09/06/10 07:54 AM
Boston Ma
Hamtramck Offline
mopar
Hamtramck  Offline
mopar

Boston Ma
Quote:

"We're still finishing the restos we have for the people with financial difficulties, once they can afford to resume. And, we're keeping the quick paying customers who have a need for multiple restorations. We might also take new customers if they are referred by our repeat customers."

So basically unless we're from Brazil and know the right people (your customers) we're ---- out of luck?

This is the same company who came on here saying we'll do this we'll do that just try us out and see how good we are?

How things change.....

69 roadrunner conv. 4spd B5/X9
Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: hotairballoonpilot] #481535
09/06/10 10:18 AM
09/06/10 10:18 AM
Pennsylvania
A
A0M397X Offline
mopar
A0M397X  Offline
mopar
A

Pennsylvania
Quote:

ok I guess I think I follow were you are going with this. Interested what others take on this.

My take reading these last comments is based on experience. Salesman in every business never tell the truth. When they say things are great, more business than we can handle, they usually are in finicial trouble and fold the tent in short order. I can't tell you how many times I have heard this line just before the end. I haven't a clue where this guy is at, but don't be surprised.

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: Hamtramck] #481536
09/06/10 11:20 AM
09/06/10 11:20 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

"We're still finishing the restos we have for the people with financial difficulties, once they can afford to resume. And, we're keeping the quick paying customers who have a need for multiple restorations. We might also take new customers if they are referred by our repeat customers."

Quote:

So basically unless we're from Brazil and know the right people (your customers) we're ---- out of luck?

This is the same company who came on here saying we'll do this we'll do that just try us out and see how good we are?

How things change.....

It's very tough doing restorations, noboddy said it was easy.

It's even tougher to get paid nowadays.

And then have customers change there minds about things.

Then have customers supply aftermarket parts, they want you to engineer to work on your car is very tough to say the least.

All this is very tough, if it was so easy everybody would be doing it.

Give the guy a break, he lost Hubert who must of done most of the body work. Good luck to you Tim.

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: A0M397X] #481537
09/06/10 03:22 PM
09/06/10 03:22 PM
Long Island, NY
70plymA34 Offline
super stock
70plymA34  Offline
super stock

Long Island, NY
Quote:

Quote:

ok I guess I think I follow were you are going with this. Interested what others take on this.

My take reading these last comments is based on experience. Salesman in every business never tell the truth. When they say things are great, more business than we can handle, they usually are in finicial trouble and fold the tent in short order. I can't tell you how many times I have heard this line just before the end. I haven't a clue where this guy is at, but don't be surprised.

I really hope thats not the case and most of all it better not happen with my car still there!!!!!

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: 70plymA34] #481538
09/06/10 11:14 PM
09/06/10 11:14 PM
South Dakota
hotairballoonpilot Offline
master
hotairballoonpilot  Offline
master

South Dakota
My feelings from the time Tim you came on here saying that you would have aset price that that was the wrong thing. To many variables in my book to set a price. That is why we have been doing an excell program and logging the work we do. We don't use a time clock and I know that there are hours/minutes that don't get logged but that is just the nature of the business and that we don't add hours either just to cya. We are honest with the local guys we are doing the work for and they are happy with that. We don't send out bills just make sure that the customer comes in and we keep them informed on the amount of the bill and they pay accordingly. I know that the posts about you going down are i hope just people thinking out loud and NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS WISH THAT ON YOU! I know that for my shop we are very comfortable with the work load we have. If we had more then we would have to hire more people and with todays market not worth it to hire someone to fill a postition in hope that you will need them for along time then take a chance that in 6months to a year they are let go. I hope that is where you guys are at and that you are using your heads and looking not just 6 months but years ahead. To me that is the sign of a good solid business.

Good luck and I hope all turns out for the best for you.

Contact Me about AMD Prices
Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: Hamtramck] #481539
09/09/10 07:16 PM
09/09/10 07:16 PM
Roswell, GA - near Atlanta
cloneguy Offline OP
super street
cloneguy  Offline OP
super street

Quote:

Quote:

How things change.....

All, I don't understand why everything has to turn into such a big deal on here.

The simple facts are as follows:

1) We have done very well with a lot of the credit to go to people from right here on Moparts. In fact well enough that our offer to everyone IS off of the table.
2) We are a small shop. We have had good customers and bad. As stated in the begining, we have no interest in expanding.
3) We've made a decision not to take any new customers without a reference from those who we know and trust because WE DON'T NEED TO.
4) Like any business, we are not obligated to work for anyone. Likewise, no customer is obligated to patronize us.

In the beginning, we would have worked on anyone's car and done our best to satisfy them.

Some people are not satisfied no matter what. Others blow their money on stupid things and run out in the middle of the job keeping us from finishing. We no longer wish to to work with people who fall into those categories because WE DON'T HAVE TO.

It is wrong for all of this BS to be traded back and forth on Mike's thread. He has been a fine customer and, while we've had some rework and overruns, I have no doubt that he will be 100% satisfied.

I don't know about everything posted and quoted above but the fool who wrote it is most certainly "out of luck" and, we are not interested in having him as a customer. One final time, WE DON'T HAVE TO. We would have in the beginning when we offered our services to everyone. Now, we won't. What is so hard to understand?

Bringing the thread back to where it never should have left, we scratched Mike's fender while reassembling the car the second time and we have to repaint it. It's our fault and he isn't being charged for it. It will be done shortly.

