09/28/09 09:49 AM
09/28/09 09:49 AM
the frozen wastes...
Pale_Roader Offline OP
Swears too much
Pale_Roader  Offline OP
Swears too much

the frozen wastes...
I'm not gonna lie, i hate whats become ov drag racing. I'll NEVER race my car on a track the way things are now. I check out the 'street legals' every now and then, pay my $5 to watch and cruise the pits, but i just end up checking out other combos when the hoods are up and stealing ideas. Occasionally something goes down the track that interests me, sadly, lately its been an import more often than not, at least some ov them are getting faster and trickier... while so many musclecars just seem to get more expensive.

BUT... F.A.S.T.... that concept drives me mad. Rael cars, built by people who know how to build good combos, out ov 'junk' in some cases, who know how to tune every 100th out ov a car... the closest thing to (legal) PURE hot rodding in decades... Even better, the spartan nature ov these cars, brings out the stripper cars, the factory beasts, the dog-dishes and painted rims... Car shows dont have as many badass looking rides. This is throwback racing! I LOVE that tricky [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]...

And its all thousands ov miles away. Why doesn't F.A.S.T. come to the West, the North West specifically? What would it take to see F.A.S.T. racing in Mission Raceway Park...???

Re: Why wont F.A.S.T. come West...??? [Re: Pale_Roader] #482280
09/28/09 10:08 AM
09/28/09 10:08 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Maybe if you set up and can host the race , it's a far drive from the OTHER coast .

Or they don't like your misspelling of the word "OF"

Re: Why wont F.A.S.T. come West...??? [Re: Pale_Roader] #482281
09/28/09 10:13 AM
09/28/09 10:13 AM
The Swamp
S
Sixpak Offline
master
Sixpak  Offline
master
S

The Swamp
Are there any guys out there building those cars?

The West has always been a haven for the Nitro cars, whereas Division 1 and the Northeast has always been a haven for Stock and Super Stock more so than the nitro cars. I compare FAST to Stock and Super Stock, because to me, the FAST cars are just as scienced out, and I'm sure, can be just as expensive as any good Stocker or Super Stocker.

Maybe if more guys out West would start building and racing them then the guys back East would have a reason to tow out that way.

Re: Why wont F.A.S.T. come West...??? [Re: Sixpak] #482282
09/28/09 10:38 AM
09/28/09 10:38 AM
the frozen wastes...
Pale_Roader Offline OP
Swears too much
Pale_Roader  Offline OP
Swears too much

the frozen wastes...
I'm just figuring for guys out here to build them. I wouldn't assume there is enough money in it to tow 3000 miles for a F.A.S.T. race, but i could be wrong.

There are a few factory appearing musclecars out here, more do it to fool the collector plate inspectors than for a certain class though. There is interest in it, i'm sure if you went around to the clubs you'd find it. But no one is gonna build a car that costs that much money for a race that doesn't yet exist.

Damn i'd love to see that here.

Re: Why wont F.A.S.T. come West...??? [Re: Pale_Roader] #482283
09/28/09 11:35 AM
09/28/09 11:35 AM
Minnesota
Hemi_Joel Offline
master
Hemi_Joel  Offline
master

Minnesota
I am glad to hear of you interest in FAST racing, I share your enthusiasm!
Initially, FAST racing was trying to stick to IHRA tracks and avoid NHRA tracks because the NHRA required a roll bar at 12.0 seconds and the IHRA was at 11.50. All the tracks out West were NHRA, so there was no push for the intial growth in that area. That is no longer an issue, because NHRA relaxed its rules to match IHRA, and the faster FAST cars now have the required saftey equipment.

F.A.S.T. has done events outside of the Northeast and Midwest, such as Kansas City, St. Louis, Atlanta. Unfortunately, the turnout was not too strong. It seems to be a catch 22. Can't have events out west because there is not enuff cars; cars not being built because of no events close by.

I think FAST racing could flourish in the west. Start small, with events piggybacked onto some other events. A regional coordinator would need to be selected for the west, as the current FAST board members live in MI, IN, NJ.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"
Re: Why wont F.A.S.T. come West...??? [Re: Pale_Roader] #482284
09/28/09 12:11 PM
09/28/09 12:11 PM
Minnesota
Hemi_Joel Offline
master
Hemi_Joel  Offline
master

Minnesota
Quote:

I'm just figuring for guys out here to build them. I wouldn't assume there is enough money in it to tow 3000 miles for a F.A.S.T. race, but i could be wrong.

As of yet, there is NO money in it. The racers are in it for the love of the cars, for fun, to hang out with other racers who think the same way they do about these cars.