M
MoparBilly Offline
master
MoparBilly  Offline
master
M

Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Now those of you saying that Dave did that for the benefit of one of "his 405 guys" needs punched in the mouth. That would be a LOW CLASS move and David Comstock is NOT low class. He is a stand up guy and not one of those out of town guys had a problem with him flagging and nobody EVER has, so you can just stop that trash talk.

He made the decision way too quick for me, that's all I'm saying. I want someone a little less confident, maybe someone that can by swayed by the video, or a bunch of guys yelling at him.

If you want to take a swing at me Monte, I can oblige you at DW...but only after I get the girl's bottles filled.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1882071
07/31/15 10:00 AM
07/31/15 10:00 AM
Up a holler, down a crick
B
booger Offline
super stock
booger  Offline
super stock
B

Up a holler, down a crick
Discovery is missing a great opportunity for a show to follow SO - barney badass street racers pretending they're MMA fighters. There'd probably be too many Mexican standoffs to work though.

Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1882860
08/01/15 02:21 PM
08/01/15 02:21 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
I just watched the Episode from last week. IMO they used some creative editing to make it look good to me. I still say the NY guy won, he killed the lite plain and simple.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Al_Alguire] #1882880
08/01/15 02:59 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
I just watched the Episode from last week. IMO they used some creative editing to make it look good to me. I still say the NY guy won, he killed the lite plain and simple.
don't know how you seen that when it was clear the front tire was rolling before the light. had it be a tree it would have been a red light. no doubt he would have won but rules are rules.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1882881
Vista, California
67Satty Offline
pro stock
67Satty  Offline
pro stock

Vista, California
I agree with the above, if you watch the slow motion version on Youtube, you clearly see the light, a short pause, then him launching, so it shows that it wasn't even a case of him guessing the light much less leaving early.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: MoparBilly] #1882882
08/01/15 03:00 PM
08/01/15 03:00 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Originally Posted By MoparBilly
Now those of you saying that Dave did that for the benefit of one of "his 405 guys" needs punched in the mouth. That would be a LOW CLASS move and David Comstock is NOT low class. He is a stand up guy and not one of those out of town guys had a problem with him flagging and nobody EVER has, so you can just stop that trash talk.

He made the decision way too quick for me, that's all I'm saying. I want someone a little less confident, maybe someone that can by swayed by the video, or a bunch of guys yelling at him.

If you want to take a swing at me Monte, I can oblige you at DW...but only after I get the girl's bottles filled.
you have to make the call quick

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1882885
08/01/15 03:08 PM
08/01/15 03:08 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

i am pretty sure if the tapes showed him not leaving early he would not have paid

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1882920
08/01/15 04:09 PM
08/01/15 04:09 PM
Hot Rod Ridge
FastmOp Offline
master
FastmOp  Offline
master

Hot Rod Ridge
I like how Chucky was flying the bird as he was driving away from Monza lmao
This is a little Chucky vid. He races Kye in it.

https://youtu.be/kwVBR0yZLiY

Last edited by FastmOp; 08/01/15 04:11 PM.
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: madscientist] #1883067
08/01/15 08:45 PM
08/01/15 08:45 PM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline
top fuel
Eric  Offline
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
I'm
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By Cudajon
This is friggin great. More discussion here about street outlaws than the last 5 NHRA events. What does NHRA need?

I know what it doesn't need...a bunch of stuffed shirt block heads who are only at NHRA to scam money from a "non profit" organization. Their only tie to drag racing is MONEY and how to get it from racers, sponsors, fans and advertisers. The cuurent NHRA leadership CAN'T fix drag racing becasue they don't drag race. They can't move with change. NHRA leadership is worthless, petty, conniving, thoughtless and narrow minded.

So, since you asked...what would I do (I have a 9th grade education, my vocabulary rarely has over 4 letter wordsand I don't play well with others. Here is what I would do:

1. Look at EVERY eliminator, not every class. EVERY eliminator. Starting with TF on down (remembering this is with a National event TV package in mind). You can't fix a fuel class trying to slow them down. All they do is blow [censored] up. So get rid on the 3.20:1 gears rule. Let them use 2.90's or taller. RPM's kills [censored]. The NHRA adapted that gear rule 2 deacades ago and it was stupid then. It's retared now. Next, lose the rev limiters. They are parts breakers. Get rid of the killer (literally) two strut wings and mandate a single wing. If you stop the reason for most parts breakage (RPM and RPM limiters) you fix 90% of the crap.

