MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Have not been on in a few days and read this and now I feel much better. That has to be some of the funniest stuff I have seen here in a long time MrMopar..

It's on par with the thread where he argued with mccandlessboy about turbo street cars. He was boastful because he once owned a turbo Vette, that is till he realized who mccandlessboy's dad was, then his tone changed.

I steel own that Corvette would you like to race it with your street car? You like to run your mouth what about putting your $$$ where your mouth is and line up beside it and race!

PS I have a race-car also if you call a little Bracket Car a Race-Car but never the Less Put your $$$ up and line up beside it.

Last edited by MRMOPAR622; 10/08/14 05:29 PM.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: Al_Alguire] #1681460
10/08/14 05:27 PM
10/08/14 05:27 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Quote:

Have not been on in a few days and read this and now I feel much better. That has to be some of the funniest stuff I have seen here in a long time MrMopar..

Al I'm still waiting on your reply to race also....you still skeered?

PS are we having fun yet Al? Lets make our race for some Big $$$ I hear you have a new car,I also have a new car. I don't know about you but I'm having my most fun when I racing for Big $$$!

Last edited by MRMOPAR622; 10/08/14 05:44 PM.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1681461
10/08/14 05:40 PM
10/08/14 05:40 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
You do not want anything other than a Fuel Car that black track (spins) the tires all the way down the track up on the tires at the hit.

On door-cars & dragsters both you can control with air pressure how fast the it comes up on the tire.You want the tire to sqat,wad also called paddle to get the car off the line with out spinning.Unless you have way to much tire and there is no way you can spin them,the tire must have the winkle effect/look to hook up and get the car off the line.On a Hi-Horse-Power car hopefully by the 60' you can have it up on the tire with out fear of spinning.And you want it to come up on the tire with out any wheel spin what so ever.

Anyone who does not understand this needs to go to the track and watch a few of the higher horse=powered cars run.

Last edited by MRMOPAR622; 10/08/14 05:40 PM.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1681462
10/08/14 06:04 PM
10/08/14 06:04 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
by the 60'

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1681463
10/08/14 10:15 PM
10/08/14 10:15 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

You do not want anything other than a Fuel Car that black track (spins) the tires all the way down the track up on the tires at the hit.

On door-cars & dragsters both you can control with air pressure how fast the it comes up on the tire.You want the tire to sqat,wad also called paddle to get the car off the line with out spinning.Unless you have way to much tire and there is no way you can spin them,the tire must have the winkle effect/look to hook up and get the car off the line.On a Hi-Horse-Power car hopefully by the 60' you can have it up on the tire with out fear of spinning.And you want it to come up on the tire with out any wheel spin what so ever.

Anyone who does not understand this needs to go to the track and watch a few of the higher horse=powered cars run.

You need to take your own advice and watch some cars run..........because there is no other way to say it, except that you are DEAD WRONG.

I both tune and drive Pro-Mods....you "paddle" the tire early as you call it, you shake the doors off. No ifs ands or buts about it. You HAVE to get the car "on the tire" at the hit or you are done. On a GOOD run, we are usually 2500-2800 on shaft speed at a 1/4 second in. That's real early and if you think that tire is dead hooked at that wheelspeed, that early, you would be WAY wrong. When it "wisps" the tire for about 60ft is when it is REALLY fast.........but I digress. We only go .930 sixty foots in a 2600lb nitrous door car, so what do I know.

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: Monte_Smith] #1681464
10/09/14 03:46 AM
10/09/14 03:46 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Wheelspeed is king!!! Well if you wanna go fast anyway

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: Al_Alguire] #1681465
10/09/14 04:46 AM
10/09/14 04:46 AM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
I did the low air pressure squat/wad/paddle thing on a dragbike once. I will never do that again.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: Monte_Smith] #1681466
10/09/14 12:17 PM
10/09/14 12:17 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

You need to take your own advice and watch some cars run..........because there is no other way to say it, except that you are DEAD WRONG.

I both tune and drive Pro-Mods....you "paddle" the tire early as you call it, you shake the doors off. No ifs ands or buts about it. You HAVE to get the car "on the tire" at the hit or you are done. On a GOOD run, we are usually 2500-2800 on shaft speed at a 1/4 second in. That's real early and if you think that tire is dead hooked at that wheelspeed, that early, you would be WAY wrong. When it "wisps" the tire for about 60ft is when it is REALLY fast.........but I digress. We only go .930 sixty foots in a 2600lb nitrous door car, so what do I know.

Monte

Tell us a Western next Monte! I guess next month this time you will be telling us your Santa Clause!

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1681467
10/09/14 01:26 PM
10/09/14 01:26 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Tell us a Western next Monte! I guess next month this time you will be telling us your Santa Clause!

Not sure what you are eluding to........but I have spoken nothing but facts here. If you are referring to the 60ft number. That is what the Pro-Nitrous car I work with HAS BEEN in 60ft. Does it on a regular basis. When I worked with Chris Rini on his NMCA Pro-Street car, it also went .930 sixty foots. If you don't think these are legit door car numbers, maybe you should be doing a little research

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: Monte_Smith] #1681468
10/09/14 01:29 PM
10/09/14 01:29 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Monte don't waste your time...

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: Quicktree] #1681469
10/09/14 05:28 PM
10/09/14 05:28 PM
Between a rock & a hard place
C
cudadoug Offline
master
cudadoug  Offline
master
C

Between a rock & a hard place
Quote:

LOL...if you keep feeding the trolls, they keep on coming back.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: bigtimeauto] #1681470
10/09/14 06:02 PM
10/09/14 06:02 PM
Camp Point, IL
G
gofish Offline
mopar
gofish  Offline
mopar
G

Camp Point, IL
I have never ran a car capable of even 12 seconds and even I know what happens when tire pressure is too low and the tire does not turn fast enough to stay round at the launch.

Danny

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: cudadoug] #1681471
10/09/14 06:19 PM
10/09/14 06:19 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

LOL.........yeah I know but never considered this dude a troll. He says he has a dragster and a door car that are pretty fast, so you would assume he knows what it takes to get them down, because the stuff I am saying is like Chassis 101......................but you know what they say about assuming. Guess this proves that point...........LOL!!!

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: pittsburghracer] #1681472
10/10/14 07:24 AM
10/10/14 07:24 AM
Charlotte, NC
L
LSP Offline
pro stock
LSP  Offline
pro stock
L

Charlotte, NC
Quote:

Expect Jeg to leave this team soon as they are used to winning.

Anyway, back to Pro Stock -

Not sure where Jeg could go?

Maybe Connelly's ride?

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: Monte_Smith] #1681473
10/10/14 12:50 PM
10/10/14 12:50 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

because the stuff I am saying is like Chassis 101......................but you know what

Monte

Monte,the stuff you are quoting out of a book might look good on paper but that does not mean it will work at the track.You do understand we race on the Track not on paper!

When I need help I had much rather somebody that has done it on the race-car at the track give me information...than someone qouting from a book!

That is like earlier when you were tuning Pro-Stockers from your Lap Top.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: Monte_Smith] #1681474
10/10/14 01:08 PM
10/10/14 01:08 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL.........yeah I know but never considered this dude a troll. He says he has a dragster and a door car that are pretty fast, so you would assume he knows what it takes to get them down, because the stuff I am saying is like Chassis 101......................but you know what they say about assuming. Guess this proves that point...........LOL!!!

Monte

Monte I have a confession to make,I can't say the F word on here but surely by now you must know I am just having fun with you.We have a Big Laugh here at the shop at some of the stuff you say.The reason we do it yes I have help and know better than to let them have my pass-word to get on here.Remember the negative statement you made about Bracket Racing long ago,well this has all been Pay-Back!
At the start I did not like you but for some reason maybe because you are from AlaBama I have gotten to like you more that I understand you better.You are just as Crazy as the rest of us!

A while back on all of that Safety Suits and Rules that you got so cranked up on....did you really think they would let me Race with out even a Safety Jacket!

The day that Racing is no longer Fun,I don't mind the hard work but when I no longer get any enjoyment out of it I will quit!

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1681475
10/10/14 01:09 PM
10/10/14 01:09 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

because the stuff I am saying is like Chassis 101......................but you know what

Monte

Monte,the stuff you are quoting out of a book might look good on paper but that does not mean it will work at the track.You do understand we race on the Track not on paper!

When I need help I had much rather somebody that has done it on the race-car at the track give me information...than someone qouting from a book!

That is like earlier when you were tuning Pro-Stockers from your Lap Top.

Dude...........I have tuned on fast door cars for years..........like 5 second 1/4 mile door cars......... I also work with Top Dragster and Top Sportsman cars on a weekly basis. When I was working with Chris Rini, we were the FIRST EVER powerglide equipped nitrous car to run in the 5 sec zone, EVER. FIRST EVER car in the 5s in NMCA history. Look it up..... Went to every ADRL race for years and it wasn't to watch. Tuned on Thomas Meyers, Randy Weatherford and others cars. Was at Bowling Green a couple months back with a group of 10 fast dragsters and door cars. Going to Oklahoma in two weeks for a private test session with a big tire car. Chads Buick, is the quickest stock suspension nitrous car in the country. Just went 1.09...2.83...4.23 on radials at 2775lbs...look it up. I KNOW what works. No theory involved.......You don't want to listen or accept that.....fine, I don't really care. You do it your way and the guys I help will be FAST and we will call it a day

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: Monte_Smith] #1681476
10/10/14 01:49 PM
10/10/14 01:49 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Payback......LOL!!!.......how you figure? If you think I give anything posted here to me or about me more than a passing thought, you would be wrong. I could really care less. And I didn't say anything negative about bracket racing OR bracket racers....YOU just took it that way. Told you before, I bracket raced myself for years and have the track championship trophys and jackets to prove it.

And as far as debating with you when you post bad information, again it has nothing to do with YOU. It has to do with others who read these threads looking for info or advice. So if you or anyone else post something I feel is wrong or bad advice, I will speak up. Has nothing to do with arguing with you, because you are a grown up and can do whatever you want. Makes no difference to me.

To hot for you (that's what you claimed) to wear all the required safety gear, that's fine, I don't care, it's YOUR azz. All I quoted what WHAT THE RULES ARE. If you want to drive your car with shorts and no shirt (which I have seen some dragster guys do at outlaw tracks) that's fine, I could care less, but that NOT what the RULES are.

I am NOT PC or prone to sugar coat stuff. I don't beat around the bush. I just post it straight forward. Others don't care for that, fine, don't care about that either. We are grown men. You post your opinion, I will post mine, call it a day and I don't worry about it any more.

I don't know you, never met you and don't have anything against you personally. Just don't agree with some of the things you say. Which is my right, same as it is your right not to agree with what I say. At the end of the day, it is what it is. An internet message board. Nothing more, nothing less.

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: Monte_Smith] #1681477
10/10/14 01:52 PM
10/10/14 01:52 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Monte,when are you going to have your own car running again and be doing all your own work on it as well as driving yourself?Not what everyone else has done.What the hold up on your car with all that so called tuning advice they pay you to do you should have plenty of $$$ to finish it!Unless you are not getting paid or paid very little!

You are right I have and will always do things my way that is why up until the last 2 years I had no Sponsors.And would never try and tell you or no one else how or what to do unless ask or provoked!

Last edited by MRMOPAR622; 10/11/14 01:05 AM.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1681478
10/10/14 02:54 PM
10/10/14 02:54 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Monte,when are you going to have your own car running again and be doing all your own work on it as well as driving yourself?Not what everyone else has done.

You are right I have and will always do things my way that is why up until the last 2 years I had no Sponsors.And would never try and tell you or no one else how or what to do unless ask or provoked!

When funds allow on my own car.

As far as working, tuning and driving others cars.......doubt they would be calling and paying me to do so, unless they thought I could help them.

People on this thread are clamoring for Jim Yates......why? Its NOT because they want him to drive or own the car, its because they think he can help on the setup and tuning. Paid tuners have trickled down from the Pro ranks. Don't see anybody questioning Steve Petty, Billy Stocklin or others about why they don't have their own car. You say you are into big dollar grudge racing. I go to those events quite often. I see paid tuners everywhere. Do you ask THEM why they don't have a car.

So bottom line is, I don't have the MONEY to build exactly what I would like to have. But that has absolutely no bearing on if I know how to make it work and run or not.

When I quit driving my own car and started tuning for others, I thought I would hate it, because I do love to drive. But there is definitely an inherent satisfaction in being able to help a guy make his stuff work better or run faster. Especially if you know that same guy has struggled or had several try and help him before. Plus working on a multitude of different type cars, just increases your database of knowledge. Many times you learn things on cars, that you can apply to others. Have also had owners that would allow me to try any crazy idea I had ever wanted to. Some don't work, but many do. That is just more knowledge you gain.

I am at the track about 26 events a year working on all types of cars, have been racing myself for 35 years and actually AT the track my whole life. But still, I learn SOMETHING nearly every time I go to the track and work on a car.

Even at SGMP with Chads car. Had something happen that had NEVER happened to me in all my years of racing. But we tore the motor down, found it, fixed it, went out and ran a career best. So I learned something that can be handy in the future to someone else

Monte

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4