02/06/09 09:19 PM
02/06/09 09:19 PM
Reno, Nevada
NV69B7RR Offline
master
NV69B7RR  Offline
master

Reno, Nevada
Great post! All the BS going on is really becoming a turn off. This Mopar hobby takes all types to keep it alive. Whether it be restoring, racing, restomodding, or selling parts we all have ot do our part to keep this hobby thriving. It has never been better to own a Mopar in terms or repop parts that are available now that we only dreamed of a few short years ago. So cheers, and heres to a great new year!

Re: Why some people restore cars [Re: Paul Jacobs] #213572
02/06/09 09:20 PM
02/06/09 09:20 PM
In the 8's
FY1TA Offline
top fuel
FY1TA  Offline
top fuel

In the 8's
Quote:

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who fails to post so as not to get into a pissing match either. You know, I have been fortunate and honored to win 3 OE golds in a row and 2 best of shows, but guess what? I would have NEVER been able to do it without the knowledge and help of my friends on this board (Gary Plesinger, Scott Smith, [Email]Mike@Alltrim[/Email], Dave Walden, Mike Ross, and many others!!!)and most importantly my partner Troy Angelly and our crew, including my dad who got me into this in the first place. There is no better collection of knowledge than here so we better realize that before a lot of people go away and never return. Ken-I love that idea-after all we are only a couple hours away! I'll talk to ya at the Indy swap meet. Oh and I think Veek might be taking his Bee to Carlisle-cant wait to see all those 6bbl cars again!!!

Gee you make me feel all fuzzy inside .
Get off the computer and get your [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean] to work . Indy is coming soon .

Re: Why some people restore cars [Re: FY1TA] #213573
02/06/09 09:32 PM
02/06/09 09:32 PM
INDIANA
P
Paul Jacobs Offline OP
super stock
Paul Jacobs  Offline OP
super stock
P

INDIANA

Glad to hear from all of you!
You know it struck me the other day, If I was traveling anywhere in the US, I could call one of my mopar buddies and would have a warm place to stay should I need it, and vice-versa if any of them needed a place to stay. Thats the best part about this hobby-the people. Hope to see you all in Indy. (I'll get back to work now Gary )

Re: Why some people restore cars [Re: Paul Jacobs] #213574
02/07/09 08:22 AM
02/07/09 08:22 AM
Canuckville
68Cbarge Offline
master
68Cbarge  Offline
master

Canuckville

'68 Newport Custom Barge on a Budget!! BOAB
1973 Satellite WAGON! 318- 3 on the tree!!
2008 Chrysler 300c HEMI!
Re: Why some people restore cars [Re: 68Cbarge] #213575
02/07/09 09:25 AM
02/07/09 09:25 AM
PA
70HemiGTX Offline
top fuel
70HemiGTX  Offline
top fuel

PA
I look at it this way. Why do some people play softball in the summer? Why do some watch movies? Why do some people go camping? Why do people do what they do? Because they LIKE IT. What one person likes another most certainly may not like. That's what makes us all different. (Some VERY different.)

I don't have a problem with what anyone does with a car that they own. It is theirs. It is like their house. If they want to paint it pink, green, blue, orange, or what ever, most places they can do that. It is your personal statement.

Re: Why some people restore cars [Re: 70HemiGTX] #213576
02/07/09 01:24 PM
02/07/09 01:24 PM
Fairfield, Ohio
holtzdog55 Offline
mopar
holtzdog55  Offline
mopar

Fairfield, Ohio
I don't have a problem with what anyone does with a car that they own. It is theirs. It is like their house. If they want to paint it pink, green, blue, orange, or what ever, most places they can do that. It is your personal statement.

And if you don't like the way someone has done their ride.....it's sometimes better to be kind and to just say nothing and move on....

Finally Done....BEERS!!!
Re: Why some people restore cars [Re: SomeCarGuy] #213577
02/07/09 03:21 PM
02/07/09 03:21 PM
Wisconsin
A
Aero426 Offline
I Live Here
Aero426  Offline
I Live Here
A

Wisconsin
Quote:

There has been more than a few business owners over the years that strangly mix it up with potential customers. I have never figured that out.

Members differ on what a restoration is and that tends to lead to some conflict.

The recent vendor cage matches were an excellent example of individuals perhaps not seeing the big picture and not knowing when to step away from the keyboard for a while. Most of us looking on are not personal friends of the vendor base, so it is easy for the audience to develop an opinion (possibly inaccurate) of a vendor based on the perceived ego and emotion that comes through. The endless rubuttals back and forth of the smallest criticisms of an item or context statement get old. It's like Pee Wee Herman saying, "I know you are but what am I?"

