Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
So, do you REALLY think if I (or anyone else) paying money for a National event wants to see ANY super class racing you are nuking futs. You might think it's all that to you (I have done it and was bored to tears by it) but from a spectator point it's stupid.

Let me say it again, HEADS UP "SUPER" RACING SHOULD BE GONE FROM NATIONAL EVENTS TODAY.

End of story.

And if you really want me to I'll see if I can edit the second number 6.

The good news is after all I posted only 2 guys whined about what I said.

Maybe there's hope to save National events, but I doubt it.

As a last thought...if you went to a Professional MX race (as just one example) would you want to see a bunch of amature crap, that was handicapped to run only lap times that are 2 minutes, if you run slower you lose, if you run faster you lose, if tow riders go too fast the one who went less too fast wins?

That is what I call retarded.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: 72Swinger] #1883787
08/02/15 09:05 PM
08/02/15 09:05 PM
MN
J
JERICOGTX Offline
I Live Here
JERICOGTX  Offline
I Live Here
J

MN
Originally Posted By 72Swinger
WTF ever dude...

Can you post pictures of the chassis work you have done?

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: madscientist] #1883794
08/02/15 09:14 PM
08/02/15 09:14 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Originally Posted By madscientist
So, do you REALLY think if I (or anyone else) paying money for a National event wants to see ANY super class racing you are nuking futs. You might think it's all that to you (I have done it and was bored to tears by it) but from a spectator point it's stupid.

Let me say it again, HEADS UP "SUPER" RACING SHOULD BE GONE FROM NATIONAL EVENTS TODAY.

End of story.

As a last thought...if you went to a Professional MX race (as just one example) would you want to see a bunch of amature crap, that was handicapped to run only lap times that are 2 minutes, if you run slower you lose, if you run faster you lose, if tow riders go too fast the one who went less too fast wins?

what did you say?

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1883795
08/02/15 09:16 PM
08/02/15 09:16 PM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
If that changes any facts, here you go

This doesnt change the fact that although Dave cage didnt collapse, it isnt still "all good". Am I the only one that saw the N2O bottle come out the driverside window? That is on top of the seat breaking away from the car AND the frickin seatbelt tab snapping off the cage man! I would feel safer hopping in a 55 gallon drum and floating off Niagara than riding in a bucket of bolts like that Nova, is this really an argument?

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: 72Swinger] #1883799
08/02/15 09:20 PM
08/02/15 09:20 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

If that changes any facts, here you go

This doesnt change the fact that although Dave cage didnt collapse, it isnt still "all good". Am I the only one that saw the N2O bottle come out the driverside window? That is on top of the seat breaking away from the car AND the frickin seatbelt tab snapping off the cage man! I would feel safer hopping in a 55 gallon drum and floating off Niagara than riding in a bucket of bolts like that Nova, is this really an argument?
what the heck is that

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1883803
08/02/15 09:25 PM
08/02/15 09:25 PM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
Road Race street car stuff, some one wanted a pic of any chassis work ive done, I have done this. Im no chassis builder but I know my driver seat and seatbelts are gonna stay intact no matter what.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1883817
08/02/15 09:51 PM
08/02/15 09:51 PM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
What style seat and what have you done to absolutely insure that it will stay in place?

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1883822
08/02/15 10:05 PM
08/02/15 10:05 PM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
If my seat comes out, it will take the floorpan and half the trans tunnel with it. I have Chinese road racing seats, and this video has me
re-thinking I need high quality replacements. Dave is lucky with the conditions inside that car he was put under. Maybe he did it all himself but damn having a wreck like that is a bad deal in any condition but being flung around inside the car with that much "cage" in it is what will kill a guy.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Al_Alguire] #1883881
08/02/15 10:59 PM
08/02/15 10:59 PM
East Coast
A
A/MP Offline
super stock
A/MP  Offline
super stock
A

East Coast
Daddy Dave wrecked his new Nova and is in the hospital. Irony... he did this at the race track in TX.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: madscientist] #1884019
08/03/15 01:09 AM
08/03/15 01:09 AM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline
top fuel
Eric  Offline
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA

End of story.

Ok I'll start by saying the #6 thing was a joke. And I will say again the super classes are for the "educated" fans and if you don't enjoy them you are free to go take a dump when they come out. Also your use of the term "retarded" pretty much sums up where your comments are coming from. Call me PC if you want.

