Moparts

Mopars @ E-Town who's going? May 15th and 16th!!

Posted By: Cudafied

Mopars @ E-Town who's going? May 15th and 16th!! - 05/09/11 11:21 AM

I'll be there as a spectator this year.
Posted By: DragDart360

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/09/11 12:58 PM

I'll be there Sunday.
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/09/11 02:16 PM

opted for this instead

Attached picture 6624571-Mopar-flyerMagazine2600.jpg

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/09/11 02:24 PM

It's a different weekend Fred, you could go to both. I'm planning to.
E-towns May 15-16
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/09/11 02:58 PM

I'll be there Sunday as a spectator or a transporter

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/09/11 04:59 PM

Quote:

It's a different weekend Fred, you could go to both. I'm planning to.
E-towns May 15-16

E-town it merely a shadow of a once good event. the last few years the vendor area resembled an empty shopping center parking lot at 3 a.m..
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/09/11 07:01 PM

i was considering this, but there really is no class for me to race in,,,

Maple Grove looks nice and has an 8.50 class

E town is open to suggestions, there could be index races there, just get them a sponsor and 8 cars.....Yes this event was great in the early 90 mid 90's then just seemed to lose steam....??
Posted By: Ari440

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/09/11 10:14 PM

we will be there sunday !
Posted By: W7 Duster

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 12:05 AM

New motor not done Don't know if I going at all.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 12:34 AM

I remember going to that event back in the late 1980's. It was great then.
Hey Fred, do you know Jim and Jack Koziol? I used to buy all of my Direct Connection parts from them back in the day, and some from Ed Hamburger when he had his parts business then. Those were the days...
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 01:10 AM

No Points at Island this Saturday so I`ll be there both days racing my D150

Attached picture 6625332-hpqscan0001.jpg
Posted By: Dustin71

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 01:28 AM

Quote:

Ari? can i bring that to you sunday...If you have the room?
Posted By: Dap

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 01:46 AM

I`ll be there as a spectator also

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 02:01 AM

last time I was there this guy won
Posted By: Ari440

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 02:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Ari? can i bring that to you sunday...If you have the room?

give me a call tommarow ok OBIE
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 03:20 AM

I'll be there both days if the weather is good.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 03:41 AM

This is y the show is going down hill cause guys don't surport it
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 09:29 AM

I will be going on sat and as far as the vendors go alot of them go busted for charging people sales tax and they dont even have a tax #. I hate when you buy parts in a flea market type deal and they want tax.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 12:26 PM

Hey that couple hundred dollars total the state would collect will really bring down the couple billion deficit the state has. They are desperate, you can`t expect them to cut spending or taxes. They have to get creative in ways to get $$$ to waste/spend so they go after easy money. Also , One Bad Fish is right.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 08:48 PM

Quote:

Hey that couple hundred dollars total the state would collect will really bring down the couple billion deficit the state has. They are desperate, you can`t expect them to cut spending or taxes. They have to get creative in ways to get $$$ to waste/spend so they go after easy money. Also , One Bad Fish is right.

Posted By: fishy340

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/10/11 10:01 PM

i wish i was the only ones i've missed were weather related,started workin 12hr days at msg,in manhatten so that the rangers and knicks can loose next yr in a totally updated garden..so i cant go workin 7pm to 7am..cant complain im lucky and i know it to have a job.
Posted By: fury62

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/11/11 12:35 AM

I could remember when that event had vendors past the quarter mile stripe, and beyond. what happened!

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/11/11 01:50 AM

Quote:

last time I was there this guy won

I had you by a fender!!Here's the PROOF

Attached picture 6627022-IMG_1879.JPG

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/11/11 02:22 AM

Now I might end up going Saturday and I don't know about Sunday

Attached picture 6627099-2009-04-24-1723-17_edited.jpg
Posted By: JCCuda

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/11/11 03:57 PM

I'll be going Friday night, Sat & Sun. if all goes well. I just put a fresh eng. in the car and haven't had a chance to test it yet so it should be interesting. My father will have his 70 Black Charger in the Survivor tent also.

Attached picture 6627873-duster17-12-09.jpg
Posted By: wmwalden

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/11/11 04:31 PM

I will be there all weekend. Where do you guys hang at night? Meaning a cruse type thing.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/11/11 07:25 PM

A good car show/cruise about 2omin south on rt9 at the Chick-fil-a. They usually have about 200 saturday night .
Posted By: Cudafied

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/13/11 11:15 AM

I've been going to this event since the first one and will support it with or without my car. See you guys there
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/13/11 12:12 PM

Have fun,everybody!!
Posted By: NoJoke

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/13/11 01:35 PM

Weather isn't looking to good for Sunday.. Never fails on this event...