2. Pro Stock. It's very simple. OEM bodies. Period. What your OEM gives you, DEAL WITH IT. They should look like showroom cars (except with a hood scoop...only ricers and fruit cakes think hood scoops are cool...let those dudes go drifting). To go along with the body rules, all engines MUST have the following: OEM deck height, valve angles, cam height, bore spacing and lifter bank angles. Either carbs or EFI. Let the best man win. Pro Stock would be the class to watch. And simple to police (tech).

3. Pro Stock Motorcycle. Scrap the whole damn eliminator. Done. And done.

4. Competition eliminator. See Pro Stock motorcyle. Comp was a piece of crap in 1980. Go back to Modified eliminator, where injectors and cool [censored] was the norm. Modified can and would translate right into PS. Comp sucks BUT money killed Modified Eliminator back in the day. Even NHRA has it's wine and cheese crowd. When they leave, NHRA would be better.

5. TAFC and TAD. Bring in injected Nitro to TAFC. Since I haven't paid attention to either alky class since about 2004 I'm open to advice, but I would damn sure bring injected Nitro into TAFC.

6. Super classes. Now we get to the most retarded form of drag racing I can think of. Absolutely S-T-U-P-I-D. Bring a beginner in who THINKS NHRA is about going fast and show the a throttle stop class and they are ready to leave. If they wanted restrictor type racing they could go to ASSCAR. Buh-bye. I would immediatedly stop all super class racing at nationals. TODAY. I don't give a tinkers crap about how good these dudes can drive, how great their "packages" are. Who cares? Unless you have an assload of money (think Morgan Lucas) no one from a super class goes on to other classes. There are exceptions but DAMMIT, you can't bore the track crowd (never mind a TV audience) with super class racing. Stop this nonsense NOW. Most people think the stands empty because PS is up, but really, it's a mad dash to the pits because it's more fun to watch dudes busting their humps working on a car than it is to watch super class racing. So they miss out on what little Comp and Stock and Super Stock have to offer. KILL SUPER CLASS RACING AT NATIONAL EVENTS NOW.

6. Stock/Super Stock. These two eliminators should be fan favorites but they are not for several reasons. 1. They are run like a brakcet race. 2. IDIOTIC qualifying and elimination rules. Run these cars handicapped off the current class NATIONAL record, not off an index. While I'm at it, the newly reformed Modified Eliminator would run off of a national record too. Somehow, you would have to eliminate some of the classes. I think there are well over 80 classes each for Stock/Super Stock. Cut it way back and run them off the national record.

7. Top Sportsman. I would let the be a 100% no throttle stop bracket race. . 2 Eliminators, one for pipe racks the other for door cars. Big wight breaks for cars with clutches (automatics are boring to watch) and run the pipe rack against the door car for all the money.

I have more ideas but you get the point. NHRA is fixable, but not until a racer is leading the place.

First you have two #6's . Second I don't Super Class race for the fans or autographs. Unless you have done it you really have no idea how much fun it is.😉

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1883092
08/01/15 09:25 PM
08/01/15 09:25 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Quiktree don't know what to tell you..Apparently you did not look at the youtube video close did you? It is a TV show, not life or death. Just call it as I see it from the NON TV camera point of view.

Oh yeah just for your future reference. If the tire is NOT moving by the time your light is green you are DEAD LATE, PERIOD. Would think someone who races would know better than that. We have what's called ROLLOUT. If you do not understand how the timing system works then maybe pay attention next time you are at the track. If you are not moving when it is green on a tree you are late and will be on the trailer...

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1883108
08/01/15 09:49 PM
08/01/15 09:49 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Well I guess as a Super Class racer I have better sell off the Top Sportsman car here real quick. As apparently the super classes are no sort of stepping stone at all. I think some have no clue on some of the stuff they talk about.

