04/26/10 10:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Monroney labels have been considered novelties for years....I could care less about your VIN decals..... the cars I am interested in...is not enough to decide what is best for the rest of the hobby...

Wow Jim,
And you consider me to be the "arrogant" one? Do you see a resounding theme of "you" and "I" in everything you convey? Why don't you alter a Monroney label and think about it only being a "novelty" while sitting in a Federal Prison? As I said earlier....did this become a "bad" thing for what it actually is or because YOU are now aware of it? Hmmmmmm and I am the arrogant one....

Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS #680738
04/26/10 10:51 PM
04/26/10 10:51 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
I heard rumors half-dozen years ago about repro sheets but did not know it was you. Now that it is out in the open you are darned right I take exception to what you are doing! I am calling you out right now that you are not a true Mopar guy if you would even consider offering these fake/bogus/trash Broadcast Sheets even to people who just want copies of thier original sheets for protection! It makes no difference why you are doing it, and your ethics are a HUGE reason why you would make these available. True Mopar people will be judging your actions from now on because we now know what your true intentions are! Please go comiserate with your GM buddies and leave us the he11 alone! I am done for the night, please carry on convincing yourself that what you are doing is fair and ethical...

Last edited by Rhinodart; 04/26/10 10:53 PM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS #680739
04/26/10 10:55 PM
04/26/10 10:55 PM
Chicago Blackhawks
H
hemicar1971 Offline
master
hemicar1971  Offline
master
H

Chicago Blackhawks
I said this before that the making of broadcast sheets for our hobby was done along time before Darrel or Dave got involved with them.

Who sets the standards to which the mopar hobby will follow on this issue. Will it be my standards or will it be the majority of peoples standards or will there be any standards or ethic at all.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY
Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS [Re: hemicar1971] #680740
04/26/10 11:00 PM
04/26/10 11:00 PM
Near Reading PA USA
pinkduster Offline
master
pinkduster  Offline
master

Near Reading PA USA
I think a "poll" should be added to this topic.

A. You are with Rhino on this.

B. You are with ECS on this.

Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS [Re: hemicar1971] #680741
04/26/10 11:06 PM
04/26/10 11:06 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Simple test on how to tell an original sheet vs. a reproduction sheet.

You will need an original sheet (or fragment) for this, a reproduction sheet & two drops of water.

In the example shown, the original fragment is from my 1970 Coronet & the full sheet is one Dave provided to me. (Thanks Dave!) Note how after a few seconds the water drop soaked into the one provided by Dave but it stays on top of the original.

I tried this with several original sheets with the same results.

Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS #680742
04/26/10 11:20 PM
04/26/10 11:20 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

It is quite comical how those who constantly chase and desire money, always conclude that it is the ONLY motivating factor for others! Again Jim, I appreciate you telling me my true intentions!

So Dave are you saying that all the products that you offer you sell at a LOSS ???

Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS [Re: Alaskan_TA] #680743
04/26/10 11:31 PM
04/26/10 11:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Simple test on how to tell an original sheet vs. a reproduction sheet.

Barry....you HAVE to get your thoughts away from constant suspicions that we are trying to make reproduction build sheets in order to fool people. I have no problem with you telling the World the variances that you have found as they relate to the "real" ones. As I said before, we are a very successful company built on quality, honesty, service and ethics. I do not care if these things are ever used for anything but kindling paper for the fire place! Every product we manufacture is made to help our customers in one fashion or another. For the ten millionth time for goodness sakes......WE OBTAIN THE PROPER LICENSING FOR ANYTHING WE SELL WITH THE CHRYSLER LOGO! WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO GROUP US WITH THE COUNTERFEITERS AND THOSE WHO HIDE IN THE SHADOWS AND DO THINGS FOR DISHONEST GAIN? They do not go through the proper channels to offer the things they do! THAT is what makes them the "crooks" Barry!

Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS [Re: JohnRR] #680744
04/26/10 11:41 PM
04/26/10 11:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Dave are you saying that all the products that you offer you sell at a LOSS ???

Quite honestly John I would have to answer "YES" to that question for quite a few of our products. Our Sister company (www.ecsvin.com) pays for the development of MANY things that we offer through our Classic product line. I am constantly heckled by our accountant for "borrowing" profits from one to pay for the other. Our Window Stickers cost in the THOUSANDS of dollars to manufacture and we lost anywhere from $45-$50 on everyone we sold. We had to stop making them. We invested thousands of dollars in our Carpeting line and might never break even on the program. There are countless items that we may never be profitable with but I love the industry and it is my passion. Don't get me wrong! We do very well in some areas but if it was left to Howard Rosen (our financial adviser) there would be MANY products discontinued that a lot of you guys have enjoyed putting on your vehicles!

Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS #680745
04/26/10 11:43 PM
04/26/10 11:43 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
I thought you were not talking to me anymore?

If these sheets hits the streets, sooner or later a car seller will try & pass one off as original.

The water test is a simple field test that the potential buyers can use to see if the seller is honest, that is all.

I am timing an original sheet now, 41 minutes & the water drop is still on top.

Personally, if they are not made, there would be no need to scrutinize them. I am hoping that you choose to not make them myself.

Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS [Re: Alaskan_TA] #680746
04/26/10 11:54 PM
04/26/10 11:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I thought you were not talking to me anymore?...
If these sheets hits the streets, sooner or later a car seller will try & pass one off as original.

