04/28/10 08:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Darn it, I lost the bet! I thought for sure it would take a couple more weeks before the reproductions began!

No you didn't Jim. I need to have a little talk with Mike about where I stand on this. Nothing has changed!

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681706
04/28/10 08:45 PM
04/28/10 08:45 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Darn it, I lost the bet! I thought for sure it would take a couple more weeks before the reproductions began!

No you didn't Jim. I need to have a little talk with Mike about where I stand on this. Nothing has changed!

Thank you.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681707
04/28/10 08:46 PM
04/28/10 08:46 PM
South Dakota
hotairballoonpilot Offline
master
hotairballoonpilot  Offline
master

South Dakota
You know I am on the fence on this one. On one hand I see where this could go REALLY BAD(IE PEOPLE LIKE FREDDIE E that are out to make millions and not a care who they hurt). On the other hand I would love to have one for my 72 340 duster. I bought that car when I was a junior in high school. I never checked it out except that I checked the dash numbers and they were for a 340. I had to have it and ponied up the 1600 bucks for it. Once I got it home I then found the sheet/parts of it and also found out that it had no v.i.n tag. So for me who never plans on selling it(before you guys bash me yes I know some day I will die and that things can change where I might need to sell it BUT I WILL DO WHAT I CAN TO NOT SELL IT!!!!) I would personally love to have a nice new copy of the sheet and the tag. If only there was a way for people like me that both items COULD BE MARKED AS REPRO'S. That would be great. I am one who would use them as displays at a show. Am I dreaming? Maybe maybe not but who knows what the years will bring? I never thought I would see sheet metal coming out like it has been in the past few years as well as the quality of the repro parts that are made. The only bad thing is that even with these cars being so old it take money to get the 'RIGHTS" to put the stamp on them to make them look right. Remember all the stuff that Layson's went through......

Good luck Mike and Dave on this I hope the end results will be for the good of the WHOLE MARKET BASE and wont be abused in a negative way by people who are out to take advantage of people by selling them a car that is not what it really is or reboding a car ect ect ect. Maybe there is a way that a data base could be kept where ever sheet that is reproed be listed on so that everyone could check it out. Hey they do it with all the 'OTHER" registries why not this subject?

Corey

Last edited by hotairballoonpilot; 04/28/10 08:49 PM.

Contact Me about AMD Prices
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: hotairballoonpilot] #681708
04/28/10 09:27 PM
04/28/10 09:27 PM
Houston, TX
C
Crunchy_Frog Offline
Crunchy_Frog  Offline
C

Houston, TX
I've read through all the crap, and walk away shaking my head. Perhaps it's because I don't own a 71 Hemi cuda vert with all the bells and whistles, an 8 track, and a dictaphone. I am not a collector, just a guy who bought a super bee in 1985 and still have it. I didn't buy it expecting to turn a profit. The word "hobby" seems to be getting kicked around a lot. From what I've seen, there are a few lucky people who have turned their hobby into a successful business, good on ya. Find a niche, offer a quality product at a reasonable price. That's the 'merican dream. Then there are those who buy cars as an investment. They spend $100k on something they hope sell for $200k. I've heard somebody whine (no here, was at a show) about how he can only get $90k for his super bird, poor poor man. These are cars.... whether you buy them to drive or to flip. The biggest complaint about the BCS i have read, is that the perceived value of your ultra-rare CAR will be lowered, or that your ultra-rare flip will no longer be ultra rare. All of there sudden, there are going to be ten thousand fakes, but they now have a build sheet. No, I'll never be invited to that elite club, nor will I ever get the secret handshake. I'm just a guy with 1 of the 3695 '69 auto 383 bee coupes, and yes, I do have the BCS.

Peace

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Crunchy_Frog] #681709
04/28/10 10:08 PM
04/28/10 10:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

No, I'll never be invited to that elite club, nor will I ever get the secret handshake.

Hello John! I am Dave and own a company called ECS Automotive Concepts. First of all I would like to say that people like YOU are the reason that I am privileged to do what I do. I appreciate your humble demeanor but want to let you know that you ARE in fact part of the "elite club". Guys like you actually invented and own the "secret handshake." This hobby has been a foot mat for the "elite" way too long. It belongs to guys just like you, me and the rest of us here!! I am not asking for your business or trying to extend a manipulative, insincere gesture. I simply wanted to let you know that your place in this hobby IS up there with the "Best" because YOU ARE PART of what makes this hobby the "Best"! Take care and enjoy the Cars.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681710
04/29/10 01:17 AM
04/29/10 01:17 AM
Strathroy, Ontario
BS27R1B Offline
master
BS27R1B  Offline
master

Strathroy, Ontario
Now where did they get the documentation for this POS that was built from a copy of some importation registration?

