05/20/11 11:32 AM
F
fullmetaljacket Offline
master
fullmetaljacket  Offline
master
F

Here's my 2% percent wheelbases.

*Bring a good gamblers race with buy backs included.

* Yes, invite a few of the Grudge races around the region to settle out their differences on Saturday, not Friday night. This includes inviting the Bowties, Tribes, Blue Ovals, Business MAD MEN Buicks, and even American motors to bring it to the line for a good old fashion run what you brung street race style send off.
I used to look forward to this kind of grind at the Mopar Nationals of which I still go to even though they have their track issues with racers and spectators as well.

*Bring the race cars back to their respective pit area in the pits by the staging lanes, not by the boonies at the end of the track where even the race gas is out of reach. Put the Kings of Queens ( no disrespect, just joking) in the rear where they can have peace of mind when talking numbers correct and proper paint codes.

* Make the pot chewable for the F.A.S.T or Super Car guys to come in formation and put on a good run. Maybe even a good bracket between F.A.S.T and the Super car crowd. Both a great set of guys and sportsmanship.

* Take a New stand to advertise it in more than a Mopar magazine or two. Radio spots could help. E-mail send offs. etc.

*FOOD!, I'm sorry, but if you are going to be charging mega dollars for the old true American past time cuisine, then it should at least have real beef and real health attached to it. I would not eat any of those so called meals if they even had Bobby Flay throw in a few flakes of seasoning. That is why my cooler is filled with good old fashion home cooked or slow food and drinks from places that care. People will come for the food only if it were only decent.
Forget about buying Joe Gibbs oil for your engine, you could change the oil in your car with some of that oil fat run off from the terrible food alone.

* And last but not least, A foot race between Rich Christensen (He's a closet Mopar man I believe) and I for the crown of Arm dropping nerds. Crowd can chip in on the pot and a third of the winners proceeds go to charity, the rest to the other runner ups charity.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? #988731
05/20/11 01:16 PM
05/20/11 01:16 PM
Carlisle, PA
Chris G Offline
top fuel
Chris G  Offline
top fuel

Carlisle, PA
Quote:

Show me where the actual numbers are. Did you go? I did and have been there for 9 years straight. Friday was a ghost town,

What's the difference if you get the quoted numbers...you won't believe them anyway.

A ghost town? Really???

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: fullmetaljacket] #988732
05/20/11 01:45 PM
05/20/11 01:45 PM
Westbury, NY
C
cowbay Offline
enthusiast
cowbay  Offline
enthusiast
C

Westbury, NY
I think taking shots at each other accomplishes nothing except for everyone being pissed off with each other. I am realistic that this event will not be back to where it was 20 years ago, but I do believe it can get back to where it was 8-9 years ago. Look I have a great time when I go to this event. I think there are some good suggestions out there from the various members. I think if the hemi shootout, maybe a gamblers race and a grudge match with supercar/FAST, plus some more promotion via whatever radio, internet. I do also agree is maybe pushing the show car corral further out and bring the racers closer in would help. Let's face it as stated before the swap area will never be big again because of ebay, etc. I think this event has to be promoted more as a race event than a be all end all.
As for Musclepalooza on labor day weekend where people say it was not as sucessful as LVD there are many reasons for that. Some are as stated before is that Englishtown is much larger so it will seem not to be as large and then there is some real stiff competion in the area with Lead East that has been doing it since the 80's.
Again in the end we have to look at the positives and build from there. Just my along with many other peoples

"Alcohol is for drinking, gas is for cleaning parts, and nitro is for racing!" original author unknown, used by Gene Adams and Don Garlits among others
Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: cowbay] #988733
05/20/11 01:51 PM
05/20/11 01:51 PM
albany ny
05dakota Offline
I Live Here
05dakota  Offline
I Live Here

albany ny
IN 2010 Carlisle set a record for show cars, but it certainly appeared spectators were down.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: 05dakota] #988734
05/20/11 02:02 PM
05/20/11 02:02 PM
W
WalterF Offline
WalterF  Offline
W

Some have suggested that an outside promoter be brought in to revive this show. O.K. Here is your big chance (DJVCUDA?) to remake the Mopar world! E-Town would certainly entertain the idea of a partnership or track rental for this event. They do it for others, why not this one?
WF

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: WalterF] #988735
05/20/11 02:09 PM
05/20/11 02:09 PM
Atco NJ
DJVCuda Offline
I Live Here
DJVCuda  Offline
I Live Here

Atco NJ
Quote:

Some have suggested that an outside promoter be brought in to revive this show. O.K. Here is your big chance (DJVCUDA?) to remake the Mopar world! E-Town would certainly entertain the idea of a partnership or track rental for this event. They do it for others, why not this one?
WF

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The ENTIRE show would need to be revamped in order to bring it around. This would be no small feat, & would probably take several years. It is probably best in the hands of a Mopar show promotor who knows what they are doing, it's beyond the scope of E-town staff.

i agree. they should hire that chick that used to run the carlisle events. forget her name.

you are right though. it will take a few years to come back if it even can..

