Thank you for all of the good ideas. As far as a different fan or electric fan goes, the roadrunner is restored to OE specs and an electric or aftermarket fan would not be an option. The OE heat gage on my car will go all the way to the right if I let the car get hot enough. For testing purposes, I just let it get real hot then shut if off, that happened to be at the mid point of the gage range. Believe me, I've had it go almost to the 2 O'clock position before. When the car gets really hot it will belch out coolant, believe me, the engine is getting hot, it isn't a gage problem, it does spark knock when hot as well and the engine sits there and creaks in a very un-nerving way as it cools down. Getting a separate temp gage so I know the actual water temp seems like a good idea as well as an infared heat gun. If I find a specific "hot spot" that may help diagnois as well. Loosening the drive belt and spinning the water pump seems like a good idea although it doesn't squeak or leak so I don't expect that will reveal anything amiss. I've checked the lower radiator hose in the past to see if it was colapsing and it wasn't. However, I didn't check that the other day, I will check that next time again. Someone mentioned to do a "flush" of the system which sounds logical. I assume a reverse flush would be what I want to do. The service manual indicates the reverse flush should be done through the lower radiator hose outlet by attaching a speacial tool and forcing water back through the block, radiator, and then I guess out the bottom of the lower radiator hose inlet. That sounds effective, but has anyone seen a sepcial tool (they give a tool number in the service manual) that would seal the lower radiator hose outlet on the engine and allow for the intorduction of water into the cooling system of the engine and back flush it through the block? That I would be interested in. I will work on using these ideas and may be back with some updates. Thanks again for the ideas.