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/14/11 02:19 AM

I don`t usually work on Saturdays and haven`t in the year I`ve been at this company but they begged, pleaded and they are really under the gun to complete a job so I have to work Saturday. Which stinks because it s the only day that the forecast percentage for rain is the lowest. If it doesn`t rain Sunday I`ll be there then.
Posted By: 1 Bad Duster

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/14/11 02:28 AM

I might come to this one since the one at VMP is cancel till sept 3rd and 4th..
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/14/11 12:21 PM

Quote:

Weather isn't looking to good for Sunday.. Never fails on this event...

Muffled cars on saturday, and Showers/ Thunderstorms for Sunday...

NOT GOOD!!

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 01:30 AM

Just got back from there!We had a great time,good food,true friends Ralph twisted my arm to be the photographer for the day for SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT crowd { http://supercarraces.com/main.html }I was with Brian from Cow Bay Industries running his green 70 roadrunner.It was quite the day for Brian with some VERY stiff cometitionIt was his LUCKY day taking out Amilio{Mr 5 speed},Jayson{DRJAYO} and the guy with the blown Dart To WIN his class.The lunch spread Ralph lays out for his association is top notch The BBQ that Cow Bay takes care of for his whole crew is very GENEROUS.Both SUPERCAR SHOOT OUT and Cow Bay would have no other way and I thank them

Attached picture 6633376-119-1915_IMG.JPG
Posted By: 440challenger

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 01:49 AM

had a great time also! My dad and i tried bracket racing for the first time. He won the classic muscle class and he was runner up in king of the hill. What luck. I ran an 11.50 @120 on regular BFG radial ta's. Cant wait to get a slick on this car and launch it out of the hole,its really hauling the mail for a street car .

Attached picture 6633397-rrp1.jpg
Posted By: 440challenger

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 01:53 AM

My challenger. I broke out first round but learned a lot on how bracket racing works now. And if the guy in the silver tubbed 70-71 duster is on here i want to thank you again for loaning me that 5/8 wrench . My flexplate bolts all came loose and i was able to tighten them up.

Attached picture 6633401-rrp6.jpg
Posted By: 1 Bad Duster

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 04:06 AM

seems like ya had a great time.. I was thinking about coming tomorrow.How is the weather up there.How was the swap meet..Thanks Jimmy.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 04:35 AM

I'd like to wish you guys luck with the weather tomorrow.

WE all need to figure out what we can do to bring back this venue.I have been doing this shoe for 25 years and would love to,,,,,BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached picture 6633647-638.jpg
Posted By: moparts

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 10:11 AM

Looking at the weather, It looks like the rain should be north of ETown by race time this morning, Sunday

Will be there seeing how fast a total stock 09 Challenger runs

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 12:21 PM

Quote:

No Points at Island this Saturday so I`ll be there both days racing my D150

Island pulled the plug 11am Saturday morning...

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 12:27 PM

Quote:

Looking at the weather, It looks like the rain should be north of ETown by race time this morning, Sunday

Will be there seeing how fast a total stock 09 Challenger runs

I don't know what weather forecast you're looking at, but shows 50% chance of rain, 12am on. Looking at the radar map, Don't really like those odds.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/USNJ0141

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 01:33 PM

RAINED OUT!!

5 miles from home, lucky I called the track! Would've towed down there for nothing...

Weather never seems to cooperate with this event.
Posted By: moparts

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 02:19 PM

Quote:

RAINED OUT!!

5 miles from home, lucky I called the track! Would've towed down there for nothing...

Turned around 2/3 of the way there

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 02:21 PM

You didnt miss anything WHAT A JOKE they had the race cars so far down the end of the track my wife and kid stopped walking to watch me . The show car field was almost empty just about every car got a trophy . People who race bring people who like to watch racing we should of had the spots up by the track . Oh and when was the last time the pits were cleaned all kinds of rocks,bolt,screws.Hey Raceway Park lets Blow off the pits once and a while.Friday night 3 guys had flat tire in the staging lanes from nails. Our Cars are not junk and the tires we use cost $200 a piece and up. I think this was my last year.
Posted By: Kiner

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 02:26 PM

They don't clean after the swap meet. It looks like a scrap yard.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 02:47 PM

That is why I do not even attempt to go and race my junk there. To much of a snobbish corporate track for my taste where they cater only to their favorites.
Why even hold our event there. Maybe its a big write off for them in the second quarter since I believe this event is at a lost for the last 15 years.

Atco, Lebanon, Virginia Motorsports, and even Norfolk rule the nest.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 03:05 PM

"You didnt miss anything WHAT A JOKE they had the race cars so far down the end of the track my wife and kid stopped walking to watch me"

You have to have a pit vehicle at E-town it's so spread out.
We were parked all the way at the end of the track last year, finally found a spot closer and moved. I'll never go to e-town again without pit wheels.
Posted By: actionange

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 03:35 PM

Quote:

RAINED OUT!!