Might have been Lisa Laury or Leatherly that booked the events

Actually I think it was Joe who had the idea... and i'm not wasting my time talking to the announcer / pot stirrer here

I've put together bigger Mopar shows in my yard before so I have nothing to prove. ( it's not cocky if you can back it up )

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? #988736
05/20/11 02:45 PM
05/20/11 02:45 PM
Berlin, N.J.
A
abodyjoe Offline
I Live Here
abodyjoe  Offline
I Live Here
A

Berlin, N.J.
Quote:

It's pretty simple that if the 200+ folks from this site alone that no longer attend and make excuses as to why simply showed up one year, that would make the following year one of anticipation.

thats not how it works. people don't just show up because there is an event. the guys that put the event together have to make people want to go to the event. whatever that event may be. its quite obvious that e-town isn't doing that. as for me, i'm not going back till i hear from people i trust that the event is heading in the right direction. i refuse to blindly support something that i think sucks. hell i went too many years as it was declining, guess i figured they would turn it around. well that didn't happen so i'm using my money as my voice. e-town isn't getting it. i'll spend my hard earned money elsewhere thank you very much..

and walt, i gave you the name of the person to put that event together. its up to you to pass it on.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com
Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: abodyjoe] #988737
05/20/11 05:46 PM
05/20/11 05:46 PM
East Brunswick New Jersey
N
NoFrills Offline
super stock
NoFrills  Offline
super stock
N

East Brunswick New Jersey
I think if there was a good paying superstock class the stands and place would be full again of people wanting to watch hemi cars

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: 1970GTX] #988738
05/20/11 07:39 PM
05/20/11 07:39 PM
W
WalterF Offline
WalterF  Offline
W

Quote:

I've been to this event when it was just starting out and when it was at it's peak.

I tried to hang in there and support the show as much as possible, but a big disappointment as mentioned throughout several post and threads, is the weather. It seems like you are almost guaranteed at least one rainy day in the latter parts of May weekends.

For me, the bigger disappointment has been the request by Raceway Park management for ideas to revive the event, but never putting the suggestions into practice.

I really have to vehemently disagree with you on this one.
When I did have a hand in this event a few years ago I did come on this forum and asked for help. I got a lot of great suggestions ( I also got a lot of crap from the same haters that are still here today) and went to work. We brought back the Cruise to Freehold.....one car showed up. We brought in a live band. They played for a crowd of about ten people. We promoted a burnout contest with a prize of two race tires. I think that we had something like two cars entered by 4 p.m.. Then there was the Raceway Park sponsored ten thousand dollar HEMI A body Shootout. Do you remember how well that went? We had what, 5 cars? The Hemi A Body drivers led by Ken Montgomery, Bullet Bob Reed,and others had an audience of 10 for their Q&A session in the air conditioned tower on a hot day. Then there was the Mopar crate engine give away. Out of the 3 thousand people that were eligible to enter the contest by filling out a survey form only 12 hundred did. Galen Govier was still coming to the event at that time. I sat in on his seminar with 4 other people.
Disheartening? You bet. But please, don't say that we ignored all of your feed back. Simply not even close to being true.
WF

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: NoFrills] #988739
05/20/11 07:47 PM
05/20/11 07:47 PM
W
WalterF Offline
WalterF  Offline
W

Quote:

I think if there was a good paying superstock class the stands and place would be full again of people wanting to watch hemi cars

We have always had a good paying Stock/SuperStock class. We also have to compete for their time with National Events, an even larger Divisional schedule, circuit races, and a terrible economy with virtually no one willing to put up sponsorship money. Have you checked the car counts at Division One races and National Events? Not long ago you needed and Event Grading of 5 or better to be accepted at our National Event. Now, all you have to do is send NHRA a check.
WF

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: WalterF] #988740
05/20/11 08:56 PM
05/20/11 08:56 PM
NYC
D
Dartari Offline
enthusiast
Dartari  Offline
enthusiast
D

NYC
The problem with the Mopar Atlantic Nationals are many from the change from june to may from the collectability of these cars and of course and the long gap between rear wheel drive cars that young people can afford(Mustangs,Camaros,Firebirds,imports etc)and last and not least mopar people in the North East a majority of them are not serious racers or enthusiast i remember a few years ago there was mopars at the Patch at Island Dragway the Weather was forecast to be Beautiful and it was and still they did not show.I dont know what will it take to make this event great again but one thing is for sure we as Mopar enthusiast have to do a better job supporting any Mopar venue or we will loose it and we will only have ourselves to blame.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: Dartari] #988741
05/20/11 09:14 PM
05/20/11 09:14 PM
W
WalterF Offline
WalterF  Offline
W

Quote:

The problem with the Mopar Atlantic Nationals are many from the change from june to may from the collectability of these cars and of course and the long gap between rear wheel drive cars that young people can afford(Mustangs,Camaros,Firebirds,imports etc)and last and not least mopar people in the North East a majority of them are not serious racers or enthusiast i remember a few years ago there was mopars at the Patch at Island Dragway the Weather was forecast to be Beautiful and it was and still they did not show.I dont know what will it take to make this event great again but one thing is for sure we as Mopar enthusiast have to do a better job supporting any Mopar venue or we will loose it and we will only have ourselves to blame.

