01/21/09 09:34 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
also for their (NHRA)'s latest move read this:

http://www.competitionplus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8981&Itemid=6

HEIL NHRA............my way or no way

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: BobR] #199288
01/21/09 09:37 PM
01/21/09 09:37 PM
Fredericksburg Va
P
plycuda Offline
mopar
plycuda  Offline
mopar
P

Fredericksburg Va

Quote:

Quote:

Of the 8 tracks I raced at last year, all but two were NHRA or IHRA sanctioned. The two that weren't both had ambulances and paramedics on site.

And the track's janitor cuts you out of the vehicle with a hack saw in say-24 hours. Paramedics know how to save lives but probably don't know much about extracting injured drivers out of race cars. I'll take the NHRA any time over any of them. They are in business to make money. Why is that such a strange notion?

one of the tracks here went to nhra now Ihra and the only thing I seen change was with the license you need to run. Didn't nhra change that they don't cover anything if it's not a nhra santioned event.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: Quicktree] #199289
01/21/09 10:16 PM
01/21/09 10:16 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

"why are you discussing TF tires?"

Because of Goodyear's commitment to the T/F tires they have been granted the rights to the P/S tire which is a much more profitable venture. What they could do is tell M/T or any of them that if they want to be an NHRA tire supplier they should have to do ALL THE TIRES not just the cream puffs. They wouldn't know where to begin.

sorry Bob but tires or anything else the NHRA does not buy shouldn't be any of their business. next they will be telling you what motor parts you have to run. and the list will go on.

I see your point Tony and if goes any further I will agree with you. The tire deal is this simple. Without Goodyear there would be no T/F racing at it's current level. No other tire company wants anything to do with T/F.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: 5537SG] #199290
01/21/09 10:23 PM
01/21/09 10:23 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Bob,

its a strange notion because 1) NHRA is a "not for profit" organization and..
2) its an organization that was formed and supposed to support the racers, not support itself.

Theyve lost touch with reality and each move takes them further and further away from it. Theres a line in the Mickey Thompson release that says something to the effect...

“Eliminating the NHRA from our schedule will allow us to focus our attention and resources on faster growing segments of the drag racing community."

that says alot.

http://www.competitionplus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8981&Itemid=6

Jeff,

I'm not defending any NHRA practices other than the Goodyear exclusive tire rights and only for the reason I explained. M/T knows that there will be a lot of their tires run on NHRA tracks. We run M/T's exclusively and every track we race on is NHRA sanctioned. M/T is out nothing by pulling out.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #199291
01/21/09 10:25 PM
01/21/09 10:25 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

"In an ongoing effort to assist in curtailing escalating costs associated with the operation of professional nitromethane category vehicles (Top Fuel and Funny Car), NHRA has implemented the following testing limitations for the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series season."

Something wrong with this move?

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: BobR] #199292
01/21/09 10:42 PM
01/21/09 10:42 PM
Ontario
5537SG Offline
super gas
5537SG  Offline
super gas

Ontario
although what you quoted attempts to disguise the ugliness of its policy; reading further brings you to this part I dont care for:

NHRA’s definition of testing includes, but is not limited to, any run or attempted run conducted at any track whatsoever, whether or not it is an NHRA track or NHRA-sanctioned track. Exhibitions, match racing, licensing attempts, and the like, are considered testing and will be subject to this testing policy.

although it wont affect me, I certainly dont like any organization telling people what to do on their own time. Thats a dictatorship and its a dictatorship thats slowly enslaving those that want to drag race.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: BobR] #199293
01/21/09 10:43 PM
01/21/09 10:43 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

The problem was both MT and Hoosier were working on a tire for PS. MT was informed from a customer that read it on NHRA's web site that their tire was no longer legal for PS. Maybe a would have been nice.

Note to self: buy some hacksaw blades.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: BobR] #199294
01/21/09 10:44 PM
01/21/09 10:44 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

"In an ongoing effort to assist in curtailing escalating costs associated with the operation of professional nitromethane category vehicles (Top Fuel and Funny Car), NHRA has implemented the following testing limitations for the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series season."

Something wrong with this move?

Yes there is when they tell you, YOU cant match race,
they dont own the company

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #199295
01/21/09 11:19 PM
01/21/09 11:19 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

Yes there is when they tell you, YOU cant match race,
they dont own the company

It states that was implemented after talks with some of the major teams. I'd guess that Force would want limited testing when he gets 4 hits at the track to everyone else's one or two.

I do have to wonder how they can enforce it. What's stopping a team like Schumacher from renting US41 during the week when no one is around? 41 will hold a fuel car and is out where Christ lost his overshoes.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: 5537SG] #199296
01/22/09 12:14 AM
01/22/09 12:14 AM
SE Michigan
TS3303 Offline
top fuel
TS3303  Offline
top fuel

SE Michigan
Quote:

NHRA’s definition of testing includes, but is not limited to, any run or attempted run conducted at any track whatsoever, whether or not it is an NHRA track or NHRA-sanctioned track. Exhibitions, match racing, licensing attempts, and the like, are considered testing and will be subject to this testing policy.

and the hidden agenda! no more NHRA teams running IHRA anymore, THAT would be considered testing! Which would exclude guys like Dan Wilkerson from running IHRA FC (if they have it) as that is Tim's team.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: TS3303] #199297
01/22/09 12:17 AM
01/22/09 12:17 AM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

Quote:

and the hidden agenda! no more NHRA teams running IHRA anymore, THAT would be considered testing! Which would exclude guys like Dan Wilkerson from running IHRA FC (if they have it) as that is Tim's team.

