Quote:

Ok to answer questions. The only change from last fall was change in torque converter and gears. It now has a 4500 stall converter built special by PTC. I also geared the car up to 3:91's. I changed shift points from 5600 to 5800.

So, as you can see lots of variables. Now I was thinking about this, and put this into perspective. The best time I've ever run with this car at GLD was last fall was 13.4 @ 104 mph. So technically it was a success because I was able to pick up 4 tenths. Weather wise, honestly was pretty close between the 2 times, weather was mid 70's normal humidity, of course this is subjective.

I think my plan is to go with the suggestions for the carb, and then rexamine driving technique. I might return to shifting the car at 5600, and work on launch! Wayne (Big Squeeze) gave me some good suggestions at getting out of the hole better.

Oh Rob I heard you about the DP buddy

Again, you all are really awesome! Thank you for the idea's to try. I'll make some minor adjustments and hopefully give this another shot next weekend

Mike

I bet the converter and gear change is making the secondaries come in too quick now. The secondaries are probably slamming open at the 20 ft point. I would put a stiffer secondary spring in.

You can go on line to Dragtimes and check the DA for all of your past runs, and make a pretty good assesment of the performance changes for all of your track runs.