Is it any wonder that this event was swapped with the NHRA Whatever they Call it Nationals that run in June. Historically the Mopar @ Etown race had better weather...
The track managerment has to do whats right for the BIG EVENT since it's a cash cow for them.
Not saying I like it but that's just the way it is
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 04:10 PM

For us I used to be a big event. We would leave friday after work get down there and get "our camp" set up. Buy, race, sell and party all weekend. Couldn't wait for next year.

Yesterday we got there at 12:30 and I could have left by 3:00. We stayed till 5:00 but we should have left at 3:00. What a huge dog this event has become. I can't think of any other show that has fallen as hard.

Never thought I would say it but, Rest in peace Mopar Atlantic Nationals. It was nice knowing you when...

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 05:27 PM

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/15/11 06:42 PM

I got the email notification about Island early Sat.morning, despite all the naysayers I will continue to attend the Atlantic Nats. I usually run points at Island on Saturdays and come to the Atlantic Nats on Sunday, this year I was prepared to run Sat and Sun but had to work Saturday I`m still upset I had to work and that they called for rain and it didn`t. With it raining today ( Sunday) it looks like I missed the meet for the first time since it started. And I missed seeing all my Mopar friends from here and other states. I wish ETown had a rain date for this event, Walter Frey is always looking for suggestions about ther meet heres one: Have a Rain Date!
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/16/11 03:26 AM

or actually take suggestions, they tell you are wrong when we suggest changes.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by moparts - 05/16/11 06:02 PM

Posted By: JCCuda

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/16/11 08:47 PM

I was there Friday night first time out on fresh motor, lost 1st. round to a friend of mine in his 10.0 Nova. Went back Saturday entered the Money Bracket and ended up winning. Pretty Cool! My parents brought their 70 Charger and ended up being the only ones in the survivor tent. There was supposed to be 5 cars in the tent. We have only missed a couple since the beginning and will continue to go until they stop having it.

Attached picture 6636177-DusterFordvsWorld2a8-09.jpg

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/16/11 10:25 PM

Quote:

It was a great time. Al you got the results incorrect. Brian beat me in round 4 which was the B1 class final. He was dialed 11.60. I went -.012 red against his .160 light. I ran it out the door and ran a 10.87 on a 10.86. Would have been a great race for sure. Then in the King of the Hill bracket with the final four class winners, he beat the blown 68 Dart and then lost to the 16 second Neon which is the same guy that won the whole thing last year there also. Brian did a great job battling a leaking tube for the last three rounds. Congrats to him! Although low on car count and spectator count, I never miss this event and it always is a great time.

I stand corrected,DRJAYO took out DRJAYO It was Brians day and I'm happy for him.We all had a great time,the overcast kepy us from BAKING Was good seeing you and Amilio

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/16/11 10:51 PM

i did not know this was your car...i was looking at it fri night in the lanes, we were there with my sons duster

Posted By: cowbay

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/17/11 11:12 AM

Eventhough the numbers were poor in regards to attendance it was still a great day. I have to give congrats to my brother Brian for the win. He went up against some stiff competition and we were battling a leaking slick the whole time after Mr. 5 speed. It is a shame though what has happened to this event. E-town needs to bring back the hemi car shoot out and start to promote it hard again to get those numbers back up.

Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/17/11 12:23 PM

Nice pics I had fun 2
Posted By: NoJoke

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/17/11 03:39 PM

Great pictures!!! There has to be a way that we can revamp this show again.... Any thoughts?
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/17/11 09:21 PM

Nice pics!!!! What did your RR run?? Whats your combo??
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/17/11 10:31 PM

it's our own fault! the event is there and know one shows,what do u want them to do? fly u in..im just saying...same thing with the rental dave puts together,i know its a monday,but geez u can give the boss over a months notice

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/18/11 12:43 AM

Thanks Guys rub it in that I couldn`t be there Saturday because of work. DR Jay the new wheels look good, I see you raced Steve Sisko Friday nite how was the race? Hes tough, I lost to him a few times when I raced Friday Night Mean Street there.
Posted By: WalterF