'.. it was long ago and it was far away, and it was so much better than it is today..'
Jim Steinman
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: BS27R1B] #681711
04/29/10 01:22 AM
04/29/10 01:22 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Now where did they get the documentation for this POS that was built from a copy of some importation registration?

Call and ask them.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681712
04/29/10 06:44 AM
04/29/10 06:44 AM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

No, I'll never be invited to that elite club, nor will I ever get the secret handshake.

Hello John! I am Dave and own a company called ECS Automotive Concepts. First of all I would like to say that people like YOU are the reason that I am privileged to do what I do. I appreciate your humble demeanor but want to let you know that you ARE in fact part of the "elite club". Guys like you actually invented and own the "secret handshake." This hobby has been a foot mat for the "elite" way too long. It belongs to guys just like you, me and the rest of us here!! I am not asking for your business or trying to extend a manipulative, insincere gesture. I simply wanted to let you know that your place in this hobby IS up there with the "Best" because YOU ARE PART of what makes this hobby the "Best"! Take care and enjoy the Cars.

You are absolutely 1,000% correct Mr. DW. As owner of B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc. I've been in this hobby since dumping yellow in a diaper, at least it seems that way. For the first 25 years being on the other side of the counter and lived the dream of poor quality, dishonesty, greed and deceit. The whole MOPAR experience felt tainted and somewhat dirty with either trying to buy parts or cars. There definitely was the "good guys and buddy club" with a secret hand shake.

I met Dave Walden about 4 years ago and we hit it off right out of the box. His philosophies in business and life in general run concurrent with mine. This hobby is ALL about guys like you John and no one else period! "That holier than thou" self serving crap is over. There is absolutely nothing I wouldn't do for anyone if I can to help them with their car, if business is generated because of it that's great. The MOPAR hobby is slowly transforming, taking it away from those that have molded the rules to satisfy their own agenda. The hobby is passing them by, there are new sheriffs in town with different philosophies kicking the incumbents in the shin and they don't like. To bad, this hobby is the property of all of us, the average "Joe" that makes up 99% of it.

I must be a complete idiot for having a trusting attitude towards people. Someone please tell me how a perfect copy of a piece of paper that already exists is in anyway dishonest or will hurt anything? Please tell me, I can't see it. Wait a minute, I think I got it, some are questioning the integrity and morality of those that MIGHT to it. I see, what a moron I am, I don't think of people that way as being dishonest until they prove otherwise. An honest person generally trust people, a dishonest person would question the intentions of others right out of the box.

DW is still on the other side of the fence on this one, not because of any morality issues but the cost. Figuring 1-1/2 - 2 hours to produce 1 sheet at a labor cost around $25 per hour, not counting the cost to have the sheets printed and the licensing fees, Dave doesn't think the market will bare the expense. The other tough nut is the verification and logistics of acquiring the information off the sheet without a customer having to send their original, I'm not sure I would do that either.

Lastly, remember this hobby is all about you, the average "Joe" and the next time you come across that 1% all mighty tell them to pound salt, your in the majority and now you know it.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681713
04/29/10 06:49 AM
04/29/10 06:49 AM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Call and ask them.

Since you're not going to tell DW, I will. Dave was approched about that car when it surfaced to produce a sheet for it. He was offered a very substancial amount of money to do so, guess what happened, they didn't get one.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Sssnake383] #681714
04/29/10 07:15 AM
04/29/10 07:15 AM
Florida
C
cataclysm80 Offline
master
cataclysm80  Offline
master
C

Florida
Quote:

Do you think the availability of "reproduction broadcast sheets" undermines the integrity and reputation of those involved with reproducing them?

I'd say NO. I think that a person has a certain amount of integrity and that determines how they do all things in life. Some people have more integrity than others. On the subject of reproduction broadcast sheets, someone with a lot of integrity (if they made them at all) would make only copies, not altered fakes, while someone without much integrity would make whatever was asked of them.

Integrity does not change because of what you are doing, it only affects what you are willing to do and how you do it.

