07/27/11 04:03 PM
WI
RestoRick Offline
top fuel
RestoRick  Offline
top fuel

WI
A period of time that isn't long.

A shipment is on the way to me, so I'd expect it to be in my hands by early next week.

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. [Re: RestoRick] #783079
07/27/11 05:19 PM
07/27/11 05:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi everyone,

Glad to have you on board with the RPM Rick !

On another subject - CARPET

I posted on another thread that we are getting ready to send the large carpet container to have it filled with flat ( not rolled ) correct carpet. If anyone would like to be added to the order give Charlie a call at the shop 1-855-532-7846 ( toll Free ) . We're going to order in a matter of days.

Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

Tom

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. #783080
07/27/11 06:11 PM
07/27/11 06:11 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Online content
Too Many Posts
A12  Online Content
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
Quote:

Hi everyone,

Glad to have you on board with the RPM Rick !

On another subject - CARPET

I posted on another thread that we are getting ready to send the large carpet container to have it filled with flat ( not rolled ) correct carpet. If anyone would like to be added to the order give Charlie a call at the shop 1-855-532-7846 ( toll Free ) . We're going to order in a matter of days.

Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.<-- is that intended CARPET PUN there

Tom

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. [Re: A12] #783081
07/27/11 07:32 PM
07/27/11 07:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.<-- is that intended CARPET PUN there

Tom

A little carpet humor !!!! It's a 115 heat index in St. Louis today - gotta have some fun now and then.

Tom

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. [Re: RestoRick] #783082
07/27/11 08:06 PM
07/27/11 08:06 PM
Sacramento CA
M
Morty426 Offline
master
Morty426  Offline
master
M

Sacramento CA
Quote:

A period of time that isn't long.

A shipment is on the way to me, so I'd expect it to be in my hands by early next week.

Rick,

You're from WI where 'shortly' could mean to any where between two weeks and the next growing season.

I'm from CA where it means now to yesterday.

I'll drop you an order since I'm sure I need other stuff.

M

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. [Re: kidmopar] #783083
07/28/11 04:21 PM
07/28/11 04:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Hello Tom, { "in preparation for a project we are working on" }
This wouldn't be the 'Book' Mr. Walden was going to put together was it? I figured I bugged him enough about it. ............
Thanks, Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Here is another installment in the "project". We'll keep everyone informed as we move along. Both the Valiant and Challenger pictures shown below were taken in the last few weeks.

More to come !

Tom

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. #783084
07/28/11 04:44 PM
07/28/11 04:44 PM
New State
kidmopar Offline
master
kidmopar  Offline
master

New State
Quote:

Quote:

Hello Tom, { "in preparation for a project we are working on" }
This wouldn't be the 'Book' Mr. Walden was going to put together was it? I figured I bugged him enough about it. ............
Thanks, Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Here is another installment in the "project". We'll keep everyone informed as we move along. Both the Valiant and Challenger pictures shown below were taken in the last few weeks.

More to come !

Tom

W O W ! I can hardly wait. Beyond AWESOME!

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. #783085
07/28/11 05:22 PM
07/28/11 05:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tom,

Just noticed the seat reinforcement brackets on the driver side of the chally. Were all bucket seat cars supposed to get those reinforcement brackets? I know our 70 chally vert is a fairly early prod. car (SPO of 9/28/69) but it does not have them. It does have the square plates like are on the pass side seat floor pan.

By the way, phenominal pics!

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. [Re: ] #783086
07/28/11 05:50 PM
07/28/11 05:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Tom,

Just noticed the seat reinforcement brackets on the driver side of the chally. Were all bucket seat cars supposed to get those reinforcement brackets? I know our 70 chally vert is a fairly early prod. car (SPO of 9/28/69) but it does not have them. It does have the square plates like are on the pass side seat floor pan.

By the way, phenominal pics!

Hi Brian,

Great catch. They are reinforcements for the 6 way seat on the drivers side. Nice to chat with you today.

Tom

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. #783087
07/29/11 09:40 AM
07/29/11 09:40 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah, couldn't remember about the 6 way seat! Pleasure chatting with you also yesterday. I guess the ramps are making it so we can get a pic of the pinch weld area black out area.

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. #783088
07/29/11 11:49 AM
07/29/11 11:49 AM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Online content
Too Many Posts
A12  Online Content
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
How many individual photos were Photoshop'd together to make just one clear, crisp photo of those two cars????? (looks like about 100+ each ).

MikeR

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. #783089
07/29/11 05:17 PM
07/29/11 05:17 PM
St. Louis, MO
DodgeMaterial Offline
enthusiast
DodgeMaterial  Offline
enthusiast

St. Louis, MO
All I can say is WOW...they still look awesome, and give me goose-bumps! Tom - Pass it on to Dave W., Steve and Jon! We sure had a LOT of time on that undercoating and metal prep! It also shows how amazing RPM is - really doing the job keeping all of that bare metal looking like it did in 1970 at Hamtramck. This picture is a great reference tool... and I know that sharing has always been part of the goal with everything learned on these projects. I wonder why the "pros" haven't shared their best results with everyone like this.
Dave

DodgeMaterial - Dave JS29U0B - FK5 - 440-4 Auto WS23V0A - EB5 - 440-6 Auto
Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. [Re: A12] #783090
07/29/11 05:21 PM
07/29/11 05:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

How many individual photos were Photoshop'd together to make just one clear, crisp photo of those two cars????? (looks like about 100+ each ).

MikeR

Hi Mike,

As you know you have to start out with a good quality photo to end up with a finished product like this. We also used a new lighting system for lifts that we are going to offer in our product line. None of the pictures were enhanced or altered except to clean up the underside of the red lift for future logos. The completed file size got pretty large but 25-30 clean high resolution photos were merged together to create the finished product. I have included one of the original pictures to show where we started.

We wanted to do both pictures since many people didn't have the opportunity to see the cars from the underside other than various shots in the magazines.

Thanks to all for the positive comments posted above.

Tom

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. #783091
08/01/11 05:32 PM
08/01/11 05:32 PM
DELAWARE
TONY_DAGOSTINO Offline
master
TONY_DAGOSTINO  Offline
master

DELAWARE
Tom,

beautiful pics!!

i have an RPM question.

how would it hold up on a aluminum carburetor?

the reason i ask is due to the potential engine heat putting at risk returning the RPM to a liquid, therefore risking the liquifies RPM running down and off of the carb

i think i recall that you guys used it on the exhaust of the car which obvioulsy would get hotter than the carb would, but i would think the car hasnt been run for long periods of time either so it may not be a good point of reference

i just want to keep the carb from getting that aged oxidized look without having to maintain its finish periodically

thank you
tony

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. [Re: TONY_DAGOSTINO] #783092
08/01/11 06:32 PM
08/01/11 06:32 PM
www.mmcdetroit.com
MMC Detroit Offline
super stock
MMC Detroit  Offline
super stock

www.mmcdetroit.com
Great question

MMC/ ICCA Detroit. The Motor City or where ever there is Mopars
Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. [Re: TONY_DAGOSTINO] #783093
08/02/11 10:03 PM
08/02/11 10:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Tom,

beautiful pics!!

i have an RPM question.

the reason i ask is due to the potential engine heat putting at risk returning the RPM to a liquid, therefore risking the liquifies RPM running down and off of the carb

i think i recall that you guys used it on the exhaust of the car which obvioulsy would get hotter than the carb would, but i would think the car hasnt been run for long periods of time either so it may not be a good point of reference

i just want to keep the carb from getting that aged oxidized look without having to maintain its finish periodically

thank you
tony

Hi Tony,

Great question.

The exhaust you mentioned we used RPM on is the Valiant pictured above. It's used on the NOS head pipe and it has seen quite a bit of heat in fact, I have seen the temperature gauge almost at full operating temp. when moving the car around. I know the slant 6 isn't a fire breather but I have looked at the pipe on the lift after it has been run and the pipe's plenty hot and there is no sign of it running off once heat is applied. You can see from the picture that the pipe still retains an original look after a year. We have found that with heat RPM goes through a curing process.