No fuel or alky F/C in IHRA anymore.

It would affect guys like Clay Millican.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: slantzilla] #199298
01/22/09 12:40 AM
01/22/09 12:40 AM
Madison Wi
NTOLERANCE Offline
master
NTOLERANCE  Offline
master

Madison Wi
Coming soon the the NHRA..... the DOT

(dragster of tomorrow)

All powered by a GM SBC crate engine, powerglide and ford 9" rear end......

Official NHRA "Stickers" will be 19.99 each. Stickers are available in Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Olsmobile, Dodge, and.....wait for it....Toyota scripts. This will allow racers to "run the car of their choice"

Glad my NHRA membership ran out during CLintons first term.

Oh, and to comment seriously....as a former Goodyear employee...I can assure you, once goodyear has paid for the mold that makes a tire, weather its a street tire or T/F slick, everything after that is profit. Yeah they have to pay someone to remove the tires form the mold and such, but, whats a T/F tire cost? Alot more than the $29.99 tires for a Ford festiva. This came from Goodyear execs.

I used to care but....... things have changed
Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: 5537SG] #199299
01/22/09 12:43 AM
01/22/09 12:43 AM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

although what you quoted attempts to disguise the ugliness of its policy; reading further brings you to this part I dont care for:

although it wont affect me, I certainly dont like any organization telling people what to do on their own time. Thats a dictatorship and its a dictatorship thats slowly enslaving those that want to drag race.

I agree that this is a little overstepping.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: BobR] #199300
01/22/09 02:47 AM
01/22/09 02:47 AM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio
Quote:

Paramedics know how to save lives but probably don't know much about extracting injured drivers out of race cars

paramedics are trained on how to extract injured people from wrecked vehicles, (so are basic responders and EMT's).
each incident that a paramedic comes to, either on the street or at a track, the basics of taking someone out of that vehicle are the same.

you think because lets say a dragster wrecks they wouldnt know? you call for the equipment it shows, you cut bars and they come out the same as if it was a passenger sedan on main st.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: plasticfantastic] #199301
01/22/09 03:33 AM
01/22/09 03:33 AM
Cleveland
sunroofgtx Offline
I Live Here
sunroofgtx  Offline
I Live Here

Cleveland
Thats true, except the track medics have more training. Nitro and race fuel safety, fire system tech., extracting from a rail or any roll cage system is different than cutting A, B, or C pillars. Race car accidents leave drivers more prone to higher speed injuries. More careful to neck and back possible injuries.

They (NHRA), HAVE to be aware their numbers are really going to start shrinking. Both racers and spectators IMHO.

Join the quickest team in motorsports. Team FireCore. CustomWiresets.com
Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: BobR] #199302
01/22/09 07:52 AM
01/22/09 07:52 AM
The Grand State of Confusion-O...
SKR8PN Offline
master
SKR8PN  Offline
master

The Grand State of Confusion-O...
Quote:

Quote:

I agree that this is a little overstepping.

Ya THINK???

Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve.
Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: 5537SG] #199303
01/22/09 07:56 AM
01/22/09 07:56 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

that was my point about the tires. pretty soon they will have spec cars like nascar. oops they already do. it's just a show now.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: Quicktree] #199304
01/22/09 10:09 AM
01/22/09 10:09 AM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
IMHO competition among suppliers is a good thing regardless of the product. Goodyear can charge what they want for the tires now. I hope NHRA is not painting their selfs into a corner.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: justinp61] #199305
01/22/09 10:28 AM
01/22/09 10:28 AM
new jersey usa
11secdart Offline
master
11secdart  Offline
master

new jersey usa
Its very simple, Goodyear use our tires or else, And the big wigs of NHRA go along with it, Kind of like the kid in the playground who takes his ball home when he can`t play. What kind of decisions do you expect from the head of an association making over $700gs a year? Its all about the $$$ for him and his cronies.

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV
Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: plasticfantastic] #199306
01/22/09 10:33 AM
01/22/09 10:33 AM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

Paramedics know how to save lives but probably don't know much about extracting injured drivers out of race cars

paramedics are trained on how to extract injured people from wrecked vehicles, (so are basic responders and EMT's).
each incident that a paramedic comes to, either on the street or at a track, the basics of taking someone out of that vehicle are the same.

you think because lets say a dragster wrecks they wouldnt know? you call for the equipment it shows, you cut bars and they come out the same as if it was a passenger sedan on main st.

Probably don't have the same equipment as the Safety Safari has right on hand. I would rather crash at an NHRA race than anywhere else.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4