09/03/15 01:29 AM
09/03/15 01:29 AM
Rogue River, OR
Jeremiah Offline
master
Jeremiah  Offline
master

Rogue River, OR
I lost my place in the dyno line because I don't have my Big Shot kit. An no responses to email or calls.

I see an email came through. Thank you for the heads up.

I'm back in love.

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905467
09/03/15 02:02 AM
09/03/15 02:02 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline OP
master
Monte_Smith  Offline OP
master
M

North Alabama
I just looked and I had no emails from you Jeremiah. If I missed a call I apologize, I get about 50 a day. I usually don't answer when I am working or I get NOTHING done and try to get them later in the day. But I get so many, that I sometimes overlook one if it is back a page or two......Plus I lost my phone and have a new smart phone and I myself don't seem smart enough to use the damn thing........LOL!!! Knew I should have stuck with my trusty Blackberry

I sent your plate about 2 weeks ago, just assumed you had it and all was good. I was notified by the place that ships my stuff today, that your package was lost. Like I said, I am building you another and should be done tomorrow or Friday and will go out Friday or Monday

Also, I am NOT saying you didn't send an email either, I am just saying there is not one on my computer.......but, an here is another story. I have had two companies try and get viruses and some crap off my computer, because they something was "compromised", can't remember what they called it. Even had one come online live and my shop computer STILL has a mind of it's own. Shuts on and off whenever it feels like.......it's possessed and a computer guy, I am NOT........LOL!!! I have "sent" emails in my folder, that shows they went out, but guys swear they didn't get it or they get it a week later. I have had email show up as "new" that have a month old date......so I don't know whats up with it. It's an old Windows 7 deal and as you can tell, I am reluctant to change........LOL!! Hate to buy a new one and have to figure out all the new crap. Did I mention I wasn't tech saavy. Guess I need to hire a 10 year old

Maybe they said it was my IPO was in danger.......that sound right? Because when I told them I would just buy a new computer, they said that wouldn't solve the issue......that make sense?

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 09/03/15 02:24 AM.
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905471
09/03/15 02:06 AM
09/03/15 02:06 AM
North Central, Indiana
Roughbird72 Offline
pro stock
Roughbird72  Offline
pro stock

North Central, Indiana
Very Nice work!

72 Plymouth Roadrunner 11.08@123.25
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: WadeMetzinger] #1905473
09/03/15 02:10 AM
09/03/15 02:10 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline OP
master
Monte_Smith  Offline OP
master
M

North Alabama
Originally Posted By WadeMetzinger
Beautiful! Thank you Monte!
Powder coat guy had to redo it 3 times to get something presentable, or at least that I was happy with. Have had no luck with local guys and have tried several. That's why I was "dammit" when you said you wanted me to have it done.......LOL!!!

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 09/03/15 02:12 AM.
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905495
09/03/15 02:53 AM
09/03/15 02:53 AM
Blue Ridge, VA
Plumb Wired Offline
master
Plumb Wired  Offline
master

Blue Ridge, VA
Looking at the thickness of the mounting flanges is that one of the few tall deck B1 intakes in existence?

RIP Monte Smith

aka: OutlawFish
'98 Bickel Dodge Dakota PST
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Plumb Wired] #1905500
09/03/15 03:00 AM
09/03/15 03:00 AM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline
master

Heaven
Originally Posted By Plumb Wired
Looking at the thickness of the mounting flanges is that one of the few tall deck B1 intakes in existence?

Mike this style B1 intake was for low deck blocks only. Folks had to use spacers/adapters under them for use on RB blocks.

Wes

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand"

- A. Einstein
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905502
09/03/15 03:03 AM
09/03/15 03:03 AM
Blue Ridge, VA
Plumb Wired Offline
master
Plumb Wired  Offline
master

Blue Ridge, VA
Wes they had a few tall deck B1 manifolds cast I just spoke with Dave Koffel about it about 2-3 months ago. I have been trying to find one but ended up buying the low deck manifold and spacers.

B1.jpg
Last edited by Plumb Wired; 09/03/15 03:16 AM.

RIP Monte Smith

aka: OutlawFish
'98 Bickel Dodge Dakota PST
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905504
09/03/15 03:20 AM
09/03/15 03:20 AM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline
master

Heaven
Mike, cool. Didn't know; been 10yrs since I even looked at any of this stuff and they've updated...LOL. My guess is they cast a few because Koffel was most likely seeing guys use the big INDY 440-3X intake on top of their heads.