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: 72Swinger] #1884048
08/03/15 01:57 AM
08/03/15 01:57 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
I really hope he makes a speedy recovery. Honestly though was ANYTHING in that thing bolted down? I wouldnt want a bucket of bolts like that next to me in a race, I hope ALL them boys learn from this, I can see a seat breaking but not breaking away from the f&****g car, and that seat belt tab AND the nitrous bottle projectile was unacceptable.
You don't know what you are talking about. Just because you have welded up a few bars in some cars, don't mean squat. That was a VERY violent barrel roll. Things break loose in those instances. Happens all the time. The cage held up, THAT is what counts. Nitrous bottle mounts are NOT built like a tank. They are generally light and minimal. I have seen bottles come out of Pro-Nitrous cars, built by Bickel, Haas and others. Also seats in most of these cars are held in with Dzus fasteners, because you want the belts to hold the seat and driver in place. Guess you wouldn't ride in one of those "bucket of bolts" either. Unfortunate situation and has me looking at "wrap around" belts for our car, as pulling a single tab out of a piece of chromoly can happen in a serious crash......as seen here.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Eric] #1884076
08/03/15 03:31 AM
08/03/15 03:31 AM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Originally Posted By Eric

End of story.

Ok I'll start by saying the #6 thing was a joke. And I will say again the super classes are for the "educated" fans and if you don't enjoy them you are free to go take a dump when they come out. Also your use of the term "retarded" pretty much sums up where your comments are coming from. Call me PC if you want.

Ok what would you call slowing down cars in a contest of speed, as in a DRAG RACE?

You aren't getting new fans because of super class racing, and the sport needs more fans right?

Reterded is the correct word. Look it up to see the meaning.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1884079
08/03/15 03:46 AM
08/03/15 03:46 AM
Phoenix, AZ
M
MoparBilly Offline
master
MoparBilly  Offline
master
M

Phoenix, AZ
Eric
Don't worry about it. The reason no-one complained about Mad's Super Class post is that he has zero credibility on such matters so we skip over it. Jegs, Dave Conolly, Erica, TJ Jr. and a long list of other prominent racers have all ran the super classes. How popular would Golf be if it were simply a long drive competition? Two golfers step to the tee, and the one to hit the ball the farthest moves to the next round. Yep, hardly think that would have lasted very long!

72 Swinger,
Grow up! It was a bad crash, centrifugal forces encountered in a barrel roll are some of the worst that can happen to any car. I've always been nervous about bottles in the passenger's compartment, and mine are always in the trunk, even though it is a pain to mess with them back there.

I've had two buddies in high speed top end crashes in which the car exited the track and got tore up flipping through the dirt. Both broke stuff in places you would think was not possible, but both walked away, and that's what matters.

578525_3427296133415_1600651030_2846713_1131863667_n.jpg546230_3427279292994_1600651030_2846704_1411085534_n.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: MoparBilly] #1884081
08/03/15 04:02 AM
08/03/15 04:02 AM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Originally Posted By MoparBilly
Eric
Don't worry about it. The reason no-one complained about Mad's Super Class post is that he has zero credibility on such matters so we skip over it. Jegs, Dave Conolly, Erica, TJ Jr. and a long list of other prominent racers have all ran the super classes. How popular would Golf be if it were simply a long drive competition? Two golfers step to the tee, and the one to hit the ball the farthest moves to the next round. Yep, hardly think that would have lasted very long!

72 Swinger,
Grow up! It was a bad crash, centrifugal forces encountered in a barrel roll are some of the worst that can happen to any car. I've always been nervous about bottles in the passenger's compartment, and mine are always in the trunk, even though it is a pain to mess with them back there.

I've had two buddies in high speed top end crashes in which the car exited the track and got tore up flipping through the dirt. Both broke stuff in places you would think was not possible, but both walked away, and that's what matters.

So what is your grand plan to fix drag racing? I didn't say kill all stupid (I mean super) class racing did I? No. I said stop it at National events.

Comprehension issues?

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1884085
08/03/15 04:29 AM
08/03/15 04:29 AM
Phoenix, AZ
M
MoparBilly Offline
master
MoparBilly  Offline
master
M

Phoenix, AZ
You are the one who lacks comprehension, or more clearly, perspective. My protégé just won SST today at the National Event in Sonoma. His family and friends who went to the Divisional the week before, vacationed in San Fran, then hung out at the Nats numbered around fifteen. Add that up, along with every car that entered both the divisional and the Nats, and figure up the economic impact those racers had on that week of racing versus a few hardcore fans that are put off by throttle stops. Money talks, crybabies walk.

