07/20/10 02:30 PM
07/20/10 02:30 PM
Now - Port Orange,Fla. Former...
MIKES_DUSTER Offline OP
master
MIKES_DUSTER  Offline OP
master

Now - Port Orange,Fla. Former...
Whats the difference in these 2 events/classes/functions???

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: MIKES_DUSTER] #753388
07/20/10 03:15 PM
07/20/10 03:15 PM
NY
F
F1Scamp Offline
mopar
F1Scamp  Offline
mopar
F

NY
There isn't huge differences.

Ralph allows more deviations from factory casting number parts, more aftermarket blocks,siamese bores, etc.in Supercars.

Come on out to a FAST race to see what it's all about. I am 50-60% sure I am going to the Mopar Nats, Not sure if Jeff P is coming, Don't know which car Tom C is bringing, but there should be a few smallblock mopars out there.

Work In Progress- 71' Duster F.A.S.T.- 10.36@130 Smallblock Record Holder.
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: F1Scamp] #753389
07/20/10 03:46 PM
07/20/10 03:46 PM
Phila Pa
S
scatpacktom Offline
master
scatpacktom  Offline
master
S

Phila Pa
Basicly one is just a rip off of the other.

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: scatpacktom] #753390
07/20/10 03:59 PM
07/20/10 03:59 PM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
Quote:

Basicly one is just a rip off of the other.

Ouch, Tommy......

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: MIKES_DUSTER] #753391
07/20/10 05:32 PM
07/20/10 05:32 PM
Indy
C
cjfordman Offline
cjfordman  Offline
C

Indy
About 1.1 seconds and 13 mph .

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: cjfordman] #753392
07/20/10 06:22 PM
07/20/10 06:22 PM
Bristol, CT
R
RalphsRapidTrnst Offline
top fuel
RalphsRapidTrnst  Offline
top fuel
R

Bristol, CT
The two classes are similar but have very different intents.

SuperCar offers, a more competitive quick eight field. (Sportmans Ladder in Supercars, Pro Ladder in fast)

SuperCar does not allow the use of bald polyglas tires (ie slick polyglas tires) SuperCar Tire rule: Tire Tech; All the repop tire treads are similar in design, 4-6 deep circular tread grooves with smaller grooves and sipes within those rows. There must be evidence of the original main tread grooves over the whole tire to be legal. Any bald sections or patches where the original main groove disappears and the tire must be replaced.

SuperCars does not allow the use of stand alone traction control. When/if caught using stand alone traction control you will be banned from the series.

SuperCars does not allow the trunk area to be use to house fuel cells, weight distribution/contraptions. Must look factory correct.

SuperCars is structured around the original intent of factory appearing musclecar racing.

Most important (This is HUGE) SuperCar Races gives back to the community. Through our races, merchandise sales, cruiz-ins and other activities we have donated over $3300.00 in the past two years to the Make A Wish foundation.

For a complete run down of rules, records and a complete schedule of events. please visit www.SuperCarRaces.com

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: RalphsRapidTrnst] #753393
07/20/10 07:13 PM
07/20/10 07:13 PM
Indy
C
cjfordman Offline
cjfordman  Offline
C

Indy
I think you need 8 cars to have a quick 8 field

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: RalphsRapidTrnst] #753394
07/20/10 07:35 PM
07/20/10 07:35 PM
N of Detroit
DaveDudek Offline
top fuel
DaveDudek  Offline
top fuel

N of Detroit

I was gonna keep away from this post but i`ll add my . Like everybody else already stated, there are slight differences between the two classes. Unless you have been trapped in a cave you have been reading about FAST cars for 10 years now. If you want to attend a race and see all these cars you’ve been reading about you’ll see them at the FAST races. At Englishtown last year we had 7 cars running in the 10`s and this year the entire quick 8 field will be in the 10`s. I don`t believe the other class has had one single car run 10`s this year? Our rules are way tighter and we have had cars running in the 10.teens at over 137 mph.

*FAST does not allow the BIG INCH MEGA blocks, we only allow factory water blocks. Most of the FAST guy`s like the challenge of building power around limitations. That`s what attracted them to the class to begin with. FAST tear down to keep the cars in check!

*To run in FAST you have to run the intake, heads, manifolds, etc the car left the factory with. The other race will let you run a mega block and a set of heads the car never seen from the factory. F.A.S.T. is keeping it grass roots, from the out-siders point of view more impressive because of the restrictions we face. It keeps the class intriguing and that`s part of the reason even after 10 years we still attract magazine coverage at our races. This year, after 10 years, will be our biggest year..