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 05:22 AM

First off let me start by thanking all the die-hards that still come out for this event.You make it worth our while to retain this show. The folks that show up are having fun and that is important.
Some of you, however, really must have your heads in the sand. Take a look around. All of the muscle car shows are shrinking, and shrinking rapidly. I said it before, and I'll say it again, The hobby is "greying". Many musclecar owners are now in their 50s and '60s. They've "been there and done that". The excitement is gone. In addition, many of us are facing serious financial difficulties in this terrible economy. All you have to do, if you don't believe me is to come out on a regular race day and count the number of "classic" Mopars...........One? maybe two? Usually none! And this is at a big, famous race track in a major metropolitan area.
The sad fact(for you) is that you are being replaced by a new generation that shows little interest in our type of car. Proof? How about Twenty Two Thousand people for Waterfest, a two day VW and Audi show in the dog days of August. Earlier this year we had a sport compact race with Nine Thousand spectators on a Sunday and ATCO had to close the gates before noon on Honda Day because there was no more room for spectators or racers. They (spectators)were actually cutting the chain link fence with bolt cutters to let their friends in!
We offer them the same thing that we offer you. They come, you don't.
Pontiac Day, which used to bring a couple hundred cars had about 30 cars this year. Have we really messed things up that badly? I don't think so. You want the event to grow? Talk all of your friends into actually showing up and to stop crying into their keyboards.
Flame on!
WF

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 09:30 AM

Hey can we do more streetwars import vs domestic ?
That event is a good event Walt
Posted By: HPMike

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 11:21 AM

Quote:

First off let me start by thanking all the die-hards that still come out for this event.You make it worth our while to retain this show. The folks that show up are having fun and that is important.
Some of you, however, really must have your heads in the sand. Take a look around. All of the muscle car shows are shrinking, and shrinking rapidly. I said it before, and I'll say it again, The hobby is "greying". Many musclecar owners are now in their 50s and '60s. They've "been there and done that". The excitement is gone. In addition, many of us are facing serious financial difficulties in this terrible economy. All you have to do, if you don't believe me is to come out on a regular race day and count the number of "classic" Mopars...........One? maybe two? Usually none! And this is at a big, famous race track in a major metropolitan area.
The sad fact(for you) is that you are being replaced by a new generation that shows little interest in our type of car. Proof? How about Twenty Two Thousand people for Waterfest, a two day VW and Audi show in the dog days of August. Earlier this year we had a sport compact race with Nine Thousand spectators on a Sunday and ATCO had to close the gates before noon on Honda Day because there was no more room for spectators or racers. They (spectators)were actually cutting the chain link fence with bolt cutters to let their friends in!
Pontiac Day, which used to bring a couple hundred cars had about 30 cars this year. Have we really messed things up that badly? I don't think so. You want the event to grow? Talk all of your friends into actually showing up and to stop crying into their keyboards.
Flame on!
WF

Sorry, and with all due respect, I disagree with your statements for the most part.

Yes, the economy is in the dumps. We all know that. But there are people that are still getting out and enjoying the hobby. Lots of people. Get in your truck next week and head up to Lebanon Valley for Musclepalooza and then tell me that the muscle era cars are dead. The place draws an unbelievable crowd! Packed to the rafters. Same for the Carlisle events. And while I havent been to the Nats in the last few years, I hear they are still drawing a big crowd as well. Yet, Musclepalooxa at Etown doesn't nearly have the "juice" that the Valley has. Something's just wrong here. And as a business owner myself, I don't like anyone telling me how to run my business so I won't do the same for Etown, but constructive criticism is certainly welcomed. At the end of the day, a bigger, more popular event is good for all. The spectators/entrants have more fun and the house makes more money. Everyone wins.

The import events seem to be more about the "culture"(women, music, and )than the cars. But give them their due, they figured it out somehow.

I won't outline all of the changes that I believe should be made, as frankly, they would mirror what most have already previously posted. Read and take note I suppose. The one change that should absolutely be made is to change the date of the event. It rains just about every year on that weekend. Perhaps people are just "crossing it off their list", assuming that its going to rain anyway. The string of bad weather for this event is beyond a coincidence at this point. Move it or lose it.

Regards,

MB
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 11:59 AM

They cross it off the list because for years now Walt has been stating the same thing - it's not me it's all of you!

meanwhile, outside of E-town the Mopar Hobby is growing rapidly...

It's a waste of time to discuss this if there is no willingness to listen to the people who attended the event and are willing to give opinions on how to save it.
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 12:33 PM

Quote:

Flame on!
WF

WOW! i don't know what to say.. you are freaking clueless man. get out look around its your event that sucks. others are fine. you want us to show up then make it worth showing up. your obviously too thick headed and blind to listen to the people that used to make the show great so just kill the event already. your a joke and so is your event. go back to whatever cave you have been living in.
Posted By: wp23n

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 01:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Flame on!
WF

WOW! i don't know what to say.. you are freaking clueless man. get out look around its your event that sucks. others are fine. you want us to show up then make it worth showing up. your obviously too thick headed and blind to listen to the people that used to make the show great so just kill the event already. your a joke and so is your event. go back to whatever cave you have been living in.

