01/22/11 09:57 PM
Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
GTSDave Offline
master
GTSDave  Offline
master

Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
Quote:

When I was a SFI cert inspector I was told that it's the stiching that they worried about. The pushing and pulling on the belt's where they are mounted.

I will keep that in mind in April when I throw away this brand new set of belts that are still in the box next to my computer.

I finally had enough last year and did not renew my membership. Not sure if I ever will. I am very torn about it right now.

Some are so fed up with it all that they would rather eat a freshed baked stink pickle from a Labrador than run at an NHRA event. These are folks that have been racing since before I was born.

Every year more and more people are throwing up their hands and giving up. You shouldn't have to take out a second mortgage to bring your wife and 2.5 kids to the track for a weekend.

It doesn't have to be that way. People cant afford to continue with it and are choosing to spend what little money they have for "Fun" stuff elsewhere.

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: Challenger 1] #909579
01/22/11 10:17 PM
01/22/11 10:17 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOoC Online penguin-006
The village idiot's idiot
dOoC  Online Penguin-006

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Doc...

Yeah Chally1 .... a double at choo ...and you do need ...

You might know a thing or two about Petroluem "Trading"(aka nothing-but-a-FLIPPER) .... but you don't-know-CHIT about the inner workings of the NHRA. And I do. Maybe not as much as KM ... but who can expect him to be direct and open about this situation ?

And you have run-your-mouth on LOTS of other topics .. just like this.

The problem with you here ....as I see it .....

You don't know .....and you DON'T KNOW .. that you don't know.

AKA ... you are totally CLUEless.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: dOoC] #909580
01/22/11 11:26 PM
01/22/11 11:26 PM
City of Champions
P
Prostock Offline
I Live Here
Prostock  Offline
I Live Here
P

City of Champions
Quote:

Quote:

Who cares what Tom Compton makes. He is the presdident of a major corporation.

Monte

OH Monte ......NOW it is a major CORPORATION ? ...

And good ole Carl Olson .... when I was an associate and major sponsor I knew him well. And I bugged-him about bogus rules(and the lack of some legit ones) ... that are NOW instituted or changed.

Quote:

Why don't you find out what the president of that organization that owns IHRA makes, bet it's more than Compton.

IHRA is paying taxes, NHRA isn't. Hopefully they are forced to pay back taxes for all of the years that they are found to be non compliant.

Bader and Norwalk sold out for $$$, not because they thought NHRA was better.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: Prostock] #909581
01/22/11 11:27 PM
01/22/11 11:27 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOoC Online penguin-006
dOoC  Online Penguin-006

Florida STAYcation
GO get-em P-burg MUDstain guy ..

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: Prostock] #909582
01/22/11 11:30 PM
01/22/11 11:30 PM
City of Champions
P
Prostock Offline
I Live Here
Prostock  Offline
I Live Here
P

City of Champions
Quote:

Just a thought..If there was no NHRA ...Were ya gonna race?

The really nice IHRA track just east of Pittsburgh.

Seriously, do you think all of those track owners would shut down just because the NHRA went away?

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: GTSDave] #909583
01/23/11 12:58 AM
01/23/11 12:58 AM
City of Champions
P
Prostock Offline
I Live Here
Prostock  Offline
I Live Here
P

City of Champions
Quote:

Quote:

When I was a SFI cert inspector I was told that it's the stiching that they worried about. The pushing and pulling on the belt's where they are mounted.

I will keep that in mind in April when I throw away this brand new set of belts that are still in the box next to my computer.

I finally had enough last year and did not renew my membership. Not sure if I ever will. I am very torn about it right now.

Some are so fed up with it all that they would rather eat a freshed baked stink pickle from a Labrador than run at an NHRA event. These are folks that have been racing since before I was born.

Every year more and more people are throwing up their hands and giving up. You shouldn't have to take out a second mortgage to bring your wife and 2.5 kids to the track for a weekend.

It doesn't have to be that way. People cant afford to continue with it and are choosing to spend what little money they have for "Fun" stuff elsewhere.

-Dave

All of what you state above Dave is what will FORCE the NHRA to change, even if the fed don't force it upon them.

Look at the stands now. They are half empty the last I saw, and I can't even say I watched one race in 2010.