Re: Why some people restore cars [Re: Aero426] #213578
02/08/09 02:24 PM
02/08/09 02:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

There has been more than a few business owners over the years that strangly mix it up with potential customers. I have never figured that out.

Members differ on what a restoration is and that tends to lead to some conflict.

The recent vendor cage matches were an excellent example of individuals perhaps not seeing the big picture and not knowing when to step away from the keyboard for a while. Most of us looking on are not personal friends of the vendor base, so it is easy for the audience to develop an opinion (possibly inaccurate) of a vendor based on the perceived ego and emotion that comes through. The endless rubuttals back and forth of the smallest criticisms of an item or context statement get old. It's like Pee Wee Herman saying, "I know you are but what am I?"

Very well said.

Re: Why some people restore cars #213579
02/08/09 06:48 PM
02/08/09 06:48 PM
Mattituck NY.
FJ6AAR Offline
pro stock
FJ6AAR  Offline
pro stock

Mattituck NY.
The bickering in the recent weeks is definitely a low point in the history of this great site. I don't post much but like many others I spend a few hours a day reading Moparts. It became a way of life for me since I registered years ago. I subscribe to the said mag and have dealt with the vendor (and will be dealing again real soon when my car is painted this year) They both provide me with necessities I need and enjoy. I can relate to the few on this site who don't drive their cars. When my car is finished it will never be driven as long as I own it. Why? Because that is my enjoyment. I like to sit and look at and admire my car and just imagine what is was like being able to walk into a dealership and see these things when they were brand new. I was born in 1967, so I missed the boat. My uncle always had a Chevelle and that is what got me into muscle cars. I never owned a GM product which is weird but I just naturally liked all the Mopars. Anyway, the last time I posted about not driving my car when it is finished I received three PM's from members here telling me that it was such a waste and I should just sell it - well too bad, that is the way I want it. People need to start respecting other people's interest in the hobby. It really is nobody's business but the owner of the car. If you don't like the idea - move on but don't PM the person trying to change their view to yours. Anyway, Carlisle will be here before we know it. It can't come quick enough for me. Rob

1970 Hemi 'Cuda hard top clone

1971 Hemi 'Cuda Convertible clone

Re: Why some people restore cars [Re: FJ6AAR] #213580
02/08/09 08:47 PM
02/08/09 08:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

The bickering in the recent weeks is definitely a low point in the history of this great site. I don't post much but like many others I spend a few hours a day reading Moparts. It became a way of life for me since I registered years ago. I subscribe to the said mag and have dealt with the vendor (and will be dealing again real soon when my car is painted this year) They both provide me with necessities I need and enjoy. I can relate to the few on this site who don't drive their cars. When my car is finished it will never be driven as long as I own it. Why? Because that is my enjoyment. I like to sit and look at and admire my car and just imagine what is was like being able to walk into a dealership and see these things when they were brand new. I was born in 1967, so I missed the boat. My uncle always had a Chevelle and that is what got me into muscle cars. I never owned a GM product which is weird but I just naturally liked all the Mopars. Anyway, the last time I posted about not driving my car when it is finished I received three PM's from members here telling me that it was such a waste and I should just sell it - well too bad, that is the way I want it. People need to start respecting other people's interest in the hobby. It really is nobody's business but the owner of the car. If you don't like the idea - move on but don't PM the person trying to change their view to yours. Anyway, Carlisle will be here before we know it. It can't come quick enough for me. Rob

While I personally drive my cars often, it is everyones own business what they do with THEIR car.

What some of these guys fail to realize is, that if some people didn't put these old cars away years ago or limit the driving severly, we would not have any survivors to refer to for original examples.

To each his own.

Re: Why some people restore cars [Re: NV69B7RR] #213581
02/09/09 01:11 AM
02/09/09 01:11 AM
Oklahoma
G
gregok Offline
super stock
gregok  Offline
super stock
G

Oklahoma
I lurk here much more than I post but felt I had to kick in my two cents. I bought (in boxes) a 70 Road Runner in 1997 and I just turned 58. I couldn't afford the muscle cars back in my younger days so I envy you who have had mopars for decades. I could only dream of owning one. So I'm a late comer into restoring a mopar and I will admit I have great appreciation for anyone who restores and saves a piece of automotive history. It has been websites like this one that has given me not only some how-to infomation but also the motivation to restore the car. So as we see members or newbies ask basic or odd questions, have some patience. You just never know what impact/influence you may have, could be good or bad. There is no dumb question except the one not asked. Cheers to those of you who helped me along the way.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3