Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: Dragula] #2337304
07/15/17 12:07 PM
07/15/17 12:07 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
IMO the aftermarket has been very serious for brand X for over 30 years now. Are you just now noticing?

I built a 632 donovan block with pontiac big chief heads on it back in 1992 that made 1200 hp injected on alky. Then had a serious N2O system on it.

There was no way to go that fast with 440 stuff then just like now.

I did switch back to mopar when I went with a brad billet hemis.

Not trying to make the small block guys mad but, after those motors above the 340 I built most recently is like a go cart engine power wise.

I've built some serious motors.

Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: Challenger 1] #2337312
07/15/17 12:29 PM
07/15/17 12:29 PM
Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Dragula Offline OP
I Live Here
Dragula  Offline OP
I Live Here

Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
While I am not over 60, I for one would like to see some further interest from the younger folks in the Mopars...Seems like very little interest these days from the younger folks...

And power adder cars are not running 9's anymore, they are running low 8's and faster....

"street" cars with power adders are running 9's with all factory parts at full weight.....

I would like to see the aftermarket get behind the G3 and BBM's and continue to progress. I want to see 700hp NA G3's and 1k NA BBM as a standard with options available...Just like the heads for them, and all the different options available, progress needs to continue.

I think the $7k blocks will price many of us out.....Unless we generate some real volume and help get the prices down. Eventually, like Hemi blocks, we will run out of regular production 440's and so on.....My friends and I certainly go thru a lot of parts each year...It would be nice to be able to make a phone call and get what we need instead of what we do go thru to get the parts...

Its "cool" to be different.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7chioaCT3Pw

Last edited by Dragula; 07/15/17 12:33 PM.

'70 Cuda,...605 EFI Hemi Street Car (6.20 best pass, 1.33 60ft)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYw6RA-k5Bk (6.25 at 108.75mph from inside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQEb9uxFng (6.25 at 108mph from outside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCvfzsC4NgM (9.9)

'66 Barracuda AWB Stretched nose Blown 440 Car in build stage

'71 Duster Drag Car 400 Low Deck 512 best 6.002 at 115.44mph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znuo3jMUXTk
Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: Dragula] #2337320
07/15/17 12:55 PM
07/15/17 12:55 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
I would like to see the aftermarket get behind the G3 and BBM's and continue to progress. I want to see 700hp NA G3's and 1k NA BBM as a standard with options available...Just like the heads for them, and all the different options available, progress needs to continue.

How can you get the aftermarket interested when every mopar vendor that produces MOPAR parts gets bashed on one of the biggest Mopar websites??? Never gonna happen.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: Dragula] #2337325
07/15/17 01:07 PM
07/15/17 01:07 PM
So. Burlington, Vt.
F
fast68plymouth Offline
I Live Here
fast68plymouth  Offline
I Live Here
F

So. Burlington, Vt.
Quote:
How can you get the aftermarket interested when every mopar vendor that produces MOPAR parts gets bashed on one of the biggest Mopar websites??? Never gonna happen.

How much influence do the people posting here have on the decisions you make when you're buying parts for one of your own builds?

For myself...... It's pretty close to 0%.

I like to make up my own mind about the parts I use.
If some new head comes out, or new offering from a carb supplier, pistons, intake manifolds, etc...... I'll probably read the posts pertaining to the part in question....... But aside from an extremely high failure rate...... There is really very little that could be said to keep me from trying something if I thought it would do what I wanted it to.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads
Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: Dragula] #2337343
07/15/17 02:03 PM
07/15/17 02:03 PM
Suffolk County, New York
1mean340 Offline
enthusiast
1mean340  Offline
enthusiast

Suffolk County, New York
1000hp small block or big block mopar builds were a niche market to begin with, and I'd imagine it's getting even smaller with guys jumping ship to gen3.