Good points. I don't think that some folks realize the incredible up-hill battle we are facing in this business.
WF

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: WalterF] #988742
05/20/11 10:25 PM
05/20/11 10:25 PM
new jersey usa
11secdart Offline
master
11secdart  Offline
master

new jersey usa
There has been a " change" in the track management at Island and the Mopar friendly mgmt. is no longer there. I asked about Mopars at the Patch for this year at the drivers meeting back in February and was told to pick a date, I was thinking mid - October like last year the weather was really nice. I have tried to help promote the event the last couple of years but attendance has always been light. But with the new track mgmt in place and the other Mopar friendly mgmt gone I don`t know if I want to get involved, I have been asked already by a few Mopar guys what the date for this years event is however. I`ll decide soon because despite the light turnout, its still fun and its nice seeing some Mopar guys I don`t see too often. I know I have fun last year I ran two Mopars in two different classes. about the Atlantic Nats... I still enjoy the event when its not rained out and will continue to come as long as its held, I said it before and I`ll say it again.... Have a Rain Date!!!

Last edited by 11secdart; 05/20/11 10:28 PM.

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV
Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: 11secdart] #988743
05/20/11 10:46 PM
05/20/11 10:46 PM
Westbury, NY
C
cowbay Offline
enthusiast
cowbay  Offline
enthusiast
C

Westbury, NY
I think we all agree the economy is a little better than a train wreck right now. Walter is right is that the muscle car group is getting older, but the numbers should be better. The remaining have to support events like this. We have to work together as a group to get it up. The way I look at it is we can all complain and this will go away. All I know is that drag racing is not what it once was. The next generation are not as car orientated like we were. I don't even se them building tuners in any great numbers anymore. Tracks are disapearing all over, look how long island went from three to zero and it has been major uphill battle to get a track back. I miss that dumpy track.

"Alcohol is for drinking, gas is for cleaning parts, and nitro is for racing!" original author unknown, used by Gene Adams and Don Garlits among others
Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: cowbay] #988744
05/21/11 07:45 AM
05/21/11 07:45 AM
NJ central
S
Scamp408 Offline
master
Scamp408  Offline
master
S

NJ central
WOW I just wanted them to clean up the pits of nails,screws,rocks and move us to the track not the airport parking.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: Scamp408] #988745
05/21/11 08:50 AM
05/21/11 08:50 AM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
I remember the days when the pit side was the pit side and the OTHER SIDE of the track was the swap& show.Enough memories from the old guy
Getting a guy like Vinny Nobile and a few other PRO STOCK mopars,coupla NITRO mopar cars be it a digger or Pro Mod would get a much better headcount in the stands.A few celebs like Linda and Pam could help.Scrap the go carts for a drifting show.A Manufaturers midway,does not have to be huge is also an attraction.I personally loved the Hemi shootout and was dissappointed when they reduced to the "A" cars and cut out the "B" & "C" wheels up racers.
The tax thing,well you also have to register as a seller and get a tax number of some sort at Carlisle,so that angle don't fly with me.
I also have been going since the 2nd annual and will continue to go even if I'm in a wheelchair.

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: hemi-itis] #988746
05/21/11 09:13 AM
05/21/11 09:13 AM
Westbury, NY
C
cowbay Offline
enthusiast
cowbay  Offline
enthusiast
C

Westbury, NY
Quote:

I remember the days when the pit side was the pit side and the OTHER SIDE of the track was the swap& show.Enough memories from the old guy
Getting a guy like Vinny Nobile and a few other PRO STOCK mopars,coupla NITRO mopar cars be it a digger or Pro Mod would get a much better headcount in the stands.A few celebs like Linda and Pam could help.Scrap the go carts for a drifting show.A Manufaturers midway,does not have to be huge is also an attraction.I personally loved the Hemi shootout and was dissappointed when they reduced to the "A" cars and cut out the "B" & "C" wheels up racers.
The tax thing,well you also have to register as a seller and get a tax number of some sort at Carlisle,so that angle don't fly with me.
I also have been going since the 2nd annual and will continue to go even if I'm in a wheelchair.

Hemi how about this to get the numbers up? Get your motor together and start running deep into the 9's. That would fill the stands I want to see those garbage dumpsters i.e. SV1 carbs in action.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? [Re: cowbay] #988747
05/21/11 05:20 PM
05/21/11 05:20 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

Quote:

Hemi how about this to get the numbers up? Get your motor together and start running deep into the 9's. That would fill the stands I want to see those garbage dumpsters i.e. SV1 carbs in action.

Sounds like a sponcership offer

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5