Quote:

would i be able to install the vinyl top material over the door if i used the steel volve one? without it rubbing or pulling up at the edges?

Even on the factory (ASC) sunroofs wrapped in vinyl, the fit around the perimter/panel is tight, you'd need a healty 1/4" gap around between the panel and roofskin to wrap the vinyl around both, that's why I prefere to use the existing hardtop roof and covert it into a sunroof opening, rather than graft the donor's sunroof skin in,...I can control the opening, either increasing/decreasing the opening, or correcting flaws, the sliding panel only relys on the hole in the roof to fill the opening when closed, so make the opening to your clearance specs

One of the advantages of using a newer cassette, is the cassette bolts into the car, so you have some wiggle room to locate the sliding door in the opening,...the 'FACTORY' ASC cassettes relied on not just bolting/welding in along the rear of the cassette, but the front and sides of the cassette needed to be spot welded to the sunroof opening flanges that roll into the sunroof opening, then you were left with playing with the sliding panel to get it not just 'SQUARED' in the opening, but able to drop down and travel back without hanging up, or skidding on the underside ruining the paint or vinyl mat'l, often tedious and fustrating,...On another note, that I failed to mention,...what I like to do is add a "band" of steel directly under the rear opening, under the roof skin, that goes from one side of the drip rail to the other, and across the entire width of the roof to support the roof skin, as it becomes a weakened/flexible area once the opening is installed,...generally a 1/8" thick by 6" wide band, X the width of the car, you don't see it after the headliner is in, nor when the panel is open, just a structual support of the roofskin, much like the factory ribs already in place, basically replacing the one that has to be removed to install the cassette, the factory did nothing to replace the lost crossmenber, but I find that the area needs some beefing IMHO

Mike