DOUBLE WOW!!!!!!! i have been to 21 of these and with this attitude
this was definitely my last one..........

you may as well kill it as stated by Joe or better yet with the way you guys run your facility now plow it under and build houses on the property.

Post deleted by moparts - 05/20/11 02:27 PM

Posted By: Chris G

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 02:43 PM

Quote:

Get in your truck next week and head up to Lebanon Valley for Musclepalooza and then tell me that the muscle era cars are dead. The place draws an unbelievable crowd! Packed to the rafters. Same for the Carlisle events. And while I havent been to the Nats in the last few years, I hear they are still drawing a big crowd as well. Yet, Musclepalooxa at Etown doesn't nearly have the "juice" that the Valley has.

I doubt Hemmings will use E-town as the fall event much longer. Their staff was not at all happy with the turnout compared to NY. And anyone that's been to Lebanon Valley knows it's in the middle of nowhere, so to get the turnout they do must mean they are doing something right.

After reading Walt's comments, it's no wonder the show is what it is.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 02:49 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the folks disagreeing with Walter. It's pretty simple that if the 200+ folks from this site alone that no longer attend and make excuses as to why simply showed up one year, that would make the following year one of anticipation. That would also show the facility that the event has life which would in turn create the finances from the draw, not the tracks' account to provide some of the "events" being discussed such as legend appearances which cost money(sometimes in the thousands of dollars), hemi shootout event with sponsorship and payout etc. Regardless of the headcount drop in the last few years, all sides make very valid points. Internet and Ebay sales for parts, the reproduction parts market explosion, cost of simple things like food(bring your own), fuel, tolls, and the "been there done that perception" are all things that absolutely contributed to the downfall. But it always comes back to simply putting it on your calendar and showing up. Pay your $12 to come in, see old friends, buy a burger, watch some races, make new friends, open up to the new models of our hobby(LX), check out the SuperCars, and have a good time. Yes we remember how it used to be and it will never be a standing room only event. None of the heavy hitting events are. They are all not dead, but you can't honestly tell me that Carlisle wasn't thin, and Columbus wasn't thin. How can you not want to go to this event? The name Raceway Park alone is the top reason we go. Come under that tower when you're racing and there is nothing like it, thousands of feet of paved parking, beautiful grandstands, the sounds of racing, meeting up with your old friends, and putting a face to your keyboard friends. I'm sorry but I'll still attend no matter what because of those simple details. Many of us will still not agree, but all I know is myself a the gang of merry men that convoy with us, plan to go every year like has always been.

Didnt Carlisle just set an attendance record last year??

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 02:51 PM

Hey guys,.....go easy on Walter, he is a Mopar guy and him coming on here is not to bash, keep it constructive, as i have said before, THE TRACK IS WILLING TO LISTEN....IF IF IF IF...you guys are adults, and keep it constructive, you can practically "re-do" this event. You have the guys ear, work with him and the track, then actually GO to the event and support it. Act like men and you will get what you want. I was ther fri night with my son and his Duster, we could not go sat as he works and so do i, but we were loaded up and going on sunday but it got rained out.
Walter if you reading this, i would like to get some sponsors and get a small tire race topgether, id even let in the "big tire" guys so we vcan get alittle heads up race together.....

come on guys come up with constructive input and stop complaining,...this can be your event if you want it.

Tony Russo

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 02:56 PM

Quote:

THE TRACK IS WILLING TO LISTEN....IF IF IF IF...

Tony - with all due respect this quote says it all -

Quote:

Have we really messed things up that badly? I don't think so.

In the minds of E-town they are not doing anything wrong, therefore they are not going to change. it's sad to say - but unless he clarifies that statement as false - it is what it is.

Post deleted by moparts - 05/20/11 02:57 PM

Posted By: HPMike

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 02:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quarter Aces on Friday was week,

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 03:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Didnt Carlisle just set an attendance record last year??

Show me where the actual numbers are. Did you go? I did and have been there for 9 years straight. Friday was a ghost town, Quarter Aces on Friday was week, York Reunion on Satuday was very slow. I did not hit Beaver on that Sunday so I can't speak for that. Quoting that attendance phrase means that their marketing department is on point and doing a tremedous job. Putting that phrase out there is great tool of marketing to make every enthusiast believe everything is still keeping the status cuo.

I go every year - started both e-town and carlisle the same year - 1992 - I have watched E-town shrivvle into whatever it is and also watched Carlisle grow every year.

I know in fact the last 3 years it has grown, we used to park next to our tent and the last 2 years we have been forced to move our cars to our respective classes on sat to make room for people trying to get in the class section - thats a fact. it does get larger every year.

fact are facts - sponsors hit Carlisle , they all have the year planned out and e-town is not on the agenda any more - if that were to change the event would grow, not without it.

