07/20/15 04:10 AM
07/20/15 04:10 AM
Woodburn, R
R
Rxacer Offline OP
Rxacer  Offline OP
R

Woodburn, R
So I came across this 74 Plymouth Scamp for sale and was able to pick it up for $900
It's finally home and it runs!! Once we got the carb set and had it running smooth my uncle told me it wasn't stock. Most likely is running a camshaft in it. As for the transmission and gears I don't know yet. Been working the whole weekend so I haven't had that much time to investigate.
Got fresh Gas in it and it runs pretty well now. Did a walk around and discovered that my blinkers didn't work so I checked the bulbs and they are good. Considering I have brake lights I assumed that the fuses are still good since they light up so that leaves it down to the relay. But I have no idea how to check it so I might just go see how much new ones are. Then my bigger problem at the moment is that my charging system isn't working. We had to re-thread the alternator since it wouldn't stay in place due to a crappy bolt. But when that was done we checked it and thats not the problem. it was pumping out around 14 volts I believe. So next in the chain is the regulator, I bought a new one put it in and it worked at idle but when I revved it the thing went out and we went back to not charging at all. So currently I am looking for a wiring diagram to check my wiring against. So that currently is how she sits mechanically. Interior wise i have pulled everything out but the front seats (Which are welded in) and the dash. I found some surface rust and plan on grinding it down and painting it over then leaving it bare until I can find a full interior set.Although I did fabricate a quick little door panel for it. Then lastly my trunk floor is rotted out and will have to be replaced. I was able to track down where the water was entering though and I got that all patched up! So progress is slow between work and family life but its slowly but surely getting done.

Re: 74 Plymouth Scamp, first car [Re: Rxacer] #1874475
07/20/15 06:10 PM
07/20/15 06:10 PM
New Hampshire
R
Rick Ray Offline
Rick Ray  Offline
R

New Hampshire
Nice, i have one the same year 318-auto. Its one the back burner till we get my daughters 68-Cuda done.

Re: 74 Plymouth Scamp, first car [Re: Rxacer] #1875806
07/22/15 03:42 PM
07/22/15 03:42 PM
east side of Ohio
basketcase Offline
master
basketcase  Offline
master

east side of Ohio
welcome. great looking project! don't see enough Scamps. I'd check on the voltage regulator, might be your problem.

Dave

1981 Dodge D150 360 auto
Re: 74 Plymouth Scamp, first car [Re: Rxacer] #1911485
09/13/15 04:04 AM
09/13/15 04:04 AM
Woodburn, R
R
Rxacer Offline OP
Rxacer  Offline OP
R

Woodburn, R
Update time!! New Altenator, regulator, blinker relays, and lights and shes my daily driver smile Been lots of fun so far!! In the process of slowly trying to do some bodywork prep for when I get it painted and then also locating an interior. I plan on keeping it until I got it all purty then selling it and getting another project smile Who knows I might just keep it till she dies