I think RPM has merit in this situation. Steve's aluminum wheels are doing well after a year of driving. Have you tried RPM on other components? You didn't say if this is a show Car or a driver. We might get some input from the judging types on this thread on how this would go in the judging arena. comments? - input?

We saw 102 degrees today in St. Louis - stay cool out there.

Tom

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. #783094
08/02/11 10:25 PM
08/02/11 10:25 PM
DELAWARE
TONY_DAGOSTINO Offline
master
TONY_DAGOSTINO  Offline
master

DELAWARE
hi Tom

thanks for the great answer,

believe it or not the application that id like to use this on has absolutely zero to do with judging, isnt that great!

to be totally candid its for a 32 ford with a 392 hemi thats dual quad equipped. im putting a pair of old carter AFBs on it and i know RPM works great in countless other applications and was just wondering what your thoughts were on them preserving the aluminum on the carbs, i think ill go for it, thank you!

its nice to build, or restore in this case, an old hot rod where there are no judging guidelines, my only restrictions are trying to keep it as old school as possible since my uncle has owned the car since the early 1950s (until i bought it from him a couple of years ago) when he originally hot rodded it.

thanks again
tony

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. #783095
08/03/11 01:03 AM
08/03/11 01:03 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Tom,

beautiful pics!!

i have an RPM question.

thank you
tony

Hi Tony,

Great question.

The exhaust you mentioned we used RPM on is the Valiant pictured above. It's used on the NOS head pipe and it has seen quite a bit of heat in fact, I have seen the temperature gauge almost at full operating temp. when moving the car around. I know the slant 6 isn't a fire breather but I have looked at the pipe on the lift after it has been run and the pipe's plenty hot and there is no sign of it running off once heat is applied. You can see from the picture that the pipe still retains an original look after a year. We have found that with heat RPM goes through a curing process.

I think RPM has merit in this situation. Steve's aluminum wheels are doing well after a year of driving. Have you tried RPM on other components? You didn't say if this is a show Car or a driver. We might get some input from the judging types on this thread on how this would go in the judging arena. comments? - input?

We saw 102 degrees today in St. Louis - stay cool out there.

Tom

Great! Thanks Tom! Now thats one more thing I gotta put this stuff on. You know how much more work you just created for me?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. [Re: TONY_DAGOSTINO] #783096
08/03/11 02:57 PM
08/03/11 02:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

hi Tom

thanks for the great answer,

believe it or not the application that id like to use this on has absolutely zero to do with judging, isnt that great!

to be totally candid its for a 32 ford with a 392 hemi thats dual quad equipped. im putting a pair of old carter AFBs on it and i know RPM works great in countless other applications and was just wondering what your thoughts were on them preserving the aluminum on the carbs, i think ill go for it, thank you!

its nice to build, or restore in this case, an old hot rod where there are no judging guidelines, my only restrictions are trying to keep it as old school as possible since my uncle has owned the car since the early 1950s (until i bought it from him a couple of years ago) when he originally hot rodded it.

thanks again
tony

Tony,

Now that's a cruiser. I've got a friend that's doing a '29 Desoto and using an old style Hemi. They look cool when the valve covers stick out further than the body. I'm finding many uses for RPM. At the end of the day the metal doesn't know if it's on a #'s matching full tilt restoration or like my latest project for the front porch lights. It's all about protecting the metal from oxidation.

Would love to see a picture of the project when finished.

Tom

Re: OE Gold Valiant Pictures From The Mopar Nationals. #783097
08/04/11 08:32 AM
08/04/11 08:32 AM
San Jose, California
D
DennisH Offline
Vacation
DennisH  Offline
Vacation
D

San Jose, California
Very nice. In that one picture with other cars in it? Those were people who actually drive and enjoy their cars.

Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21