Barry, You will find that I am quite rationale to talk to when your comments are not filled with sarcasm and negative innuendos. I appreciate any "genuine" comments or questions of concern. Thank you!

I understand your concerns Barry but couldn't that logic apply with anything we sell? We can only do the best we can to ensure that unethical things don't happen. The US treasury has not stopped printing currency because there are a bunch of crooks associated with trying to counterfeit it! Sporting Goods stores still sell Baseball Bats for Sports even though crooks use them to beat people! How reserved should we be in trying to prevent every negative thing that could occur? If I acted on every little thing that the crooks "might" do, I would have to close the business!

Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS #680747
04/27/10 12:08 AM
04/27/10 12:08 AM
North Central USA (MN-WI area)
MuscleMopars Offline
master
MuscleMopars  Offline
master

I have a '69 GTS Big Block 383 console automatic convertible. The car is LOADED with original options. It is one of 39 built in '69. Many of the options can only be found or documented on the broadcast sheet. The rarest option mine came with was the W23 code Kelsey-Hayes "Recall" wheels. This code ONLY shows up on the broadcast sheet (and the window sticker if it was still around). I have the original broadcast sheet for my car and have been told by the GTS registry that the car is definetly 1 of 1 built with those options. I believe that with fake sheets floating around the integrity of my car's actual original broadcast sheet that survived and fully documents a super rare, highly optioned car might come into question. And there will suddenly be more W23 code cars showing up that were never really built. Nothing good will come of reproducing broadcast sheets.

Thanks,
Eric
email eric@musclemopars.com
715-426-HEMI (Shop)
612-669-CARS (Cell and Texts)

Go to my Moparts "Profile" to see my web site
Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS [Re: Rhinodart] #680748
04/27/10 12:11 AM
04/27/10 12:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I could care less about your VIN decals, the cars I am interested in never had them and many of the "documents" you reproduce are not used on these cars.

Quote:

you are darned right I take exception to what you are doing!

Which is it Jim? Like I said earlier; what has actually changed except "YOUR" awareness. These are not for sale. I doubt seriously that it was my reproduction sheets you heard about! And for the record Jim, I am ten thousand times the "MOPAR GUY" that you are and I have the license to prove it!

Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS [Re: MuscleMopars] #680749
04/27/10 12:15 AM
04/27/10 12:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

And there will suddenly be more W23 code cars showing up that were never really built. Nothing good will come or reproducing broadcast sheets.

By all means Eric you should turn in who ever might be responsible for doing something like that and shut them down. I am 100% with you on getting rid of those people who are trying to scam the industry!

Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS #680750
04/27/10 12:21 AM
04/27/10 12:21 AM
MuscleMopars Offline
master
MuscleMopars  Offline
master

Quote:

Quote:

And there will suddenly be more W23 code cars showing up that were never really built. Nothing good will come or reproducing broadcast sheets.

By all means Eric you should personally hunt down who ever might be responsible for doing something like that and shut them down. I am 100% with you on getting rid of those people who are trying to scam the industry!

Then do what I said to do in the last BCS thread, use your knowledge and your unbelievable wisdom as a broadcast sheet maker and become the master fake BCS detector!

Thanks,
Eric
email eric@musclemopars.com
715-426-HEMI (Shop)
612-669-CARS (Cell and Texts)

Go to my Moparts "Profile" to see my web site
Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS [Re: hemicar1971] #680751
04/27/10 01:35 AM
04/27/10 01:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I said this before that the making of broadcast sheets for our hobby was done along time before Darrel or Dave got involved with them.
Who sets the standards to which the mopar hobby will follow on this issue. Will it be my standards or will it be the majority of peoples standards or will there be any standards or ethic at all.

You got that right.

The first time I advertised mine on Ebay 10 years ago one of the first people I heard from was a guy on the east coast that asked if i wanted to buy 1000s of them blank he had printed but couldn't figure out how to print for specific cars.

I have seen original sheets with altered V.I.N. characters and option codes and i have seen other obvious sheets that SOMEONE created long before I was around.

Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS #680752
04/27/10 04:26 AM
04/27/10 04:26 AM
Q
quick77rt Offline
Parts Problem
quick77rt  Offline
Parts Problem
Q

Its good to see all this come out. But at the same time its very sad to see all the self justification.

This might just be the mopar church as this post seems alot like a confessional....first it was none of the sheets would ever be in anothers hands....poof here it is, already one or ? floating around

People can read between the lines here, I, as im sure many others would like to thank some of the posters for another great look into the fradulant world of mopars.

I wonder if the guy who made the first fake fender tag said "Im only doing this for fun"

A picture is worth 1000 words, or a few years in the pen years down the road.

"Hi Mike,
Keep in mind that I would NEVER have even talked to you about this if not for you having the original documentation" PATHETIC!

5949464-OMG.jpg (72 downloads)
Re: A TRUE STORY REPRODUCTION BROADCAST SHEETS [Re: quick77rt ] #680753
04/27/10 05:57 AM
04/27/10 05:57 AM
Northern Indiana
M
mr_belvedere Offline
super gas
mr_belvedere  Offline
super gas
M

Northern Indiana
Dave,

Any chance you could print a pre 1968 sheet from the punch card copy that Chrysler Historical can supply in some cases?

Perhaps it is just my ignorance, but I find the punch cards difficult to decipher/decode. Isn't the punch card the 'master' that broadcast sheets were printed from?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3