Integrity only changes when there is a moral shift inside of someone. This is not caused by things they do, it is caused by things that happen to them.

Tav

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: BS27R1B] #681715
04/29/10 08:21 AM
04/29/10 08:21 AM
N.E.Ohio
P
pacifica Offline
mopar
pacifica  Offline
mopar
P

N.E.Ohio
Quote:

I am curious, where is this picture/car from?
The reason I ask is there used to be a white hemi cuda convertible locally in the early to mid 1980's [northeast,Ohio] that hung out at the dragstrip [Thompson].
I haven't seen or heard of it in a while and was wondering what happened to it?? Anyone know if there is more than 1 white 71' Cuda soft top?

Also, why is it referenced as a pos[peice of s##t]??? It looks gorgeous from the picture posted!!!!

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: BS27R1B] #681716
04/29/10 08:25 AM
04/29/10 08:25 AM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Quote:

Or the cowl that came off the Indian reservation somewhere around 2002/3.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: pacifica] #681717
04/29/10 08:29 AM
04/29/10 08:29 AM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

I am curious, where is this picture/car from?
The reason I ask is there used to be a white hemi cuda convertible locally in the early to mid 1980's [northeast,Ohio] that hung out at the dragstrip [Thompson].
I haven't seen or heard of it in a while and was wondering what happened to it?? Anyone know if there is more than 1 white 71' Cuda soft top?

Also, why is it referenced as a pos[peice of s##t]??? It looks gorgeous from the picture posted!!!!

The one you are referencing is a 70 not 71, I know the owner of that car. The one posted is suspect at best.

Last edited by HEMICUDA; 04/29/10 08:30 AM.
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: 62maxwgn] #681718
04/29/10 08:43 AM
04/29/10 08:43 AM
It's a dry heat
gtx6970 Online content
Too Many Posts
gtx6970  Online Content
Too Many Posts

It's a dry heat
Quote:

Quote:

Isn't that one purple ?

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: gtx6970] #681719
04/29/10 09:29 AM
04/29/10 09:29 AM
Central,AR
H
hemi_tyme Offline
mopar
hemi_tyme  Offline
mopar
H

Central,AR
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Isn't that one purple ?

Yes!and numbers matching also

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: hemi_tyme] #681720
04/29/10 09:32 AM
04/29/10 09:32 AM
Central,AR
H
hemi_tyme Offline
mopar
hemi_tyme  Offline
mopar
H

Central,AR

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: HEMICUDA] #681721
04/29/10 09:40 AM
04/29/10 09:40 AM
Wisconsin
A
Aero426 Offline
I Live Here
Aero426  Offline
I Live Here
A

Wisconsin
Quote:

I must be a complete idiot for having a trusting attitude towards people. Someone please tell me how a perfect copy of a piece of paper that already exists is in anyway dishonest or will hurt anything? Please tell me, I can't see it.

All I want is the original document. I don't care about the condition. I do not want to see the line blurred 20 years down the road when somehow for whatever reason, the two pieces of paper are separated, and all I wind up with is the "perfect" copy.

In other words, I want to be sure I have the real Declaration of Independence, not the one from the "museum gift shop".

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Aero426] #681722
04/29/10 09:54 AM
04/29/10 09:54 AM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Georgetown Ontario Canada
Quote:

Quote:

I must be a complete idiot for having a trusting attitude towards people. Someone please tell me how a perfect copy of a piece of paper that already exists is in anyway dishonest or will hurt anything? Please tell me, I can't see it.

All I want is the original document. I don't care about the condition. I do not want to see the line blurred 20 years down the road when somehow for whatever reason, the two pieces of paper are separated, and all I wind up with is the "perfect" copy.

In other words, I want to be sure I have the real Declaration of Independence, not the one from the "museum gift shop".

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: hemi_tyme] #681723
04/29/10 09:59 AM
04/29/10 09:59 AM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Isn't that one purple ?

Yes!and numbers matching also

The almighty said it's numbers matching so what's the big deal? I know of a perfect numbers matching rust free Sassy 71 6pak Cuda that had less than that to work with.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: HEMICUDA] #681724
04/29/10 10:54 AM
04/29/10 10:54 AM
SF Bay Area, CA
charger440sixpak Offline
mopar
charger440sixpak  Offline
mopar

SF Bay Area, CA
Broadcast sheets don't defraud people, people defraud people...

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9