NHRA can send down a set of Super class cars every minute, that means 100-120 cars in an hour...that's not much track time for the money they put in the coffers, and all the "Real Fans" are supposed to be at the concession stand, and Nitro Mall at that time anyway.

National events are the carrot that drives participation on the divisional level, but I don't expect you to see the big picture, since you can't even get out of your seat at the 60ft clocks, walk 940 feet down the bleachers, and see where the real racing takes place...

11202803_10207198626154245_4082867898001049509_n.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Monte_Smith] #1884132
08/03/15 10:04 AM
08/03/15 10:04 AM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
I really hope he makes a speedy recovery. Honestly though was ANYTHING in that thing bolted down? I wouldnt want a bucket of bolts like that next to me in a race, I hope ALL them boys learn from this, I can see a seat breaking but not breaking away from the f&****g car, and that seat belt tab AND the nitrous bottle projectile was unacceptable.
You don't know what you are talking about. Just because you have welded up a few bars in some cars, don't mean squat. That was a VERY violent barrel roll. Things break loose in those instances. Happens all the time. The cage held up, THAT is what counts. Nitrous bottle mounts are NOT built like a tank. They are generally light and minimal. I have seen bottles come out of Pro-Nitrous cars, built by Bickel, Haas and others. Also seats in most of these cars are held in with Dzus fasteners, because you want the belts to hold the seat and driver in place. Guess you wouldn't ride in one of those "bucket of bolts" either. Unfortunate situation and has me looking at "wrap around" belts for our car, as pulling a single tab out of a piece of chromoly can happen in a serious crash......as seen here.
Dont care what anyone thinks of my car bulding ability or lack threrof, yeah Monte it was violent, no excuse for the Trifecta of "FAIL" in that crash IMO. Am I being overly critical? To fu#$n BAD.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1884181
08/03/15 11:35 AM
08/03/15 11:35 AM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
thinking if one was to stick with the "tab" type mounting system that maybe making it a single piece of steel wrapped around the rear cross bar and welded in place might be the ticket. Only thing about the belts wrapped around the bar is that they do have the capability to move side to side. I have a "hoop" welded on my cage to limit this movement, but it can still happen to a degree. What I want to improve upon is how my Jaz seat is mounted. I just can't see that those four 5/16 mounting points would do a whole lot of good.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: J_BODY] #1884233
08/03/15 12:56 PM
08/03/15 12:56 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Originally Posted By J_BODY
thinking if one was to stick with the "tab" type mounting system that maybe making it a single piece of steel wrapped around the rear cross bar and welded in place might be the ticket. Only thing about the belts wrapped around the bar is that they do have the capability to move side to side. I have a "hoop" welded on my cage to limit this movement, but it can still happen to a degree. What I want to improve upon is how my Jaz seat is mounted. I just can't see that those four 5/16 mounting points would do a whole lot of good.
For all intents and purposes, how the seat is "mounted" is a non issue, because you will NEVER mount the seat well enough to maintain a driver in the event of a violent crash. It's simple physics. The seat carries all the drivers weight, plus it is a lever. It will NEVER stand on it's own mounting, so no need to try. What you shoot for is to have the belts mounted properly to anchor the seat in the car and stay where it should. As I said before, the seat in our car is carbon fiber, mounted on some small chromoly tubing and is attached to that tubing with Dzus fasteners. Pop 6 fasteners loose and the seat is out. But in the event of a crash, the belts should hold the seat in.

So how your Jaz seat is mounted is fine, as far as the mount, but what you MAY want to consider is some small tubing BEHIND the seat that welds to the crossbar and hugs the shape of the seat down to the floor or bar under seat. A "cradle" that supports the seat and helps keep it in place in the result of a crash.

Swinger..........parts break off cars during a crash. The picture above shows a Camaro minus the whole rear. CUP cars have tethers on parts to keep them from going in the stands. Top Fuel cars break in half. You CAN'T build a crash proof car that nothing breaks off. What DOES matter is if the drivers compartment stays intact. Dave's did. So regardless of what your expert opinion may be, that passes as a well built car. To survive numerous barrel rolls, the car essentially intact, cage not collapsed on the driver and no tubing ripped out.

I can pretty much gurantee the bottle brackets I build would not stay in our car in a crash that violent.............Not many if any will.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: J_BODY] #1884288
08/03/15 01:59 PM
08/03/15 01:59 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted By J_BODY

Adding a 5th point and using the roll bar cross post in the back really help stiffen a seat up.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12