INDY came out with the 440-3X intake because Ken Lazzeri saw the B1 intake on top of their heads on Fairchild's motor back in the day......LOL. Fact.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand"

- A. Einstein
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905508
09/03/15 03:55 AM
09/03/15 03:55 AM
Rogue River, OR
Jeremiah Offline
master
Jeremiah  Offline
master

Rogue River, OR
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
I just looked and I had no emails from you Jeremiah. If I missed a call I apologize, I get about 50 a day. I usually don't answer when I am working or I get NOTHING done and try to get them later in the day. But I get so many, that I sometimes overlook one if it is back a page or two......Plus I lost my phone and have a new smart phone and I myself don't seem smart enough to use the damn thing........LOL!!! Knew I should have stuck with my trusty Blackberry

I sent your plate about 2 weeks ago, just assumed you had it and all was good. I was notified by the place that ships my stuff today, that your package was lost. Like I said, I am building you another and should be done tomorrow or Friday and will go out Friday or Monday

Also, I am NOT saying you didn't send an email either, I am just saying there is not one on my computer.......but, an here is another story. I have had two companies try and get viruses and some crap off my computer, because they something was "compromised", can't remember what they called it. Even had one come online live and my shop computer STILL has a mind of it's own. Shuts on and off whenever it feels like.......it's possessed and a computer guy, I am NOT........LOL!!! I have "sent" emails in my folder, that shows they went out, but guys swear they didn't get it or they get it a week later. I have had email show up as "new" that have a month old date......so I don't know whats up with it. It's an old Windows 7 deal and as you can tell, I am reluctant to change........LOL!! Hate to buy a new one and have to figure out all the new crap. Did I mention I wasn't tech saavy. Guess I need to hire a 10 year old

Maybe they said it was my IPO was in danger.......that sound right? Because when I told them I would just buy a new computer, they said that wouldn't solve the issue......that make sense?

It's all good Monte. Computers, phones, and shipping companies all secretly hate me, closely followed by machine shops!

Thanks again for getting in touch.

ps. My t-shirt size is large and my sign is "Leo"

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: sixpackgut] #1905553
09/03/15 10:24 AM
09/03/15 10:24 AM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
Originally Posted By sixpackgut

Send him a 1099 and add a zero

Nice work Monte

That actually did cross my mind, Ray...

Invoice showed up in an email last night, and surprisingly I didn't get a explanation/excuse like Jeremiah got because he doesn't have one...

Hey Monte, why did you charge me to flow two systems when you only flowed one? I'd think that flowing nitrous through both sides of a Fogger nozzle for EFI would be the same amount of work as flowing nitrous and fuel through one Fogger nozzle ?? whistling plus you charged me $800 for that when you'd told me two years ago when I PREAID you it would cost $500 for flowing one stage? I could go on and on, but I'm sure it wouldn't do any good any way... popcorn

Dealing with you has knocked the wind out my sails...I never thought in a million years that when I prepaid you that it was going to take TWO FULL YEARS to get a camshaft and an intake plumbed and flowed.... puke I respect your knowledge, Monte, but I have no respect for how you run your business and the sad part is, it's really not that hard....all you have to do is do what you say and put work in line as you get it and do it in order...

What's funny about all this is that I could have plumbed and flowed my junk myself, but I sent it to you to spend some money with you because you're always whining about how broke you are and this is how I get treated.... realcrazy

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Plumb Wired] #1905564
09/03/15 10:43 AM
09/03/15 10:43 AM
Tulsa, Ok
WadeMetzinger Offline
top fuel
WadeMetzinger  Offline
top fuel

Tulsa, Ok
Originally Posted By Plumb Wired

This is a low deck but has the spacers welded, cleaned up and then powder coated to look like it was made that way.

It belonged to another local Mopar guy (well ex-mopar guy..lol he put a Chevy in his dragster last year) and he had some of our local buddies do all the work and they did a great job)

Wade Metzinger 918-809-0987
71 Cuda 9.28@145 -1s, Pglide
68 Cuda 10.64@124 1.45 60's 318->390 eddys
Moparts discount code on WIX - moparts www.Filter1.com
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: rt66jim] #1905565
09/03/15 10:52 AM
09/03/15 10:52 AM
Tulsa, Ok
WadeMetzinger Offline
top fuel
WadeMetzinger  Offline
top fuel

Tulsa, Ok
No, Jim, this is for a customer's motor.

572, World Aluminum Block, 4.5" Callies Crank, 7.100 R&R H-beam rods, B1-originals Nitrous tuned/ported(there's a long story about these but I'm not ready to tell it just yet), T&D paired rocker, custom roller cam designed by Monte, Isky bushed roller lifter, ATI balancer with crank trigger pickups made into it, Jessel belt drive, Diamond coated piston (joint designed by Monte and Diamond)10.7:1 compression for pump gas.

