Print Thread
Turn signal Switch!!! #2297097
05/01/17 01:16 PM
05/01/17 01:16 PM
A
abc440 Offline OP
abc440  Offline OP
A

I have a 71 charger. Drove it yesterday, got home noticed no brake lights. The turn signals work on rear, running lights work rear, all marker lights, and dome light works. I checked brake light switch and it is working with test light. Also checked plug in trunk with test light and everything checked ok except brake lights. According to other posts I am leaning toward turn signal switch. How big of job is this and any directions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Turn signal Switch!!! [Re: abc440] #2297125
05/01/17 01:50 PM
05/01/17 01:50 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
make sure the hazard light switch is off then seperate the dangling TS/brake harness under the steering column & on the col half of the pull apart connector and with the stalk in neutral there should be continuity between the "in" wire from the brake light pedal switch (might be white) and the (2) "out" wires for the brake/TS large filaments in the rear bulbs. www.mymopar.com will have the colors for you. grab your meter. EDIT since you have rear turn signals functioning that tells you that from the connectors behind the DR kick panel from there rearward you are fine & that the prob is upstream from that point. MORE EDIT then (if needed) see if you have continuity from the (2) respective brake light wires in the body half of the dangling connector to the (2) respective brake light wires in the connector half behind the kick panel

Last edited by RapidRobert; 05/01/17 08:39 PM. Reason: bored

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth