Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: 451Cuda] #1805663
04/17/15 03:20 PM
04/17/15 03:20 PM
Arkansas
A
Adrielp Offline OP
mopar
Adrielp  Offline OP
mopar
A

Arkansas
Originally Posted By 451Cuda
Not trying to derail any new contributions to the Mopar cause, just want to make sure it's legit and not some pipe-dream or scam.

I totally understand where your coming from. With all of the scams going around these days, its wise to approach anything like this with caution. All I can say from my end is that I didn't waste my time designing these cylinder heads with the intention to scam or cheat anyone. My goal is to create a cylinder head platform for racers to build upon that has the potential to surpass what we currently have available. I ultimately want to progress the brand forward and I hope that this project will do that.

Adriel Paradise
Substation Design Engineer III
Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: 451Cuda] #1805668
04/17/15 03:29 PM
04/17/15 03:29 PM
Canada
C
CTD5.9 Offline
super stock
CTD5.9  Offline
super stock
C

Canada
So you want people to pony up $12k for a pair of heads that they know nothing about? Just want to be clear here.

No he wants a bunch of small donations that could hopefully add up to enough money for a prototype set of heads. Usually in crowdfunding cases like this people get perks for being backers. Having a chance to buy the first set, cheaper then retail, etc etc.

Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: CTD5.9] #1805674
04/17/15 03:41 PM
04/17/15 03:41 PM
Nebraska
451Cuda Offline
enthusiast
451Cuda  Offline
enthusiast

Nebraska
Originally Posted By rednuck
So you want people to pony up $12k for a pair of heads that they know nothing about? Just want to be clear here.

No he wants a bunch of small donations that could hopefully add up to enough money for a prototype set of heads. Usually in crowdfunding cases like this people get perks for being backers. Having a chance to buy the first set, cheaper then retail, etc etc.

So I'm misunderstanding this part?

Originally Posted By Adrielp
To answer the question of producing the head. Minus valvetrain, 12k gets you a set of bare cylinder head(ie cnc machining, valve guides, seats, etc).

If several people collectively donate $12k, who is "you" in this....who gets the cylinder head(s)?

Things like this need to be stated clearly...what each person gets in return for the donation, what gets accomplished for the X amount, what still needs to be done before actual working cylinder heads can be shipped out. Sorry if I see red flags...been through this song and dance before.

Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: 451Cuda] #1805689
04/17/15 04:06 PM
04/17/15 04:06 PM
Canada
C
CTD5.9 Offline
super stock
CTD5.9  Offline
super stock
C

Canada

So I'm misunderstanding this part?

To answer the question of producing the head. Minus valvetrain, 12k gets you a set of bare cylinder head(ie cnc machining, valve guides, seats, etc).

If several people collectively donate $12k, who is "you" in this....who gets the cylinder head(s)?

Things like this need to be stated clearly...what each person gets in return for the donation, what gets accomplished for the X amount, what still needs to be done before actual working cylinder heads can be shipped out. Sorry if I see red flags...been through this song and dance before.

I definitely think that he could of conveyed that better, and did a better job on the perks vs just getting to vote for the choices.

I would say he is the one who gets the prototype, and like most it will probably end up ported, blown through the water jackets, bandsawed and be the basis for future heads.

Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1805721
04/17/15 05:11 PM
04/17/15 05:11 PM
Idaho
1320Dart Offline
mopar
1320Dart  Offline
mopar

Idaho
Canted Configuration #2 gets my vote!

Nice job!

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin
Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1805731
04/17/15 05:22 PM
04/17/15 05:22 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
I seems pretty straightforward to me ...

He needs 12k for the prototype. He's taking contributions in various denominations and the perks associated with each level is spelled out. HOWEVER, 12k is the "goal" only to do the prototype. If someone wants to pony up 100k and they're the largest contributor, they get to name the heads and a few other perks along with that - like maybe shareholder equity !!!

Keep in mind somewhere along the line he's going to have to get into negotiations with rocker manufacturers, cam manufacturers and piston manufacturers. Since each will be limited production it goes without saying that none will be reasonably priced.

Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1805744
04/17/15 05:39 PM
04/17/15 05:39 PM
jersey
S
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master
Spaceman Spiff  Offline
master
S

jersey
We need better blocks before better heads. Most any aftermarket head will be a me to make enough power to exceed the limits of a stock block.
What good are heads that can make say, 1,200hp, if the block can only hold 800??

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!
Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #1805798
04/17/15 07:18 PM
04/17/15 07:18 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Good to see someone runnin their mind & hands and just their mouth!! Insert bow bow bow

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1805799
04/17/15 07:24 PM
04/17/15 07:24 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
Quote:
We need better blocks before better heads.

I didn't want to be the first with negative comments but I agree completely. Redesigning a head for a 50 year old block doesn't make a lot of sense to me - particularly when you consider what the whole upgrade is going to cost ... there isn't a single aftermarket piece that's going to work with any of these configurations. I imagine you'll be well over 10k by the time you buy pistons, heads, intake, valve covers and headers. And the, what's "Mopar" ... the block !!! When its all said and done I think you'd be able to build a more powerful hemi - Gen II or Gen III - for WAY less money.

But I applaud the initiative !!!

Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1805866
04/17/15 09:27 PM
04/17/15 09:27 PM
Farmington Hills, Mich
Chuck@Best_Machine Offline
super stock
Chuck@Best_Machine  Offline
super stock

Farmington Hills, Mich
I don't think anyone that would buy these heads would consider putting them on a stock block but I could be wrong lol! They look to have a lot of potential and wouldn't have much trouble making more power than a Gen II Hemi. The only trouble would be exhaust pushrod clearance in the block with the Hemi 99 style head but you really would t know till you bolted them on.

Good Job

Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1806040
04/18/15 02:45 AM
04/18/15 02:45 AM
Arkansas
A
Adrielp Offline OP
mopar
Adrielp  Offline OP
mopar
A

Arkansas
Quick update, made a little progress today in terms of funding and support with a few individuals offering there services and others who have made financial contributions to the project. I'm hopeful that the progress will continue. I have made some changes to both sites to clarify how funds raised will be used.

In gauging everyone's feedback it seems as though I have missed the mark with the perks I've offered in exchange for any contributions. I really thought it would've been an opportunity for people to let their voice be heard by giving their input. Definitely my mistake. So, I will let you guys decide on a new perk to add to the project in addition to what's available so I look forward to your input in that regard.
What do you think? Highest bid gets the final cylinder head assembly and trademark naming rights?

Also, I want to clarify that any contribution amount will be accepted. 25cents, $1, $5, or whatever. Any of those contributions give you an opportunity to get involved. Indiegogo kind of makes that confusing since it is formatted to show one value to receive the perk. That however is not the case. Please follow suit with the ranges that are posted on the website. Upon making a contribution, I will send an email to you to record your vote.

So far its a toss up between the Wedge Configuration #2 and the Canted Configuration #2.

Again, thanks everyone for the kind words and support, its very much appreciated!

Lastly, I want to make it very clear that I have no intentions of maximizing a profit margin with these heads. If these heads make it to market, I plan on offering them at the cost of making the part with little to no profit margin. At most maybe 1% of the total. I believe its much more important to try to make these cylinder heads as accessible as possible than worry about turning a profit. I know, I know, its not a smart business decision, I'm crazy, its naive, etc etc.

Adriel Paradise
Substation Design Engineer III
Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1806100
04/18/15 09:03 AM
04/18/15 09:03 AM
J
Jerry Kathe Offline
enthusiast
Jerry Kathe  Offline
enthusiast
J

Adrielp - I absolutely applaud you!

I agree with Chuck, No one (in their right mind) would stick these on a stock block. There are a couple of choices for a good block to begin with, get some good heads on the market and the blocks will follow, additionally new design/new to the market blocks could incorporate any configuration improvements that would make the new design head more compatible. Lets keep the horse in front of the cart – lol.

Personally, I vote for the canted version for a little more versatility and potential going forward.

Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1806190
04/18/15 11:44 AM
04/18/15 11:44 AM
Charlotte, North Carolina
sgcuda Offline
master
sgcuda  Offline
master

Charlotte, North Carolina
Well, then call me crazy, but I feel that a stock block, wedge head with maybe a BBC exhaust port setup would be great for a(soon to return)weekend racer like me. I would like to be able to get hold of a decent header kit like hedmans that I can assemble to work with a modified front end, on a reasonable budget. I don't really need the expense of Kook's, World, Lenco, etc. Just want to go a little faster and have fun without the cost of a Prostock.

[image][/image]
Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1806202
04/18/15 12:09 PM
04/18/15 12:09 PM
Smyrna, South Carolina
STEFF Offline
master
STEFF  Offline
master

Smyrna, South Carolina
I think this is killer & I applaud you for taking on this challenge!! As for donating, I look at this as a feel good opportunity donation, like donating to any random cause/charity/fund raiser. Donating 10-20-50 bucks shouldn't have any expectations of return.

Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1806279
04/18/15 02:21 PM
04/18/15 02:21 PM
Charleston
S
sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
I am a diehard mopar guy and although I can not afford to build a high end engine or car, I want nothing more than to see lots of mopars being competitive in any class they can run in. I will make a donation for the cause on monday when Im on a computer to look at each valve layout more closely.

And who knows, maybe some day I will have the money to build a high end car and because of my contribution now, I will be able to buy a clean sheet cylinder head that I always wish someone would make

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs
Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1806505
04/18/15 10:00 PM
04/18/15 10:00 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Do these heads have a combustion chamber designed in this century?

If so and if the info isn't proprietary it would be nice to see the head from the combustion chamber side.

In any case it sounds like some outside the box thinking in both R+D and business plan. thumbs thumbs

Kevin

Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1806645
04/19/15 01:26 AM
04/19/15 01:26 AM
jacksonville,FLORIDA
slammedR/T Offline
super stock
slammedR/T  Offline
super stock

jacksonville,FLORIDA
Quick update, made a little progress today in terms of funding and support with a few individuals offering there services and others who have made financial contributions to the project. I'm hopeful that the progress will continue. I have made some changes to both sites to clarify how funds raised will be used.

In gauging everyone's feedback it seems as though I have missed the mark with the perks I've offered in exchange for any contributions. I really thought it would've been an opportunity for people to let their voice be heard by giving their input. Definitely my mistake. So, I will let you guys decide on a new perk to add to the project in addition to what's available so I look forward to your input in that regard.
What do you think? Highest bid gets the final cylinder head assembly and trademark naming rights?

Also, I want to clarify that any contribution amount will be accepted. 25cents, $1, $5, or whatever. Any of those contributions give you an opportunity to get involved. Indiegogo kind of makes that confusing since it is formatted to show one value to receive the perk. That however is not the case. Please follow suit with the ranges that are posted on the website. Upon making a contribution, I will send an email to you to record your vote.

So far its a toss up between the Wedge Configuration #2 and the Canted Configuration #2.

Again, thanks everyone for the kind words and support, its very much appreciated!

Lastly, I want to make it very clear that I have no intentions of maximizing a profit margin with these heads. If these heads make it to market, I plan on offering them at the cost of making the part with little to no profit margin. At most maybe 1% of the total. I believe its much more important to try to make these cylinder heads as accessible as possible than worry about turning a profit. I know, I know, its not a smart business decision, I'm crazy, its naive, etc etc.

I donated but it never allowed me to vote??> might want to fix that issue, so my vote is canted valve configuration #2

2000 Dakota R/T, 408 magnum, 727, Indy heads
1000cfm 4150 carb, 93 octane fuel.
motor; 10.258 @ 132.78
200 shot; 9.262 @ 144.69
racemagnum
Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: slammedR/T] #1806663
04/19/15 01:58 AM
04/19/15 01:58 AM
PA.
pittsburghracer Online work
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Online Work
"Little"John

PA.
I sure hope this works out for the younger crowd. Us old-timers have to make the best of what we have gathered up over the years. Good-luck and I really hope this takes off.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: sgcuda] #1806721
04/19/15 05:49 AM
04/19/15 05:49 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Originally Posted By sgcuda
Well, then call me crazy, but I feel that a stock block, wedge head with maybe a BBC exhaust port setup would be great for a(soon to return)weekend racer like me. I would like to be able to get hold of a decent header kit like hedmans that I can assemble to work with a modified front end, on a reasonable budget. I don't really need the expense of Kook's, World, Lenco, etc. Just want to go a little faster and have fun without the cost of a Prostock.
This just doesn't seem to make any sense at all. There are already plenty of heads that will make WAY more power than a stock block can handle, for a whole lot less money than these proposed heads will cost. So why would you buy an exotic head for a stock block.

Monte

Re: Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head Prototype Design Project [Re: Adrielp] #1806781
04/19/15 11:06 AM
04/19/15 11:06 AM
The Great White North
RAMM Offline
super stock
RAMM  Offline
super stock

The Great White North
Awesome project and that is a ton of work you have done in what looks like SolidWorks.

I would have no problem using a smaller runner version of these on a stock block in order to use a very mild cam/valvetrain low compression for cheap pump gas and STILL make big power. If big power is your game then available HP blocks are being produced soon as I understand it.

I don't see how design 2 will work without a custom cam core which drives associated costs up. I would choose design 1 even though the valve cover is not near as sexy as evenly spaced sparkplug holes.

Again config 1 in the wedge design is the most practical of the four.

I would change the exhaust pattern to Big Chev design and spacing so the really cheap bastards here (me) could adapt those header kits easily.

I say BRAVO! Why the heck not? J.Rob

2009 PHR\EMC Competitor
2010 PHR\EMC Competitor
2011 PHR\EMC Competitor
2012 PHR\EMC Competitor
2013 PHR\EMC Competitor
2014 HotRod/EMC Competitor
2015 HotRod/EMC NoShow
2016 HotRod/EMC 3rd place SPEC Bigblock
2018 HotRod/EMC 7th place G3
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3