If anyone wants to debate the issue of us not accepting any new customers, please open a new thread as I won't darken Mike's thread any further with off topic arguments.

When the job is done, Mike will make his own truthful comments. He is in no way obliged to give us a good review nor is he estopped from giving us a bad one.

Martin, GA Quality Auto Restoration with Fair FIXED Pricing. Fast-N-Dangerous@comcast.net
Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: A0M397X] #481540
09/09/10 07:29 PM
09/09/10 07:29 PM
cloneguy Offline OP
super street
cloneguy  Offline OP
super street

Quote:

Quote:

Just to be clear, I'm not a salesman and we are not closing the doors to everyone, just the ones we don't want to work with.

We own the shop, the land under it and all of our tools. I personally own several six pack and hemi Mopars.

In my experience, people who are in financial trouble take in as many jobs as they can get in order to rip people off - that's the exact opposite of what we are doing.

I challenge you to find anyone who's job we haven't finished and who was not 100% satisfied, excluding the few who ran out of money and could not afford to have their jobs finished.

We only had three guys to start with and we were right up front about that. Now there are only two of us and I personally can't do paint and body. Does it sound like we should be taking on more work or be able to do it faster now?

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: cloneguy] #481541
09/09/10 08:09 PM
09/09/10 08:09 PM
South Dakota
master
master

South Dakota
sorry to open a can of worms on this thread. Good luck!

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: hotairballoonpilot] #481542
09/09/10 11:34 PM
09/09/10 11:34 PM
Long Island, NY
70plymA34 Offline
super stock
70plymA34  Offline
super stock

Long Island, NY
Tim is right. Once they are done with my car and I have it back in my possession again, I will do a write-up of this whole experience.

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: 70plymA34] #481543
10/08/10 02:02 PM
10/08/10 02:02 PM
Long Island, NY
70plymA34 Offline
super stock
70plymA34  Offline
super stock

Long Island, NY
Last week I took a trip down south to see my Cuda. The car looks great. There is a couple of odds and ends that have to be fixed.(nothing major). When I have a chance I will post some pics. Thank you to all that have followed this thread and most of all thank you for your patience. Like I stated previously, there are no more speculations as to when this is going to be done. Check up on this thread weekly.

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: 70plymA34] #481544
10/08/10 04:56 PM
10/08/10 04:56 PM
Long Island, NY
shakerjoe Offline
master
shakerjoe  Offline
master

Long Island, NY
Mike - good to hear that all seems to be coming to fruition - even if a little late for both parties involved and more than a few nerves getting a twist - happens in big projects sometimes - missed you the last few outings - Tommy has been keeping me informed - looking forward to the finished product - hang in there buddy - Joe

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: shakerjoe] #481545
10/10/10 12:49 PM
10/10/10 12:49 PM
South Dakota
master
master

South Dakota
beat allan to it.

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: 70plymA34] #481546
11/06/10 01:03 AM
11/06/10 01:03 AM
Buffalo, NY U.S.A.
MrNormsTA Offline
master
MrNormsTA  Offline
master

Buffalo, NY U.S.A.
Quote:

Last week I took a trip down south to see my Cuda. The car looks great. There is a couple of odds and ends that have to be fixed.(nothing major). When I have a chance I will post some pics. Thank you to all that have followed this thread and most of all thank you for your patience. Like I stated previously, there are no more speculations as to when this is going to be done. Check up on this thread weekly.

Any updates, would love to see some pics.

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: MrNormsTA] #481547
11/06/10 11:21 AM
11/06/10 11:21 AM
South Dakota
master
master

South Dakota
yeah been wondering about this too. any news tim?

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: hotairballoonpilot] #481548
11/08/10 07:06 PM
11/08/10 07:06 PM
Illinois
S
SteveA Offline
enthusiast
SteveA  Offline
enthusiast
S

Illinois

Steve
Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: SteveA] #481549
11/09/10 06:55 PM
11/09/10 06:55 PM
Long Island, NY
70plymA34 Offline
super stock
70plymA34  Offline
super stock

Long Island, NY
I did say I was going to post some pics of my Cuda. I have decided not to. Since this is AMCR's restoration, they should promote this car with their own pics of the recent work.

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: 70plymA34] #481550
11/09/10 07:00 PM
11/09/10 07:00 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

I did say I was going to post some pics of my Cuda. I have decided not to. Since this is AMCR's restoration, they should promote this car with their own pics of the recent work.

Is it done yet?? Do you have the car yet???

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: 70plymA34] #481551
11/09/10 07:34 PM
11/09/10 07:34 PM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Georgetown Ontario Canada
Quote:

Ouch....What happened there ?
Reguardless of who posts updated photos, we're all curious as heck to see the finished product....how close is it ? ....

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: 70plymA34] #481552
11/09/10 07:37 PM
11/09/10 07:37 PM
JERSEY
RJS Offline
master
RJS  Offline
master

JERSEY
Quote:

WOW!!! That's an odd response??????

Re: American Muscle Car Revolution Resto Job as Promise [Re: RJS] #481553
11/09/10 10:41 PM
11/09/10 10:41 PM
At a gas station near you
B
badblack68 Offline
master
badblack68  Offline
master
B

At a gas station near you
Seems to me that human nature is show off when your happy with something so others can share in your joy and happiness. Sounds to me like someone here isn't too happy or they would be bragging by either showing pictures or talking about their expirience... Leads me to believe the old saying that if you don't have anything nice to say it's better to say nothing at all.

Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24