I`m tired of this "traction control" deal, first off you CAN NOT police against it, the top of the line $5000 units are made *not to be detected or found*. NASCAR and their million of dollars of resources can`t police against it and are constantly fighting this subject. Supercar or FAST, Please..LoL.
Every single traction control system out these basically runs off the ignition system. I`ll offer this up. At the Nats you buy me a MSD6AL we will wire it up and i`ll make a pass with no "traction control", I don`t run traction control so my ET/MPH will be the same. If not i`ll hand you over $500. Once in a while a traction control post comes up here and i`ll PM the guy and tell him what i found, he will write me back a few month later and tell me I was 100% correct. I`ve tried 3 different ETC set-ups and my car was slower with them all.

Dave Dudek
1st Factory Stock legal car in the 10`s!!! [/b]
FAST & Factory Stock Rules: www.fastraces.org

FAST 69 Hemi RR 9.98@139
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: DaveDudek] #753395
07/20/10 09:05 PM
07/20/10 09:05 PM
Westbury, NY
C
cowbay Offline
enthusiast
cowbay  Offline
enthusiast
C

Westbury, NY
I think both series are amazing what people can do with there stock appearing cars. I personally race in the supercar series. The reason being is that Ralph and everyone have treated me quite well. Their events are closer to where I live. Don't get me wrong the 10 second cars are great, but I would never be competitive in FAST. I do not have the finances nor time especially in this economy to build a car like that. For me, my car is street driven 3-5k a year and I like to take it to the track from time to time. Great group, great times and it helps a great cause.

"Alcohol is for drinking, gas is for cleaning parts, and nitro is for racing!" original author unknown, used by Gene Adams and Don Garlits among others
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: cowbay] #753396
07/20/10 10:00 PM
07/20/10 10:00 PM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
The thing I don't get is way Ralph would change the rules just enough to keep some of the F.A.S.T guys away.... From here it looks like some kind of pissing contest......

F.A.S.T is a blast and there are a great bunch of guys doing it .....If I didn't live so far away, I'd have built my car to run in it....

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: cowbay] #753397
07/20/10 10:06 PM
07/20/10 10:06 PM
NY
X
XXHEMI Offline
super stock
XXHEMI  Offline
super stock
X

NY
Quote:

I think both series are amazing what people can do with there stock appearing cars. I personally race in the supercar series. The reason being is that Ralph and everyone have treated me quite well. Their events are closer to where I live. Don't get me wrong the 10 second cars are great, but I would never be competitive in FAST. I do not have the finances nor time especially in this economy to build a car like that. For me, my car is street driven 3-5k a year and I like to take it to the track from time to time. Great group, great times and it helps a great cause.

Cowbay

You hit the nail on the head!
It's all about having fun and being comfortable both glasses have there place for the guy's that want there show cars to tear A$$

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: cowbay] #753398
07/20/10 10:16 PM
07/20/10 10:16 PM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
Quote:

Don't get me wrong the 10 second cars are great, but I would never be competitive in FAST. I do not have the finances nor time especially in this economy to build a car like that. For me, my car is street driven 3-5k a year and I like to take it to the track from time to time. Great group, great times and it helps a great cause.

I won't get into the conflicting personalities. I wish well for all. It's a lot of fun.

It does bother me when I hear people talk about FAST like it's some kind of "elitist" group of guys that have megadollar budgets and the "little guy" has no chance and might somehow feel intimidated and not participate. Farthest from the truth. Trust me, and I have personal knowledge, there are 10 second FAST cars that don't have NASCAR "open checkbook" budgets. Greg, Dave, and Terry have always made everyone feel very welcome at these events and all involved are always available to give advice,lend a hand or just be accomodating.

The people involved with the FAST group are some of the best folks you will ever meet. And the NY guys put on a food spread that rivals ANY racing venue. You really got to take your hat off to these guys.

MB

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: HPMike] #753399
07/20/10 10:31 PM
07/20/10 10:31 PM
NYC
M
MRVCODE Offline
top fuel
MRVCODE  Offline
top fuel
M

NYC
I think both are great for the hobby. I have one legitimate question regarding tires. I would think that cars running in the low 11's and in the 10's would blow through the treads on a set of polyglas pretty quickly, in fact saying bald polyglas are slicks doesn't seem to make sense to me. Other than the FAST class I've never seen race car guys at the track running bald polyglass instead of slicks, just my Secondly wouldn't mega blocks and after market heads be a bigger advantage than a pair of bald polyglass? Again, I'm a neophyte to the racing scene and I do not intend to bust chops, just thinking logically.

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: XXHEMI] #753400
07/20/10 10:36 PM
07/20/10 10:36 PM
Westbury, NY
C
cowbay Offline
enthusiast
cowbay  Offline
enthusiast
C

Westbury, NY
Quote:

You hit the nail on the head!
It's all about having fun and being comfortable both glasses have there place for the guy's that want there show cars to tear A$$

That is what it is all about. I think it is pretty safe to say the reason why we are all into cars here, is that it is a way to take a break from the real world. Even my wife knows that this is my one and only vice.