Drag Week motor, shooting for close to 900hp on motor and then spraying it 500-700hp. At least that's the goal and plan, but we'll have to see how it works out.

I'll try to share some pictures in the next few weeks of this build.

Wade Metzinger 918-809-0987
71 Cuda 9.28@145 -1s, Pglide
68 Cuda 10.64@124 1.45 60's 318->390 eddys
Moparts discount code on WIX - moparts www.Filter1.com
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Big Squeeze] #1905696
09/03/15 02:31 PM
09/03/15 02:31 PM
north west, IN
L
larry890 Offline
enthusiast
larry890  Offline
enthusiast
L

north west, IN
Originally Posted By Big Squeeze

Nice work Monte

Invoice showed up in an mail last night, and surprisingly I didn't get a explanation/excuse like Jeremiah got because he doesn't have one...

Hey Monte, why did you charge me to flow two systems when you only flowed one? I'd think that flowing nitrous through both sides of a Fogger nozzle for EFI would be the same amount of work as flowing nitrous and fuel through one Fogger nozzle ?? whistling plus you charged me $800 for that when you'd told me two years ago when I PREAID you it would cost $500 for flowing one stage? I could go on and on, but I'm sure it wouldn't do at good any way... popcorn

Dealing with you has knocked the wind out my sails...I never thought in a million years that when I prepaid you that it was going to take TWO FULL YEARS to get a camshaft and an intake plumbed and flowed.... puke I respect your knowledge, Monte, but I have no respect for how you run your business and the sad part is, it's really not that hard....all you have to do is do what you say and put work in line as you get it and do it in order...

What's funny about all this is that I could have plumbed and flowed my junk myself, but I sent it to you to spend some money with you because you're always whining about how broke you are and this is how I get treated.... realcrazy
it really sucks to get screwed by anyone like that, but even worse when your trying to help someone out. try not to let it put you in a bad place. please finish that cuda im dying to see it youtube again.

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Big Squeeze] #1905814
09/03/15 06:24 PM
09/03/15 06:24 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline OP
master
Monte_Smith  Offline OP
master
M

North Alabama
Originally Posted By Big Squeeze

Nice work Monte

Invoice showed up in an mail last night, and surprisingly I didn't get a explanation/excuse like Jeremiah got because he doesn't have one...

Hey Monte, why did you charge me to flow two systems when you only flowed one? I'd think that flowing nitrous through both sides of a Fogger nozzle for EFI would be the same amount of work as flowing nitrous and fuel through one Fogger nozzle ?? whistling plus you charged me $800 for that when you'd told me two years ago when I PREAID you it would cost $500 for flowing one stage? I could go on and on, but I'm sure it wouldn't do at good any way... popcorn

Was going to ignore you, but you just won't let it go and seem to want to do it publicly, so how about the other side of the story.....As usual, you would be thinking WRONG. You can recover fuel used to flow the fuel side and use it over and over. Nitrous is GONE, in the air.......so regardless of one nozzle or two, if you flow 2 dry stages, even through one nozzle, you use twice as much nitrous as a single wet kit. And there is ALWAYS an additional charge for more than one stage and you admit you have 2 and you KNOW I get $500 for a single, so you got a $200 break

I don't grind the cams, I just order them.

Well then you SHOULD have plumbed and flowed it yourself. You have no issue putting on nitrous classes yourself and using MY info........so knock yourself out, if it is so easy. When you said you wanted to do some classes and that you had your own bench built "just for your amusement" and you had no intention of doing any nitrous work, yet have told me yourself you have done some for local guys. Also said you would refer all the guys in the classes to me for work.......NOT ONE has sent me anything, or even called. That's seems kinda strange.....although a few have called to order Holley parts..........so maybe I should just set you up as a dealer and you can get that business to.

And lets not act like you JUST got your intake. You have had it quite a while and refresh me........but is the car running yet, or do you even have the motor?

Yes, I admit, I had the intake a LONG time. But YOU told me you were not in a hurry, as you had all the block problems, plus I was really busy, so again, YOU said no hurry, get it when you can. So I put it on the back burner and basically forgot about it on the shelf, then you got your panties in a wad.