Looking for a 1000hp capable block for cheap? How about a whole fully assembled short block for under 4K?
http://www.modernmusclextreme.com/p-215-hellcat-62l-hemi-short-block-68262362aa.aspx

Guys are pushing their hellcats to 1000rwhp on that stock short block so I'd imagine 1000hp at the crank wouldn't be so risky (assuming you're using a turbo or blower, not spinning it to 9k N/A).

This is the way I wish I went with my car. I couldn't afford to drop 2500-3k on an unmachined R block then pay another 3-4k for a rotating assembly and machine work so now my stock LA block is my limiting factor and i'm afraid to push it over 650hp. Doing the math on it, I think I could have done the late model hemi for close to the same cost and I would have had a far superior power plant, not only in its ability to make and handle power but in drivability as well.

Last edited by 1mean340; 07/15/17 02:04 PM.
Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: fast68plymouth] #2337355
07/15/17 02:21 PM
07/15/17 02:21 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Quote:

How much influence do the people posting here have on the decisions you make when you're buying parts for one of your own builds?

If some new head comes out, or new offering from a carb supplier, pistons, intake manifolds, etc...... I'll probably read the posts pertaining to the part in question....... But aside from an extremely high failure rate...... There is really very little that could be said to keep me from trying something if I thought it would do what I wanted it to.

Google is a powerful tool in today's world as we are not all old school and use it as a research tool and negative reports do come up and they do affect businesses

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: fast68plymouth] #2337360
07/15/17 02:26 PM
07/15/17 02:26 PM
Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Dragula Offline OP
I Live Here
Dragula  Offline OP
I Live Here

Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Quote:

Forums are for good and bad...opinions are not all one sided that's why we call it a discussion. If products we use are constantly being discontinued due to lack of volume, my opinion of it is irrelevant.

Bought a $1300 sV1...you might want to know what I thought of it, is it negative to discuss the tune it came with is way off?

Bought a G3 Dominator...same issue...am I not allowed to say anything because out if the box it wasn't even close?

Last edited by Dragula; 07/15/17 02:31 PM.

'70 Cuda,...605 EFI Hemi Street Car (6.20 best pass, 1.33 60ft)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYw6RA-k5Bk (6.25 at 108.75mph from inside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQEb9uxFng (6.25 at 108mph from outside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCvfzsC4NgM (9.9)

'66 Barracuda AWB Stretched nose Blown 440 Car in build stage

'71 Duster Drag Car 400 Low Deck 512 best 6.002 at 115.44mph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znuo3jMUXTk
Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: Dragula] #2337380
07/15/17 02:52 PM
07/15/17 02:52 PM
So. Burlington, Vt.
F
fast68plymouth Offline
I Live Here
fast68plymouth  Offline
I Live Here
F

So. Burlington, Vt.
There's nothing wrong with discussion.

My point was........ If I wanted to try a SV1 or a new Gen3 Dominator...... I would just do it and make up my own mind........ And there wouldn't be much of anything I read on the Net that would keep me from doing that.

The argument that all new products for Mopars get bashed here, and that's why nothing new is coming out doesn't carry much water for me.

If you find the right niche, and build a quality part to fill it..... It will sell well, and get mostly positive reviews...... Even here on Moparts.

Case in point....... Trick Flow heads.

I have zero idea on how the sales numbers actually stack up...... But if I had to guess, I'd say they sold more TF Mopar heads in the last 18 months than they have sold new B1 heads in the last 5 years.
And the TF head competes in a segment where there is plenty of competition.

The flip side is....... There are plenty of negative reviews for just about any brand x part you can think of. Just find the busiest web site pertaining to that brand, and you'll find it's the same story there as here.
Whatever it is......... Someone loves it...... Others hate it.
Whether its camshafts, cylinder heads, fast food chains, car manufacturers, cola flavored soda....... It's all the same.

Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: Dragula] #2337419
07/15/17 04:15 PM
07/15/17 04:15 PM
Trumbauersville PA
ric3xrt Offline
pro stock
ric3xrt  Offline
pro stock

Trumbauersville PA
Originally Posted By Dragula
While I am not over 60, I for one would like to see some further interest from the younger folks in the Mopars...Seems like very little interest these days from the younger folks...