"Alcohol is for drinking, gas is for cleaning parts, and nitro is for racing!" original author unknown, used by Gene Adams and Don Garlits among others
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: Big Squeeze] #753401
07/20/10 10:41 PM
07/20/10 10:41 PM
N of Detroit
DaveDudek Offline
top fuel
DaveDudek  Offline
top fuel

N of Detroit
At the Mopar Nats you guy's can come over and look at my tires and this topic will be done.

They are the same poly repo tires just worn down, they are not slicks. Am I suppose to buy a new set of tires every event? That's like saying Joe Blow is gonna take the "bald" BF Goodrich radial T/A's off from his 77 Camaro and bolt them on a 7 second 10"inch tire car and run the same. Their both "slicks" LoL...

Dave Dudek

FAST 69 Hemi RR 9.98@139
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: Big Squeeze] #753402
07/20/10 10:43 PM
07/20/10 10:43 PM
under a rock
F
flathood Offline
flathood  Offline
F

under a rock
Quote:

The thing I don't get is way Ralph would change the rules just enough to keep some of the F.A.S.T guys away.... From here it looks like some kind of pissing contest......

F.A.S.T is a blast and there are a great bunch of guys doing it .....If I didn't live so far away, I'd have built my car to run in it....

SUPERCAR rules don't keep the FAST guys away,FAST guys choose not to play in the SUPERCAR sandbox.

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: DaveDudek] #753403
07/20/10 10:46 PM
07/20/10 10:46 PM
NYC
M
MRVCODE Offline
top fuel
MRVCODE  Offline
top fuel
M

NYC
Why not settle this at the Nats? Have a FAST vs SUPERCAR showdown, it would be a great racing fun and a great draw for the show, not to mention quite the grudge match!

Last edited by MRVCODE; 07/20/10 10:46 PM.
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: Big Squeeze] #753404
07/20/10 10:48 PM
07/20/10 10:48 PM
Bristol, CT
R
RalphsRapidTrnst Offline
top fuel
RalphsRapidTrnst  Offline
top fuel
R

Bristol, CT
Quote:

The thing I don't get is way Ralph would change the rules just enough to keep some of the F.A.S.T guys away....

We based the SuperCar ShootOut Series on the way fast started out. "Look Stock, Go Fast". When one of the original group of Factory Appearing MuscleCar Racers, Mike Wowk brought his 1970 Road Runner 440+6BBL to the first event in Norwalk the car looked as it does today. Fast made decision to change there series to allow trunks full of Jegs racing parts, tires that don't pass track tech let alone any dot check. This is the direction they wanted to go, we hope it brings them what ever they are looking for in the direction they are moving.

To answer your question, 85% of the car running in fast should/would pass all SuperCar rules, except traction control and tires. Those MuscleCars were built with the "Look Stock, Go Fast" philosophy. Take a look at the comprehensive tech that SuperCars does to every car that goes through Certification- http://www.supercarraces.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=531 This is done once a car runs 11.69 or quicker, or if an owner chooses to have his car certified at an E/T above 11.69. Certification details- http://supercarraces.com/certified10.html

The SuperCar ShootOut listens to its racers. We put a great deal of thought in our New Cylinder Head rule. We welcome everyone to take a look at what our racers had to say about it in this post http://www.supercarraces.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=413

In our third year we have increased our car count at every event . We offer our racers events that have no out of pocket expence to race in and be a part of.(Free Entry, Camping, and Free Racing: New England Dragway & Carlisle in 2010) We have a great group of sponsor that we use to support ALL of the racers in the series.

Auto Services of Old Saybrook
Compu-Flo
Moparts.com
Carlisle Production
Central CT Coatings
Ultimate Converter Concepts
Tires For Less Pittsburgh PA
North East Restoration and Fabrication
Central CT Autobody
Precision Shaft Technologies
Jack's Autoparts
Jannetty Racing Enterprises
East Coast Motorsports
Custom Wire Sets FireCore50
and countless silent sponsors that give generousley to the series.

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: RalphsRapidTrnst] #753405
07/20/10 10:51 PM
07/20/10 10:51 PM
N of Detroit
DaveDudek Offline
top fuel
DaveDudek  Offline
top fuel

N of Detroit
Hey Ralph, our tire rule has been the exact same for 10 years now....

Dave Dudek

FAST 69 Hemi RR 9.98@139
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: MRVCODE] #753406
07/20/10 10:55 PM
07/20/10 10:55 PM
Indy
C
cjfordman Offline
cjfordman  Offline
C