike, what method did you use to "backflush" your block? I've read the service manual and they perscribe a special tool to be inserted into the lower coolant outlet on the engine. Sounds effective but I'm not sure what that tool must look like and if there is a simpler way that is just as effective?

Thanks.

You can get a tee that hooks to a garden hose from the auto parts store. Then install it on your return heater hose. Unhook your lower rad hose and turn on the water.
I have heard that Thermostat helps the water stay in the radiator. That makes no sense. I have been removing thermostats for years. They are there to keep the temp warm not cooler. Been doing it for 40 years.
And to the guy who says they worked from the factory that is crap. I can't tell you how many Plymouth and Dodges I have owned and worked on that had cooling problems. Many times we just trashed the 22" and put in a 26". There were more that had over heating problems than stayed cool. That's a fact!

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert