Moparts

Turn signal Switch!!!

Posted By: abc440

Turn signal Switch!!! - 05/01/17 05:16 PM

I have a 71 charger. Drove it yesterday, got home noticed no brake lights. The turn signals work on rear, running lights work rear, all marker lights, and dome light works. I checked brake light switch and it is working with test light. Also checked plug in trunk with test light and everything checked ok except brake lights. According to other posts I am leaning toward turn signal switch. How big of job is this and any directions would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Turn signal Switch!!! - 05/01/17 05:50 PM

make sure the hazard light switch is off then seperate the dangling TS/brake harness under the steering column & on the col half of the pull apart connector and with the stalk in neutral there should be continuity between the "in" wire from the brake light pedal switch (might be white) and the (2) "out" wires for the brake/TS large filaments in the rear bulbs. www.mymopar.com will have the colors for you. grab your meter. EDIT since you have rear turn signals functioning that tells you that from the connectors behind the DR kick panel from there rearward you are fine & that the prob is upstream from that point. MORE EDIT then (if needed) see if you have continuity from the (2) respective brake light wires in the body half of the dangling connector to the (2) respective brake light wires in the connector half behind the kick panel
© 2024 Moparts Forums