Hell I used to help put on an all Mopar show, two actually , one in my yard - we had 250+ mopars there - way more then E-town... it can be done - and it;s not rocket science.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 03:04 PM

I have gained a lot more respect for tracks in the last few years., Getting involved in some aspects of thier side of running events.
I say it all the time, they will listen and prob give you guys what you want....make sure if they listen, you show up to support them, THey cant pay celebs to show up without people paying at the gate. Its that simple.
I think they can revamp the event and make it different. Sponsors/Vendors having seminars etc on sat would be a good draw. They also need to get Chrysler dealers or something like that as a sponsor, someone mentioned a dealer could have cars on display and offer test drives on the road course, very good idea. Mopar perf shops like Muscle Motors or Indy (LOL) could have seminars and "show specials" This is just some ideas....
I dont want to see the event go away, i want to race there and do some nice 100' wheelies.....

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 03:07 PM

It looks like some of you believe that I actually run that show. I don't. I had nothing at all to do with the production of that event. Got it?
I am giving you my observations based on my personal experiences at that event since it's inception and from what I see on a day to day basis while working at the track as an announcer. I see everything!
Some of you really understand what is happening in our world, others never will.
The reality is that contrary to what you believe, just about every automotive event is shrinking, including Carlisle. Their numbers are down. How do I know? We talk to them.
As far as moving the date. I have a July weekend that you can have. I'll switch the Nostalgia race and Funny Car Reunion with the Mopar race. Oh wait.....it has rained out six of the last ten events!
WF
Posted By: 1970GTX

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 03:11 PM

I've been to this event when it was just starting out and when it was at it's peak.

I tried to hang in there and support the show as much as possible, but a big disappointment as mentioned throughout several post and threads, is the weather. It seems like you are almost guaranteed at least one rainy day in the latter parts of May weekends.

For me, the bigger disappointment has been the request by Raceway Park management for ideas to revive the event, but never putting the suggestions into practice.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 03:14 PM

Walt's NOT managment - he is only the announcer and will not do anything but stir the pot here - just like he has done for years.

If anyone wants to change the event you need to contact the Napp family directly - they own the place, and hire the announcers, as well as manage the shows.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 03:32 PM

Here's my 2% percent wheelbases.

*Bring a good gamblers race with buy backs included.

* Yes, invite a few of the Grudge races around the region to settle out their differences on Saturday, not Friday night. This includes inviting the Bowties, Tribes, Blue Ovals, Business MAD MEN Buicks, and even American motors to bring it to the line for a good old fashion run what you brung street race style send off.
I used to look forward to this kind of grind at the Mopar Nationals of which I still go to even though they have their track issues with racers and spectators as well.

*Bring the race cars back to their respective pit area in the pits by the staging lanes, not by the boonies at the end of the track where even the race gas is out of reach. Put the Kings of Queens ( no disrespect, just joking) in the rear where they can have peace of mind when talking numbers correct and proper paint codes.

* Make the pot chewable for the F.A.S.T or Super Car guys to come in formation and put on a good run. Maybe even a good bracket between F.A.S.T and the Super car crowd. Both a great set of guys and sportsmanship.

* Take a New stand to advertise it in more than a Mopar magazine or two. Radio spots could help. E-mail send offs. etc.

*FOOD!, I'm sorry, but if you are going to be charging mega dollars for the old true American past time cuisine, then it should at least have real beef and real health attached to it. I would not eat any of those so called meals if they even had Bobby Flay throw in a few flakes of seasoning. That is why my cooler is filled with good old fashion home cooked or slow food and drinks from places that care. People will come for the food only if it were only decent.
Forget about buying Joe Gibbs oil for your engine, you could change the oil in your car with some of that oil fat run off from the terrible food alone.

* And last but not least, A foot race between Rich Christensen (He's a closet Mopar man I believe) and I for the crown of Arm dropping nerds. Crowd can chip in on the pot and a third of the winners proceeds go to charity, the rest to the other runner ups charity.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 05:16 PM

Quote:

Show me where the actual numbers are. Did you go? I did and have been there for 9 years straight. Friday was a ghost town,

What's the difference if you get the quoted numbers...you won't believe them anyway.

A ghost town? Really???

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 05:45 PM

I think taking shots at each other accomplishes nothing except for everyone being pissed off with each other. I am realistic that this event will not be back to where it was 20 years ago, but I do believe it can get back to where it was 8-9 years ago. Look I have a great time when I go to this event. I think there are some good suggestions out there from the various members. I think if the hemi shootout, maybe a gamblers race and a grudge match with supercar/FAST, plus some more promotion via whatever radio, internet. I do also agree is maybe pushing the show car corral further out and bring the racers closer in would help. Let's face it as stated before the swap area will never be big again because of ebay, etc. I think this event has to be promoted more as a race event than a be all end all.
As for Musclepalooza on labor day weekend where people say it was not as sucessful as LVD there are many reasons for that. Some are as stated before is that Englishtown is much larger so it will seem not to be as large and then there is some real stiff competion in the area with Lead East that has been doing it since the 80's.
Again in the end we have to look at the positives and build from there. Just my along with many other peoples
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 05:51 PM

IN 2010 Carlisle set a record for show cars, but it certainly appeared spectators were down.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 06:02 PM

Some have suggested that an outside promoter be brought in to revive this show. O.K. Here is your big chance (DJVCUDA?) to remake the Mopar world! E-Town would certainly entertain the idea of a partnership or track rental for this event. They do it for others, why not this one?
WF

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 06:09 PM

Quote:

Some have suggested that an outside promoter be brought in to revive this show. O.K. Here is your big chance (DJVCUDA?) to remake the Mopar world! E-Town would certainly entertain the idea of a partnership or track rental for this event. They do it for others, why not this one?
WF

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The ENTIRE show would need to be revamped in order to bring it around. This would be no small feat, & would probably take several years. It is probably best in the hands of a Mopar show promotor who knows what they are doing, it's beyond the scope of E-town staff.

i agree. they should hire that chick that used to run the carlisle events. forget her name.

you are right though. it will take a few years to come back if it even can..

Might have been Lisa Laury or Leatherly that booked the events

Actually I think it was Joe who had the idea... and i'm not wasting my time talking to the announcer / pot stirrer here

I've put together bigger Mopar shows in my yard before so I have nothing to prove. ( it's not cocky if you can back it up )

Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 06:45 PM

Quote:

It's pretty simple that if the 200+ folks from this site alone that no longer attend and make excuses as to why simply showed up one year, that would make the following year one of anticipation.

thats not how it works. people don't just show up because there is an event. the guys that put the event together have to make people want to go to the event. whatever that event may be. its quite obvious that e-town isn't doing that. as for me, i'm not going back till i hear from people i trust that the event is heading in the right direction. i refuse to blindly support something that i think sucks. hell i went too many years as it was declining, guess i figured they would turn it around. well that didn't happen so i'm using my money as my voice. e-town isn't getting it. i'll spend my hard earned money elsewhere thank you very much..

and walt, i gave you the name of the person to put that event together. its up to you to pass it on.

Posted By: NoFrills

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 09:46 PM

I think if there was a good paying superstock class the stands and place would be full again of people wanting to watch hemi cars

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 11:39 PM

Quote:

I've been to this event when it was just starting out and when it was at it's peak.

I tried to hang in there and support the show as much as possible, but a big disappointment as mentioned throughout several post and threads, is the weather. It seems like you are almost guaranteed at least one rainy day in the latter parts of May weekends.

For me, the bigger disappointment has been the request by Raceway Park management for ideas to revive the event, but never putting the suggestions into practice.

I really have to vehemently disagree with you on this one.
When I did have a hand in this event a few years ago I did come on this forum and asked for help. I got a lot of great suggestions ( I also got a lot of crap from the same haters that are still here today) and went to work. We brought back the Cruise to Freehold.....one car showed up. We brought in a live band. They played for a crowd of about ten people. We promoted a burnout contest with a prize of two race tires. I think that we had something like two cars entered by 4 p.m.. Then there was the Raceway Park sponsored ten thousand dollar HEMI A body Shootout. Do you remember how well that went? We had what, 5 cars? The Hemi A Body drivers led by Ken Montgomery, Bullet Bob Reed,and others had an audience of 10 for their Q&A session in the air conditioned tower on a hot day. Then there was the Mopar crate engine give away. Out of the 3 thousand people that were eligible to enter the contest by filling out a survey form only 12 hundred did. Galen Govier was still coming to the event at that time. I sat in on his seminar with 4 other people.
Disheartening? You bet. But please, don't say that we ignored all of your feed back. Simply not even close to being true.
WF

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/20/11 11:47 PM

Quote:

I think if there was a good paying superstock class the stands and place would be full again of people wanting to watch hemi cars

We have always had a good paying Stock/SuperStock class. We also have to compete for their time with National Events, an even larger Divisional schedule, circuit races, and a terrible economy with virtually no one willing to put up sponsorship money. Have you checked the car counts at Division One races and National Events? Not long ago you needed and Event Grading of 5 or better to be accepted at our National Event. Now, all you have to do is send NHRA a check.
WF
Posted By: Dartari