Plenty of Super Classes racers move up, happens all the time. Just FYI Shawn Langdon, Jack Beckman, Force girls, Alexis Dejoria, Erica Enders, Dave Connely, Greg Stanfield, all came from the Super Classes and that is just off the top of my head. Most Pro Stock guys come up from lower classes as well. Not everyone racing a Professional car was given a blank check with no experience.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1883130
08/01/15 10:22 PM
08/01/15 10:22 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Al_Alguire] #1883185
08/01/15 11:48 PM
08/01/15 11:48 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quiktree don't know what to tell you..Apparently you did not look at the youtube video close did you? It is a TV show, not life or death. Just call it as I see it from the NON TV camera point of view.

Oh yeah just for your future reference. If the tire is NOT moving by the time your light is green you are DEAD LATE, PERIOD. Would think someone who races would know better than that. We have what's called ROLLOUT. If you do not understand how the timing system works then maybe pay attention next time you are at the track. If you are not moving when it is green on a tree you are late and will be on the trailer...
you can't be serious laugh2

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1883248
08/02/15 01:15 AM
08/02/15 01:15 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Sorry if the truth stings a little.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1883283
08/02/15 02:03 AM
08/02/15 02:03 AM
mi usa
O
old yeller Offline
super stock
old yeller  Offline
super stock
O

mi usa
Opinions are like azzholes...everybody has one....Rule #1 in street racing..Nuteral(sp) guy holds the money and the same for the starter...that was a [censored] call from the home team....and thats my opinion even if the great monte smith doesn't agree...like i care....that was a home town call

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Quicktree] #1883291
08/02/15 02:12 AM
08/02/15 02:12 AM
Arizona
C
Chris'sBarracuda Offline
master
Chris'sBarracuda  Offline
master
C

Arizona
Originally Posted By Quicktree

you can't be serious laugh2

If you stage light, there is a few inches of roll out there to be had. Why do you think Super Stock and Pro Stock guys stage so light..
Yep.. To get a rolling start without red lighting.. haha

Chris.. hammer

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: old yeller] #1883325
08/02/15 03:36 AM
08/02/15 03:36 AM
southern Maryland
K
keefe Offline
mopar
keefe  Offline
mopar
K

southern Maryland
Originally Posted By old yeller
Opinions are like azzholes...everybody has one....Rule #1 in street racing..Nuteral(sp) guy holds the money and the same for the starter...that was a [censored] call from the home team....and thats my opinion even if the great monte smith doesn't agree...like i care....that was a home town call

up I agree, a neutral party always holds the money and the starter needs to be neutral also, specially if you want to get PAID...LOL

The Petey small block / Boosted race should have been rerun IMO but that's between them... I don't think Boosted had anything for him...

1971 duster twister 440, 3380#,509 M/P hyd,906's,full Exhaust,11.06@117.46 1/4,6.95@ 97.03 1/8,1.497 60ft.....
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1883328
08/02/15 03:45 AM
08/02/15 03:45 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
How does rollout come into effect where there are no stage beams and you are leaving on a single light flash. Last time I checked, there is no "timing system" in a street race

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Monte_Smith] #1883331
08/02/15 04:10 AM
08/02/15 04:10 AM
MD
HEMI472 Offline
super stock
HEMI472  Offline
super stock

MD
monte why do they come all them miles to race one time?? why don't they race 2 times if there was a problem ??

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Monte_Smith] #1883332
08/02/15 04:20 AM
08/02/15 04:20 AM
Arizona
C
Chris'sBarracuda Offline
master
Chris'sBarracuda  Offline
master
C

Arizona
How does rollout come into effect where there are no stage beams and you are leaving on a single light flash. Last time I checked, there is no "timing system" in a street race

The whole deal is quite silly.. You know the beams were designed to tell whether or not a car left early.
The video says it all. He did NOT leave early IMO by my eyes and if it is that hard to tell on video, then Dave could not have seen it either.

The real bottom line is Boosted got whooped, He knows it, and broke anyway. He should have paid.

Monza also got beat, but now boundaries matter by a half inch.

He should have paid also.. No matter, it's their game, but THEY KNOW they got beat 3 out of 5.

It would have shown a lot more about "The 405" if those guys would have manned up and admitted they got beat. twocents

Chris.. wave

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12