Its "cool" to be different.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7chioaCT3Pw

90s Chrysler company is mostly to blame for this, IMHO.
Most of my buddies from that time period were in to Mustangs and Camaro's because they were rear wheel drive, what did Ma Mopar offer in rear wheel...the Dakota and Ram, great if you wanted to beat up a Lighting or 454 truck. there was the Viper...but what real life struggling family is going to buy a viper. Neon...yeah that really got the masses interested in the performance.
We as people tend to follow in our parents foot steps, Brand Loyalty accounts for about half on new car buyers , the other half is image and reliability...lets face it unless you were loyal to ma Mopar thru the bad years , Chrysler chassed away a lot of it's then new customers mid 80s thru early 2000s
The 545 trans didn't help the light duty truck market either.

Last edited by ric3xrt; 07/15/17 04:16 PM.

Truth has no agenda, but those with an agenda make their own truth.
Some of us are so open minded they only see their View

Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: fast68plymouth] #2337421
07/15/17 04:16 PM
07/15/17 04:16 PM
Mesa, AZ
B
Bill_T Offline
mopar
Bill_T  Offline
mopar
B

Mesa, AZ
Quote:

Well, I have spent more than a little over the years based not insignificantly on your posts.

If the delivery times on "The Block" get down to under a month I might be in the market. It sure would be nice if they were closer to 3K than 4 though....

This space not for rent.
Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: Dragula] #2337434
07/15/17 04:37 PM
07/15/17 04:37 PM
So. Burlington, Vt.
F
fast68plymouth Offline
I Live Here
fast68plymouth  Offline
I Live Here
F

So. Burlington, Vt.
Quote:
Well, I have spent more than a little over the years based not insignificantly on your posts.

I appreciate the vote of confidence up

But I really don't consider myself as the "last word" on anything....... Except the things that I'm buying for myself(or i suppose a customer build as well).

For any car site with similar traffic and membership to this one, I have no doubt there are plenty of guys like myself with what I'll call "informed opinions" to share, where people put some faith in what they have to say.

Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: ric3xrt] #2337528
07/15/17 07:37 PM
07/15/17 07:37 PM
Thigh-Gap Junction
@
@#$%&*! Offline
New user name, Same old jerk!
@#$%&*!  Offline
New user name, Same old jerk!
@

Thigh-Gap Junction
I have 3 older on-topic cars to play with but when I show up at the track I think I'm just another old guy with old cars. Where is a younger person gonna get a Demon or Barracuda to play with these days? What's available cheap is usually too much of a project and driveable cars of that sort are kinda expensive. Chrysler made nothing for coming up generations 'cept the throw-away FWD cars. I did sell my Dart Sport to a kid not too long ago for a LOT of $100 bills. Hopefully, he won't put an LS in it. runaway

Originally Posted By ric3xrt

90s Chrysler company is mostly to blame for this, IMHO.

Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: fast68plymouth] #2337590
07/15/17 10:12 PM
07/15/17 10:12 PM
Mopar Country, Mi
ccdave Offline
The Ultimate
ccdave  Offline
The Ultimate

Mopar Country, Mi
[quote=fast68plymouth]There's nothing wrong with discussion

The argument that all new products for Mopars get bashed here, and that's why nothing new is coming out doesn't carry much water for me.

If old Mopar guys really think the Mopar Parts division cares about what is said on this website than it's time for hell to freeze over. The bottom line is FCA Is for sale. The last thing they are concerned with is a bunch of 50 something year old guys complainining about what's available for what truly is .00000000000001% of the market.
The other thing that is truly amazing is when guys like Dave Hughes, Brandon from 440 Source or anyone who thinks outside the box for that matter comes up with something new or different they are immediately jumped on by several on this website.

Hopfully the Gen 3 Mopar crowd can unite and support the aftermarket and the shops that build up the engines.

Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: Dragula] #2337712
07/16/17 11:37 AM
07/16/17 11:37 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
I don't do power adder deal for my stuff period. And still want 1000+hp. Leave the choices few and far between. Also leaves all the little things to be done. Cant just but some bits and pieces and "throw" them together. There is enough BBC stuff out there that you could piece together a bad combo and not worry about the details and still make 1000+, that to ne is the biggest difference between the two.

383man you are by far in the majority of what I see at most Mopar shows. Guys just want to have fun and be at the track racing. And they are perfectly happy there and there is nothing wrong with that at all. It is obviously what drives the market..

As for any commentary here on products and their possible influence on the market. I think some here think this place is the be all and end all of the Mopar world. I would say it is VERY VERY far from that. This place is but a VERY SMALL portion of the Mopar community, very very small really. Especially amongst the racing community. Most work hard and don't have the time to spend hashing crap over on an internet forum, I have time as I retired for the most part at 47, six years ago. To think that Moparts has a big impact on any aftermarket development of parts is well in my mind arrogant. As for people basing ANYTHING, I think you will find people are very quick to criticize and complain about anything and a lot more hesitant to compliment or shower praise on any business. We fight it all the time..One person with an axe to grind will continue on their rant and diatribe to no end if they feel they were wronged, whether they were or just perceive they were. I personally take all reviews with a grain of salt, to many years on business I suppose..

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: ccdave] #2337717
07/16/17 11:47 AM
07/16/17 11:47 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
being in my mid 60's, i'm like 383man. i still think of the 62-3 &4's as new cars. and getting my charger in '70, well, it WAS new [almost]. i really like the new, super powerful stuff of today, including the hell cat and demon, plus the availability of the aftermarket parts that can produce [in the right combination] 1000+hp. but with my age comes severe health problems that take up a fair share of my limited income, so i have resigned myself to the fact i will never be "there" in either respect mentioned previously. with that being said, i need an engine for my 33 dodge humpback panel truck, and i also need an engine "refresh" for my charger. if, and when, the time comes for either of those, i have performance goals that i truly believe each must obtain just because of the "look" of each. at that time, i will trust this board with recommendations, and possibly try to purchase a long or short block for a very good price i can afford, rather than build one from scratch. my best friend always says : "our hour glass is fast running out of sand". it won't be a new conversion, rather an "old school", carbed combo combination that "may" meet my goals at the weight of each vehicle.
beer

Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: Dragula] #2338725
07/17/17 11:31 PM
07/17/17 11:31 PM
Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
I did want to that I dont hate the newer stuff at all as its just not what I really love in this hobby. And I understand the manufactors have to build cars with power adders today or they just cant compete. There is no way a N/A car can compete with a boosted car on fair terms. I felt that Mopar had to super or turbocharge the Challenger to be competitive with the new Mustangs and Camaro's with their power adders. Take a N/A new Hemi Challenger and it runs in the 12's. Take the supercharged Hellcat and it will run high 10's stock on a good tire. In the 60's and 70's it seemed no muscle cars had power adders as the technology was not what it is today and I grew up loving bigblock N/A muscle cars and they all had their own look to them. But with the technology of today they can run the power adders and give them a warranty which makes the new boosted cars very fast. And its not that I dont like the Pro cars of NHRA its just that they all look the same and even Pro Stock has gone that way which makes the class less interesting to me. Thats some of the reasons I love what I grew up with in the 60's and 70's but I am glad to see the new fast Mopars as thats what technology has done and its great but I still love the older muscle cars the most. Ron

Re: Brand X after market world is very serious these days....Vid [Re: Dragula] #2339156
07/18/17 03:52 PM
07/18/17 03:52 PM
Martinsville, IN
C
cdwmotorsports Offline
pro stock
cdwmotorsports  Offline
pro stock
C

Martinsville, IN
I turned 43 less than a month ago and I love my 451" Demon but it gets harder and harder to find time, money and desire to work on it. The engine has been in the garage for almost a year ready to go back in yet it is still there. More and more tempting to unload it and move on.

eBay-cdwmotorsports
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3