Moparts

The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast.

Posted By: pittsburghracer

The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/03/14 11:33 PM

Calling Jim Yates, calling Jim Yates.

Fri, 03 Oct 2014, 17:27 PM

Pro Stock Qualifying, Session #2 Order

MOHNTON, Pa. - Order after 2 rounds of qualifying in Pro Stock at the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, 30th annual Auto-Plus NHRA Nationals:

Psn---Num-Driver, Home Town, Car Type---------------Qual-ET--Qual-Spd-Top Spd

1 6 Erica Enders-Stevens, New Orleans LA, '14 Cama 6.513 211.76 211.76
2 11 Shane Gray, Mooresville NC, '14 Camaro 6.521 211.43 211.59
3 13 Jonathan Gray, Mooresville NC, '14 Camaro 6.541 210.97 211.06
4 1 Jeg Coughlin, Delaware OH, '14 Dart 6.542 211.20 211.30
5 154 Vincent Nobile, Dix Hills NY, '14 Camaro 6.554 211.36 211.36
6 3 Jason Line, Mooresville NC, '14 Camaro 6.554 210.87 211.06
7 7 V. Gaines, Lakewood CO, '14 Avenger 6.557 210.77 211.00
8 51 Dave Connolly, Mooresville NC, '14 Camaro 6.557 210.67 210.93
9 8 Greg Anderson, Mooresville NC, '14 Camaro 6.558 210.77 210.93
10 19 Richie Stevens, New Orleans LA, '13 Camaro 6.562 210.77 211.56
11 10 Rodger Brogdon, Tomball TX, '13 Camaro 6.589 209.23 210.64
12 12 Larry Morgan, Newark OH, '13 Mustang 6.610 209.49 209.49

------------ Not Qualified ------------

13 128 John Gaydosh Jr, Baltimore MD, '09 GXP 6.618 209.30 209.79
14 150 Kenny Delco, Setauket NY, '10 Cobalt 6.635 208.55 208.55
15 102 Frank Gugliotta, Mount Airey MD, '12 Mustang 6.719 202.64 202.64
16 321 Travis Mazza, Fort Lauderdale FL, '14 Mustang 6.731 202.39 202.39
17 1465 Val Smeland, Shirley NY, '10 Cobalt 6.855 201.79 201.79
18 2 Allen Johnson, Greeneville TN, '14 Dart 7.313 136.23 136.23
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 12:22 AM

Mopars usually make pretty good power at the Grove the few times I've been up there....now whether they can get it to the ground....well

Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 12:27 AM

Exactly what NHRA wants. An all Chevlut race. There are mo other fans as far ad NHRA is concerned. So what does it matter. Sorry but I quit watching NHRA years ago... Rant over.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 12:30 AM

Havent seen AJ make a clean launch this whole year.
Posted By: 440dart

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 01:20 AM

Quote:

Havent seen AJ make a clean launch this whole year.

This is true, the Dart is giving them fits!!!
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 01:24 AM

Don't know why anyone would be surprised.........I mean there are only 3 there total and factory support, as compared to GM is non existent. There is no incentive for teams to field a Mopar

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 01:31 AM

Quote:

Don't know why anyone would be surprised.........I mean there are only 3 there total and factory support, as compared to GM is non existent. There is no incentive for teams to field a Mopar

Monte

Mopar pride Monte, Mopar pride. almost 40 years for me and I'll NEVER change. I don't think Roy will either. Gooooo Mopar.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 02:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Mopar pride Monte, Mopar pride. almost 40 years for me and I'll NEVER change. I don't think Roy will either. Gooooo Mopar.

I have ran MOPAR for 40 years too,,,,you haven't seen my name in any headlines anywhere either have you??!! Larry Morgan has ran about anything that has a brand name on it and he is doing something different soon too..
Posted By: RV2

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 02:39 AM

Quote:

Monte

As far as factory support goes, look what happened to Warren and Kurt.
They are non existent

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 03:13 AM

Something is going on because EE has been acting like she is the 2014 champion since 2013.
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 03:20 AM

Quote:

Monte

Yeah...
How is that switch working out for Nobile? Can't believe he thought he had a better chance of getting comparable power in the countdown from Anderson than he did from Johnson.
Posted By: 300by500

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 03:49 AM

Two-thirds of the Mopar entries are qualified in the top half of the field, and I'm sure Johnson will be there before it's over.

That being said, those chebbies have picked up the pace considerably this year...
Posted By: 383man

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 05:44 AM

I still watch Pro Stock but I am loosing interest fast. Its not like the days of the factory wars as they are long gone and so is the Pro Stock car that even remotely looks like a factory car or has an eng in it with a factory part. I know thats the world we live in today with all aftermarket engines and all but it was nice when you could tell Sox was driving a Cuda or Duster and the eng actually looked like a 426 Hemi. I did love them days. Today to me most all of the Pro cars are like generic race cars as they all look the same and its hard to tell a GM from a Mopar. I used to enjoy routing for the car (Mopar of course) and not the driver when you could tell which one was the Mopar. But as was said the Mopars are usually still in the top half the field which means they have as much a chance to win as any Pro Stock car. Ron
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 07:27 AM

believe "naturally aspirated funny car" is the class description you're looking for Ron.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 07:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Loyalty if fine, but Pro-Stock racing is a BUSINESS. If Mopar pulled the plug on AJ, do you think they would quit, or race out of their own pocket if another brand offered them a deal..........not likely on either count. These guys get paid to race and represent their sponsor. The money they win is chump change compared to the investment. All about sponsor dollars. Has very little to do with what YOU want to do. Has to do with what the SPONSOR wants you to do.