I was offered an "all access" pass for free for Reading last year, and declined.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: dOoC] #909584
01/23/11 02:16 AM
01/23/11 02:16 AM
City of Champions
P
Prostock Offline
I Live Here
Prostock  Offline
I Live Here
P

City of Champions
Quote:

GO get-em P-burg MUDstain guy ..

"MUDstains" run.....boggers well, just bog.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: Prostock] #909585
01/23/11 05:59 AM
01/23/11 05:59 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
The belt,fire suit,helmet regulations are only part of a larger issue that includes the cage certifications which becomes an issue for discussion also.Getting past the incresing cost of all this,what good are they when inspecters only check the dates on the tags or the diameter and thickness of the tubing as well as placement.We see many cars that have all the certifications but built in such a fashion that they are not safe to go down the track.Yet you see them allowed to run with poor welds and fit,lack of welds and gussets,micky mouse steering and suspension componants,fire hazzard wiring and fuel systems and much more.In all my years of racing,I have never seen a tech guy check anything but the tagged items they can see.I have never seen them crawl under a car to check the shields,flexplates or any fastnening points.Even at major races if you hand them the SFI numbers of those unseen parts they let you race.If they were concerned with one's saftey then they should look to correct things that are unsafe that cause issues not just regulate things that can help survive an incident,after all there are others that can be hurt such as spectators and track personel.I know we are getting off track of the original post that NHRA's non-profit is in question but lets get real and try and understand why they are paying theses wild compensations to people with our money when it can be better spent actually making our sport better and safer to all the racers and not just cater to the elite professional classes.I'am a for anything that promotes saftey,I'am just not for increasing our cost just to fill someones pockets.Non-profit my AZZ

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: B G Racing] #909586
01/23/11 06:10 AM
01/23/11 06:10 AM
Q
quick77rt Offline
Parts Problem
quick77rt  Offline
Parts Problem
Q

Where it all started in the first place...on the streets.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: quick77rt ] #909587
01/23/11 06:33 AM
01/23/11 06:33 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Where it all started in the first place...on the streets.

Norwalk and other tracks survived many years under IHRA.Many of these tracks flipflop associations to who offers a better deal.Pittsburgh was NHRA for many years when it was Keystone and was a dump.Now IHRA and getting to be one of the nicest tracks around.Beaver Springs is also IHRA and a great race venue.To think that only NHRA provides a race venue is why they got most people by the balls.We need to change our way of thinking and maybe that will get NHRA's attention and change their way of doing business.As I said I'am all for safety but if I'am getting screwed,I want my moneys worth and fill good too.Hookers may cheat a little on their taxes but still pay something.If NHRA can justify that they are a Non-profit organization then great,then there's no problem,that someone has the right to question them is also great.Sometimes things are not the way they appear to be and that we can question them is what make this country(USA) so great also.

Last edited by B G Racing; 01/23/11 10:47 AM.
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: B G Racing] #909588
01/23/11 10:07 AM
01/23/11 10:07 AM
Smyrna, South Carolina
STEFF Offline
master
STEFF  Offline
master

Smyrna, South Carolina
Quote:

At present, compensation is determined by a “personnel committee”, who are likely to be selected and paid by NHRA officials. Based on NHRA’s 2008 tax filings, two of the Association’s executives received compensation well beyond industry standards. Thomas Compton, the Association’s President and Board Member, received $771,632 in total compensation. Dallas Gardner, Chairman of the NHRA Board, received $319,073 for one single hour of work per week. Comparable data indicates that average total compensation paid to CEOs at the ten largest trade associations in the United States was $642,447 in 2006 for full-time positions.

Seems like a pretty good gig to me.............if any of you had the opportunity to have those positions & receive that compensation, you'd do it too. If you say you wouldn't, you're a liar!!

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: STEFF] #909589
01/23/11 12:55 PM
01/23/11 12:55 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

At present, compensation is determined by a “personnel committee”, who are likely to be selected and paid by NHRA officials. Based on NHRA’s 2008 tax filings, two of the Association’s executives received compensation well beyond industry standards. Thomas Compton, the Association’s President and Board Member, received $771,632 in total compensation. Dallas Gardner, Chairman of the NHRA Board, received $319,073 for one single hour of work per week. Comparable data indicates that average total compensation paid to CEOs at the ten largest trade associations in the United States was $642,447 in 2006 for full-time positions.

Seems like a pretty good gig to me.............if any of you had the opportunity to have those positions & receive that compensation, you'd do it too. If you say you wouldn't, you're a liar!!