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/21/11 12:56 AM

The problem with the Mopar Atlantic Nationals are many from the change from june to may from the collectability of these cars and of course and the long gap between rear wheel drive cars that young people can afford(Mustangs,Camaros,Firebirds,imports etc)and last and not least mopar people in the North East a majority of them are not serious racers or enthusiast i remember a few years ago there was mopars at the Patch at Island Dragway the Weather was forecast to be Beautiful and it was and still they did not show.I dont know what will it take to make this event great again but one thing is for sure we as Mopar enthusiast have to do a better job supporting any Mopar venue or we will loose it and we will only have ourselves to blame.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/21/11 01:14 AM

Quote:

The problem with the Mopar Atlantic Nationals are many from the change from june to may from the collectability of these cars and of course and the long gap between rear wheel drive cars that young people can afford(Mustangs,Camaros,Firebirds,imports etc)and last and not least mopar people in the North East a majority of them are not serious racers or enthusiast i remember a few years ago there was mopars at the Patch at Island Dragway the Weather was forecast to be Beautiful and it was and still they did not show.I dont know what will it take to make this event great again but one thing is for sure we as Mopar enthusiast have to do a better job supporting any Mopar venue or we will loose it and we will only have ourselves to blame.

Good points. I don't think that some folks realize the incredible up-hill battle we are facing in this business.
WF

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/21/11 02:25 AM

There has been a " change" in the track management at Island and the Mopar friendly mgmt. is no longer there. I asked about Mopars at the Patch for this year at the drivers meeting back in February and was told to pick a date, I was thinking mid - October like last year the weather was really nice. I have tried to help promote the event the last couple of years but attendance has always been light. But with the new track mgmt in place and the other Mopar friendly mgmt gone I don`t know if I want to get involved, I have been asked already by a few Mopar guys what the date for this years event is however. I`ll decide soon because despite the light turnout, its still fun and its nice seeing some Mopar guys I don`t see too often. I know I have fun last year I ran two Mopars in two different classes. about the Atlantic Nats... I still enjoy the event when its not rained out and will continue to come as long as its held, I said it before and I`ll say it again.... Have a Rain Date!!!

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/21/11 02:46 AM

I think we all agree the economy is a little better than a train wreck right now. Walter is right is that the muscle car group is getting older, but the numbers should be better. The remaining have to support events like this. We have to work together as a group to get it up. The way I look at it is we can all complain and this will go away. All I know is that drag racing is not what it once was. The next generation are not as car orientated like we were. I don't even se them building tuners in any great numbers anymore. Tracks are disapearing all over, look how long island went from three to zero and it has been major uphill battle to get a track back. I miss that dumpy track.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/21/11 11:45 AM

WOW I just wanted them to clean up the pits of nails,screws,rocks and move us to the track not the airport parking.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/21/11 12:50 PM

I remember the days when the pit side was the pit side and the OTHER SIDE of the track was the swap& show.Enough memories from the old guy
Getting a guy like Vinny Nobile and a few other PRO STOCK mopars,coupla NITRO mopar cars be it a digger or Pro Mod would get a much better headcount in the stands.A few celebs like Linda and Pam could help.Scrap the go carts for a drifting show.A Manufaturers midway,does not have to be huge is also an attraction.I personally loved the Hemi shootout and was dissappointed when they reduced to the "A" cars and cut out the "B" & "C" wheels up racers.
The tax thing,well you also have to register as a seller and get a tax number of some sort at Carlisle,so that angle don't fly with me.
I also have been going since the 2nd annual and will continue to go even if I'm in a wheelchair.

Attached picture 6643650-5-21-S6%20067.jpg

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/21/11 01:13 PM

Quote:

I remember the days when the pit side was the pit side and the OTHER SIDE of the track was the swap& show.Enough memories from the old guy
Getting a guy like Vinny Nobile and a few other PRO STOCK mopars,coupla NITRO mopar cars be it a digger or Pro Mod would get a much better headcount in the stands.A few celebs like Linda and Pam could help.Scrap the go carts for a drifting show.A Manufaturers midway,does not have to be huge is also an attraction.I personally loved the Hemi shootout and was dissappointed when they reduced to the "A" cars and cut out the "B" & "C" wheels up racers.
The tax thing,well you also have to register as a seller and get a tax number of some sort at Carlisle,so that angle don't fly with me.
I also have been going since the 2nd annual and will continue to go even if I'm in a wheelchair.

Hemi how about this to get the numbers up? Get your motor together and start running deep into the 9's. That would fill the stands I want to see those garbage dumpsters i.e. SV1 carbs in action.

Re: Mopars @ E-Town who's going? - 05/21/11 09:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hemi how about this to get the numbers up? Get your motor together and start running deep into the 9's. That would fill the stands I want to see those garbage dumpsters i.e. SV1 carbs in action.

Sounds like a sponcership offer
© 2024 Moparts Forums