09/15/09 03:35 PM
09/15/09 03:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh i'm sorry i forgot i was on Moparts where eveyone thinks they know everything about everything...and anyone that disagrees is wrong..NOT!!!

Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? #468750
09/15/09 03:36 PM
09/15/09 03:36 PM
Renton Washington
T
Triple Threat Offline
master
Triple Threat  Offline
master
T

Renton Washington
Quote:

Oh i'm sorry i forgot i was on Moparts where eveyone thinks they know everything about everything...and anyone that disagrees is wrong..NOT!!!

How many track or division championships do you have to your credit?

-Dustin
67 Dart, 9 second, 392" G3 Hemi
68 Barracuda 340 F/SA
Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? [Re: Triple Threat] #468751
09/15/09 04:05 PM
09/15/09 04:05 PM
Wisconsin
G
Garceau Offline
pro stock
Garceau  Offline
pro stock
G

Wisconsin
340s rule

first pay close attention I never referred to you in a poor way, as yuo did by calling me a nimrod. However I pretty much baited you into it and KNEW you would resort to elementary antics. I said your statement was moronic.

- wow....you obviously have no real concept of bracket racing and Im certain have had no sucess in doing it.

EVERY high dollar (as in for a living) bracket racer I know, carries numbers in their pocket and ALWAYS drives the finish line to win.

Back to the redlight rule....again I can see merits both ways.

So let me ask....if we had started with the "worst redlight rule" and now wanted to initiate the current practice. Would we go for it?

Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? [Re: Garceau] #468752
09/15/09 04:15 PM
09/15/09 04:15 PM
Wisconsin
G
Garceau Offline
pro stock
Garceau  Offline
pro stock
G

Wisconsin
340s rule...please go post your idea of cheating on any of the dedicated bracket racing websites. I will love to watch this circus.

Please post a link when you do. Im assuming you wont....so prove me wrong.

Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? #468753
09/15/09 05:30 PM
09/15/09 05:30 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio
Quote:

Lifting is one thing slamming your brakes on is another..and quite a few of the guys i race with consider it cheating...what you would do to me at my track??...maybe losing??...

you didnt say slamming on the brakes, you said using the brakes, there is a huge difference, you said brake lights, not slamming on the brakes, you said in other posts that using the brakes is cheating, you need to keep your comments straight.

what would i do at your track? well since you have that lame duck mentality of, dial true never lift, i'd follow you up, put a tenth in my pocket, cut a decent/safe light and then play with you top end, because i could.
since i know you are going balls out and that you dont lift or hit the brakes i'll have a tenth to play with, I can make that up down track, catch you, push you out, dumping at the line... or put a fender on you and dump on you at the line.
I'd know if i caught you early that i was running fast, so i'd be ready to dump you as i'm pushing you out, if i cant catch you then i know i'm running off and i'll just push you out thinking you could be running fast, KNOWING YOU WONT LIFT, I'll expect you to break out becuase you obviously dont understand the concept of get there first without going faster then what you dialed.
then when you bought back in, I'd follow you up again and do it all over...

if you dont know how to play top end, youre a sitting duck a majority of the time.

you said about how you cant even voice your opinion if it doesnt match what others think, the problem is that youre voicing your opinion and stating something that isnt a rule, (the only thing said about brakes at the line is, no excessive braking, which is COMMON SENSE) using brakes isnt considering cheating by the majority here, hell, by everyone here except you, and when youre called out on it asking, Just to explain it, you change it saying, oh no i mean this... well thats not what you said. i'll race you in my street car, and i'll be all over my ABS brakes, Youll know i stood on it, but i didnt skid, I didnt lock them up, I just scrubbed off ET and put you on the trailer.

, just ask the people that you know are good bracket racers here on this site, Larry? Lonnie? Pat Norton? Bob George? since youre so fond of Pinks, then ask some of the winners of Pinks that are on this board, would they lift when racing handicapped? is that intelligent racing or is it cheating?

Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? [Re: Garceau] #468754
09/15/09 07:05 PM
09/15/09 07:05 PM
Petersburg, Va
D
Darrell Offline
top fuel
Darrell  Offline
top fuel
D

Petersburg, Va
Quote:

Ol Steve Taylor is still able to ruffle some feathers I see.

You don't know how maney nights Steve talked to me about this, but to tell you the truth, I would like to try it out for 1 season.

Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? [Re: Darrell] #468755
09/15/09 07:11 PM
09/15/09 07:11 PM
Sophia, NC
67valiant340 Offline
super street
67valiant340  Offline
super street

Sophia, NC
Or at just ONE race or at ONE track. But selling parts is the name of the game. $$$

5484680-DSCF7013.JPG (37 downloads)
Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? [Re: B3422W5] #468756
09/15/09 07:25 PM
09/15/09 07:25 PM
Alexandria, LA
B
Blucuda413 Offline
master
Blucuda413  Offline
master
B

Alexandria, LA
B3, I don't understand your statement at all. The reason to make the change is to give everyone that races an even opportunity to win.

Now I can see how the faster guys in footbrake might get unnerved by watching the tree go down slowly before he can launch. But that is the situation now, he just doesn't have to worry about the round if the slower guy redlites first.

However in the fast bracket ranks, Super Pro, Top Sportsman, Top Dragster they all release the button at the same time. There would absolutely no difference to his capability to win than it is now.

It's all about fairness and equal opportunity.

Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? [Re: Blucuda413] #468757
09/15/09 07:34 PM
09/15/09 07:34 PM
Wisconsin
G
Garceau Offline
pro stock
Garceau  Offline
pro stock
G

Wisconsin
So I will ask again...maybe it should be a seperate poll.

If we started off when bracket racing was conceived with the worst red light rule. Now someone asked if we wanted to go to the first red light rule.

Would we switch?

Darrell...I drove from Wisconsin to MMP to race a B&M race and ol ST was jabbering about it to me there.

Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? [Re: B3422W5] #468758
09/15/09 07:36 PM
09/15/09 07:36 PM
Wisconsin
G
Garceau Offline
pro stock
Garceau  Offline
pro stock
G

Wisconsin
Quote:

Quote:

Unbelievable, I just cannot understand why anyone would be against correcting a rule that places slower racers at a disadvantage everytime he stages against a faster car. It's just pure logic that says the faster cars have an advantage with that rule. I can definitely understand why the fast guys do not want the rule changed.

I have always been a supporter of this change and in discussions with NHRA several years ago provided them with results of a Monte Carlo simulation which proved without a doubt that the faster car has the advantage. They just wouldn't listen.

HERE'S HOPING IT FINALLY GETS CHANGED!!!!

Here is hoping it doesnt

Not a single good thing could be said for making that change.. High performance makers would sell less because everybody could live with a 13 second car, there would be no reason to spend money in the economy building roll cages, buying trick heads, etc, etc, etc.

Oh, and the 28 fans in the stands at a bracket race watching 7 and 8 and 9 second cars..expect that to be about 5 fans, watching 13 and 15 second cars lumber down the track

I dont know how this subject could possibly have even come up

Nobody is making anyone build a faster car now. Its their choice. I dont think it would hurt any parts houses, but I do think it would increase car counts.

Spectators? They arent in the stands to watch Top Sportsman either. So whats the difference? They dont come to watch fast bracket cars, so no change there.

Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? [Re: Garceau] #468759
09/15/09 08:05 PM
09/15/09 08:05 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

If we started off when bracket racing was conceived with the worst red light rule. Now someone asked if we wanted to go to the first red light rule.

Would we switch?

Kevin, when I started racing at US 30 back in the '70's, if both cars went red you were both out. Same with break-outs. If you broke out when your opponent went red you were out too. If both cars redlit/broke out in the final both got second place money.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? [Re: slantzilla] #468760
09/15/09 08:09 PM
09/15/09 08:09 PM
Wisconsin
G
Garceau Offline
pro stock
Garceau  Offline
pro stock
G

Wisconsin
My dad was many time champion at US30.... before 70 though

Re: IHRA red light revision in the future? [Re: slantzilla] #468761
09/16/09 01:12 AM
09/16/09 01:12 AM
Newport, Mi
Evil Spirit Offline
master
Evil Spirit  Offline
master

Newport, Mi
Quote:

Quote:

Would we switch?

Kevin, when I started racing at US 30 back in the '70's, if both cars went red you were both out. Same with break-outs. If you broke out when your opponent went red you were out too. If both cars redlit/broke out in the final both got second place money.

Exactly - and the people that would put up dial-ins that were slower than they could run were labeled "Sandbaggers" and run off, too. That's where the term "Sandbagger" started - putting sandbags or other ballast in for time runs, then dumping it for eliminations. Used to be taboo, now it's okay because everybody does it. Racing seems to have went in other directions than other sports. It's still considered cheating in other handicap sports (league bowling, golf, etc) to sandbag, but ok to brake dump in racing. A batter that gets caught looking back at the catcher to see where the next pitch is coming gets tossed, but it's ok to use a delay box to leave off the other lanes tree. So I can't see people agreeing on the red light rule - too many different agendas.

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........
Page 2 of 2 1 2