Just because they can do it and get away with it dosen't make it right.If they earned it great,but to do it at the expense of someones' hard earned money like the envestment scams,improper banking and other illegal scams,then like those people they should be held accountable.If someone pays you big numbers with others money and you accept it you are just as guilty.That they are a non-proft organization the the money belongs to those who contribute and should be used for their benifit such as saftey and events no to line any few peoples pockets.Seem like we have a few more Bernie Madoffs but on a smaller scale.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: B G Racing] #909590
01/23/11 01:59 PM
01/23/11 01:59 PM
new jersey usa
11secdart Offline
master
11secdart  Offline
master

new jersey usa
B.G. hit the nail on the head!

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: 11secdart] #909591
01/23/11 05:59 PM
01/23/11 05:59 PM
s.w.fl
B
bonefish Offline
master
bonefish  Offline
master
B

s.w.fl
the IRS is the most corupt and lawless organization on earth,if they want em they will get em right or wrong.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: bonefish] #909592
01/23/11 06:29 PM
01/23/11 06:29 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

the IRS is the most corupt and lawless organization on earth,if they want em they will get em right or wrong.

best post yet

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: Monte_Smith] #909593
01/24/11 11:11 AM
01/24/11 11:11 AM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Most of the people that complain about the NHRA, have no legitimate beef, or even know why they are complaining. It is just that "blood in the water" mentality, that makes everyone want to pile on.

This seatbelt rule that you guys get so bent out of shape about, is NOT an NHRA rule. It is a rule set forth by the SFI foundation and NHRA chooses to recognize SFI as the governing body, concerning safety rules. Other orgs, such as the NTPA, IHBA, Nascar and many others also follow SFI guidelines.

Then, the contingency comments are just laughable. Unless you work for a company, that actually pays contingency, or have worked with a race org, then I can just about guarantee, that you have no clue how it works............but the comments like "the contingency sponsors pay off the NHRA, so that rules are changed and we have to continue to buy their products to race"......what?????? Somebody watches too many episodes of "Conspiracy Theory".

Whether you hate NHRA or not, to claim that the sport would be better off without them and hope for their demise, is VERY shortsighted...to put it mildly.

Monte

Exactly. It's easy to tell the real racers from the pretenders around here.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: BobR] #909594
01/24/11 01:22 PM
01/24/11 01:22 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
The NHRA needs to get a clue and fire the top people, but I wouldn't want to see them go away. They might though after this.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: BobR] #909595
01/24/11 01:32 PM
01/24/11 01:32 PM
Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
GTSDave Offline
master
GTSDave  Offline
master

Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
Quote:

Quote:

Whether you hate NHRA or not, to claim that the sport would be better off without them and hope for their demise, is VERY shortsighted...to put it mildly.

Monte

I don't hate NHRA or want to see them go away. I want to see some sanity return with inspectors that do more than just check date codes.

Some people tear up/ wear out their equipment and probably need things like belts changed more often than two years. Others that don't, should be able to run longer on them.

Likewise with fire suits. How many times have you seen someone wearing one that is 2 sizes too small, or that looked like they used it mop up an oil spill.

Why should they be allowed to run even if their tag isn't expired?

It cuts both ways, but without inspectors that are trained and actually do more than check dates, all we end up doing is throwing money away with these blanket policies.

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: BobR] #909596
01/24/11 03:01 PM
01/24/11 03:01 PM
Thigh-Gap Junction
@
@#$%&*! Offline
New user name, Same old jerk!
@#$%&*!  Offline
New user name, Same old jerk!
@

Thigh-Gap Junction
Quote:

Okay, I got it: REAL racers LOVE the NHRA.

The truth is that the nhra has been converted from a membership organization to a sports marketing corporation. Members have no say in how things are run and a few top individuals laugh all the way to the bank. There is a better way.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: plasticfantastic] #909597
01/24/11 04:33 PM
01/24/11 04:33 PM
GA
Boosted Offline
master
Boosted  Offline
master

GA
Quote:

so eventually when they arent a "non profit" company, they'll raise the prices of everything, you think its bad now with all the complaining of certs and 2 year belt replacements, entry fees blah blah and all the stuff NOW... imagine when they have people to answer to.

Just say no to them... If enough people walk away they will change...

2011 RAM3500

1967 Fastback Barracuda with some go fast goodies.
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12