Talking about respect, all the while throwing me under the bus. Whatever makes you feel better. You just figure up how much you think I should owe you, let me know and consider it DONE and you won't have to be disappointed ever again........at least not with me

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 09/03/15 06:41 PM.
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905833
09/03/15 07:21 PM
09/03/15 07:21 PM
New Smyrna Beach FL
S
scottb Offline
pro stock
scottb  Offline
pro stock
S

New Smyrna Beach FL
There's always 2 sides to every story

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905841
09/03/15 07:35 PM
09/03/15 07:35 PM
Texas
dannysbee Offline
master
dannysbee  Offline
master

Texas
There will always be money to be made and people have differences of opinion but friends only come along once in a great while, cherish them as one day they will not be around. Take it for what it worth.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905856
09/03/15 07:55 PM
09/03/15 07:55 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

holy cow, I thought Monte and Squeeze were partners of some sort shruggy

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905858
09/03/15 07:59 PM
09/03/15 07:59 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline OP
master
Monte_Smith  Offline OP
master
M

North Alabama
I will admit, that I can be a little slow at times, but it is the nature of this type business. If everybody that SAID they were going to send me an intake DID so, they would be knee deep around here all the time. As it stands, I may get two this week and 10 next week. When something like that happens, you go from pretty much caught up, to seriously buried. And always doing them in the order they arrive sounds like a good plan, but doesn't work that way in the real world....... You have a really good customer, who sneezed and destroyed the intake on his TD and needs to next day it to you, so you can get it done for the next week, because he is leading the points.........well, that's what you do. You GET IT DONE, so he doesn't miss a race. So that takes 3 days to fix and now your "schedule" is even more behind. Or maybe 3 trips to the powder coater, because they can't get the intake like you want it. I work FOR Holley. They call and say "hey, we have an EFI customer who is really struggling, need you to go and help him out". Can't tell them no, I work for them. Now you are a couple MORE days behind and last time I checked, you can't make up lost time. It's easy for people to stand on the outside and say how you SHOULD do things, but unless they are in your circumstances, they simply don't know. I also don't make the parts or have every part in the NOS catalog in stock. Every kit is not the same, every job is not the same, so if I have backordered parts, I work on what I have parts for. This should be no secret to anyone in this business.....some times parts are hard to get. With the limited inventory that ALL companies seem to keep now, I can knock that inventory out with one large order, then I have to wait for more. And I can't order parts ahead because someone SAYS they will send an intake. I have to have it in my hands, so I don't tie up all my funds, waiting on you to possibly send it when you get around to it, if at all.

The shipping company lost Jeremiah's package. I will get the money back from them whenever they feel like it. But to get him going, I have to use parts from another job and spend that time on his again, that I will not be paid for. The insurance will only pay for the parts, not the labor, regardless of the "value" you place on the package(already been around this fence a time or two) So that is essentially wasted time and another trip to ship his parts off. All part of doing business and it rarely goes as planned

Then we get the "why don't you hire help" comments.......simple answer is, there is no good help. Everyone who calls, wants to talk with me, so no good for someone to just answer phone. I like things done a certain way, so I have to show you, I would just as soon do it. Plus it's MY name on it. I HAVE talked with a few guys, their FIRST question when they walk in the shop......"where is the flow bench".......so it's right back out the door for them. That's like being an apprentice at an engine shop and the FIRST thing you want to know is all the guys secrets he has learned over the years. NOT going to happen here.

Lastly, with my moms passing last year, the fact I had to put my dad in an assisted care facility, the fact that I am an only child and am the one who has to PAY for that care, as well as all their left over bills.......I have been traveling more, taking more tuning dates and taking all the work I can get, because I NEED the money. And one unforeseen trip to the hospital, the lawyer, whatever, on top of business things that happen..........before you know it, you can be buried behind with no relief in sight. Not complaining, it just is what it is and you do the best you can and if that isn't good enough for some..........oh well, you can't make everybody happy and life is way too short to worry about it. Yeah, I know everybody has problems and mine are nothing exclusive, but you just do what you can do, with the hand dealt

Wade himself has a REALLY good story to tell about how things don't always go as planned.........but that will be HIS to tell when he feels like it

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 09/03/15 08:39 PM.
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905862
09/03/15 08:04 PM
09/03/15 08:04 PM
NE Oklahoma
V
Von Offline
master
Von  Offline
master
V

NE Oklahoma
I attended one of the classes. I sent a few PMs inquiring on a few items. I also inquired about flowing an Edelbrock plate system. I never heard back on the flowing of the Edelbrock plate? Not a big deal really..and not along of $$$ for you, but it is what it is/was.

Sorry to hear about your parents. Tough stuff.

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905864
09/03/15 08:07 PM
09/03/15 08:07 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline OP
master
Monte_Smith  Offline OP
master
M

North Alabama
If you left a PM for me here, chances are very good I will not see it. I rarely check PMs here, plus I can't seem to stay logged in to know if I even have a PM, plus there are times I don't come on this site for weeks

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4