I decided to go with a Mazierre electric water pump when I put the new engine in my Duster. The block has been filled. I filled the radiator Thursday morning and fired the car up. The water flowed very quickly thru the radiator.

Today I fired it up and set the timing. I took a look and my temp guage was up to 150. It is about 99* today but I knew there was a problem. I removed the radiator cap and sure enough, no flow in the radiator. I can hear the pump running.

I drained the radiator and refilled the motor thru the upper radiator hose. Started the pump and no flow again. Then after about 15 seconds I heard a burp sound and there was a gush of water. It stopped again but 10 seconds later there was another burp and a gush of water. It did this 5 times and then no more water flow.

I let it cool for a few minutes and tried it again. This time no flow. I squeezed the top radiator hose closed for about 10 seconds and there was a gush of water and a little flow. I noticed some bubbles in the water. After doing this about ten times I noticed that after the gush of water there would be a little flow then there would be another gush about 10 seconds later. I repeated this process for about 10 minutes with the same results.

Am I correct in assuming that I have an air pocket somewhere? If so, how do I get it out.

Thanks,

Raul