S
smokinwoody Offline
I Live Here
smokinwoody  Offline
I Live Here
S

somwhere
thats some awesome work...

I was going to add and show what I did...but I can see there's no need...

Re: building back half car [Re: positivenoise] #903331
04/15/11 01:01 AM
04/15/11 01:01 AM
New York, USA
Chargerfan68 Offline OP
pro stock
Chargerfan68  Offline OP
pro stock

New York, USA
Quote:

quote]
Quote:

Wow, I came across this thread. You are doing a great job. The car is looking super. My question is what do you do for a living? If you are not a welder, bodyman, or chassis builder, again Wow, hats off to you.Keep the pictures coming. You are doing exactly what I would love to do to my car.

Thanks very much. I am not a welder or chassis man by trade. I am not even involved with automobiles for work. It just helps that I try to spend almost every waking minute learning and reading about building cars. It is just a love. I never attempted anything like this (at this level). I can tell you that you can do it if you really want to. You just go as slow as you need and measure eveything 3 times to make sure it all goes right. I have been making mistakes, but I just correct and adjust my plans as I go.

It does help that I do have some experience with body and paint work on the side. But that does nothing for me with welding and chassiswork building.

What car would you like to do and how far would you like to go. Some details would be great.

Greg.

Greg, my car is a 70 Cuda. It has been raced since the late 70s but I have owned it since 86. The previous owner had cut the rear fenders and flared them a bit to fit tires.It is not that extreme but I really want to make it right someday. I wish I had some pictures of the old school roll bar it had in it. I put a cage and coil overs in the rear around 2003.Maybe seeing your work will inspire me. Also where abouts in NY are you? Ever go to LVD in the eastern part? Keep up the great work.[

I love the Cuda also...that would be a real cool car to do up. This is the place to learn alot. I certainly have and will continue to. These guys on here a true builders, racers, and enthusiasts.

I am on Long Island. Where is LVD?

1.50 60Ft. , 10.75@ 127MPH Hauling 3900 LBS.
Re: building back half car [Re: smokinwoody] #903332
04/15/11 01:11 AM
04/15/11 01:11 AM
New York, USA
Chargerfan68 Offline OP
pro stock
Chargerfan68  Offline OP
pro stock

New York, USA
Quote:

thats some awesome work...

I was going to add and show what I did...but I can see there's no need...

Thanks very much. I would love to see some pictures of you build if you would.

Greg.

Re: building back half car [Re: Chargerfan68] #903333
04/15/11 08:01 AM
04/15/11 08:01 AM
somwhere
S
smokinwoody Offline
I Live Here
smokinwoody  Offline
I Live Here
S

somwhere
here you go Greg..
I havent worked on it in at least 4years or more, however in a few weeks I'm going to move it back into the garage and finish it up..

I'll ask this,..I have a complete AlterKtion front assembly...my thoughts were to sell this off and install a tubular straight axle with parallel leafs...like they did on the early A/FX...gassers of the erra...what do you think?

here is a link to my pics...thanks Greg..

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v506/smokinwoody/1963%20Dodge/

Re: building back half car [Re: Chargerfan68] #903334
04/18/11 10:57 AM
04/18/11 10:57 AM
MA
positivenoise Offline
positivenoise  Offline

MA
Quote:

Quote:

quote]
Quote:

Wow, I came across this thread. You are doing a great job. The car is looking super. My question is what do you do for a living? If you are not a welder, bodyman, or chassis builder, again Wow, hats off to you.Keep the pictures coming. You are doing exactly what I would love to do to my car.

Thanks very much. I am not a welder or chassis man by trade. I am not even involved with automobiles for work. It just helps that I try to spend almost every waking minute learning and reading about building cars. It is just a love. I never attempted anything like this (at this level). I can tell you that you can do it if you really want to. You just go as slow as you need and measure eveything 3 times to make sure it all goes right. I have been making mistakes, but I just correct and adjust my plans as I go.

It does help that I do have some experience with body and paint work on the side. But that does nothing for me with welding and chassiswork building.

What car would you like to do and how far would you like to go. Some details would be great.

Greg.

Greg, my car is a 70 Cuda. It has been raced since the late 70s but I have owned it since 86. The previous owner had cut the rear fenders and flared them a bit to fit tires.It is not that extreme but I really want to make it right someday. I wish I had some pictures of the old school roll bar it had in it. I put a cage and coil overs in the rear around 2003.Maybe seeing your work will inspire me. Also where abouts in NY are you? Ever go to LVD in the eastern part? Keep up the great work.[

I love the Cuda also...that would be a real cool car to do up. This is the place to learn alot. I certainly have and will continue to. These guys on here a true builders, racers, and enthusiasts.

I am on Long Island. Where is LVD?

Lebenon Valley Dragway. Its on Rt 20 between Albany and the MA line.

Re: building back half car [Re: positivenoise] #903335
04/19/11 08:24 PM
04/19/11 08:24 PM
SO. CAL.
70blackfish Offline
master
70blackfish  Offline
master

SO. CAL.
How is it going, any new pictures?

Re: building back half car [Re: 70blackfish] #903336
04/20/11 12:11 AM
04/20/11 12:11 AM
New York, USA
Chargerfan68 Offline OP
pro stock
Chargerfan68  Offline OP
pro stock

New York, USA
Quote:

How is it going, any new pictures?

Thanks for the pics Smokinwoody. Great build and nice work. I'd like to see the progress as you complete it. Keep up the great work. Your inital pics helped me along at the beginning stages of my build. Thanks.

Things have slowed down as I mentioned they would. I am just waiting for cash each month so I can order the parts as I make the money. Too many family expenses right now and I am trying to tuck away a few hundred dollars each month to order parts...not as easy as I planned.

I am ordering the tubs and metal kit this week, so as soon as I get them in, I should have some more pictures up.

Thanks for the interest guys,
Greg.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6