Who ever would have thought Corda would be racing anything but a Mopar, but here we are

Monte
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 08:27 AM

Rumor has it that Yàtes salary was being paid by the lease money from Nobile. When he went away, no more money to pay Yates.

Ms. Enders may think she's the champ, but I bet there are some Gray cars that think differently.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 12:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Loyalty if fine, but Pro-Stock racing is a BUSINESS. If Mopar pulled the plug on AJ, do you think they would quit, or race out of their own pocket if another brand offered them a deal..........not likely on either count. These guys get paid to race and represent their sponsor. The money they win is chump change compared to the investment. All about sponsor dollars. Has very little to do with what YOU want to do. Has to do with what the SPONSOR wants you to do.

Who ever would have thought Corda would be racing anything but a Mopar, but here we are

Monte

I was told Corda switched because the parts just weren't easy to get. Another comment he made was it is much easier to tune from a laptop!

Let face it gang, we are dinosaurs. There is an asteroid on the way and we have brains the size of walnuts
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 04:19 PM

actually Monte AJ and family started and did race out of pocket for many years as they are Mopar enthusists. Would they continue in today's market.... who knows.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 05:48 PM

Quote:

actually Monte AJ and family started and did race out of pocket for many years as they are Mopar enthusists. Would they continue in today's market.... who knows.

Of course they did, everybody started that way. I have pictures of Roy Johnson's car from the 70s, when my dad also ran Super Stock.............Modern racing, on the Pro-Stock level, and be competitive, out of your pocket......not a chance in hell

Monte
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 07:15 PM

"Let face it gang, we are dinosaurs"
Hit it on the nail, we still live in the glory years when you rooted for mopar(didn't matter who the driver was). There is no "cause" anymore, money killed every sport, take your pick. I'll keep racing my old stuff that says mopar in big letters. Just dial in a number and enjoy. There will allways be someone faster and slower then me so who cares.And frankly i can't tell what brand the car is in either pro stock, funny car or Nascar.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 07:23 PM

Quote:

Calling Jim Yates, calling Jim Yates.

Yates was there yesterday but who he was helping out I don't know. Jeg made two pretty clean passes back to back unfortunately he did not pick-up on his second pass as most did...Allen spun the tires quickly and was out of the groove both times. Hopefully he can get it down the track today.
Chris Mcgahee(sp?) did not even bother showing up to the event with Mike Edwards first class high dollar operation. His whole season was a joke and I am guessing he is thinking he should of kept his mouth shut about why he made the switch,he may have had more success....Just shows he can't compete in a Dodge or a Chevy.
Posted By: poboyengineering

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/04/14 11:10 PM

I just checked, and we are up to 3,4 &6 but EE has .02 on the field.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/05/14 12:25 AM

Yates is helping Kenny Delco.

Go AJ!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/05/14 11:02 PM

you ready to eat those words yet there pitsburger?

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/05/14 11:09 PM

Quote:

you ready to eat those words yet there pitsburger?

Ohhhh no I'm not.
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/06/14 02:18 AM

mother mopar has burned aj on more than a few occasions over the years,and he still stays with the pentastar,as far as EE, i think she slips a couple vagasils in everybodys fuel cells on race day....
Posted By: BBR

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/06/14 04:39 AM

Deaaaamnnnn. .000 light!
Posted By: HOT IN AZ

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/06/14 05:01 AM

#1 You can't win races if you don't make it down the track!!
Posted By: David Hakim

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/06/14 01:48 PM

AJ was going for his 5th win of the season until his HEMI Dart Pro Stocker tried to rotate the earth and rattled the Goodyears on that final round.

Attached picture 8292231-AJ_final_003.jpg

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/06/14 02:12 PM

Continued 60 foot issues. PLEASE come back Jim Yates.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/06/14 02:13 PM

How long has the the Johnsons been out of pro stock? (warren and kurt)
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 04:57 AM

i believe 2012 was the johnsons last hurrah[warren and son},was that pic aj reinstalling his eyeballs after the tire shake?
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 05:05 AM

Quote:

But weren't many of the other Pro Stock match-ups decided by traction/tire shake as well?

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 05:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

But weren't many of the other Pro Stock match-ups decided by traction/tire shake as well?

Its been an issue all season. I follow Pro Stock each and every race watching it usually twice on ESPN3 and then later on ESPN2.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 05:54 AM

Yea, I don't think it's just AJ. It doesn't make for a good show or a fair race.

A pet peeve of mine is getting beat by the track rather than the opponent. People pay good money to race as well as watch. Track conditions should be better than it has been.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 06:47 AM

Tire shake, especially early is usually caused by too LITTLE wheelspeed and it tries to stick the tire instead of jump up on it. If that is the case, be hard to blame that on track prep. That is setup

Believe it or not, it is HARD to make enough wheelspeed in a Pro Stocker to snap it right up on the tire. Not much torque and a tiny tuning window, because it is mostly done with gearing.

Monte
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 06:53 AM

Quote:

Tire shake, especially early is usually caused by too LITTLE wheelspeed and it tries to stick the tire instead of jump up on it. If that is the case, be hard to blame that on track prep. That is setup

Believe it or not, it is HARD to make enough wheelspeed in a Pro Stocker to snap it right up on the tire. Not much torque and a tiny tuning window, because it is mostly done with gearing.

Monte

track was fine, a bunch just missed the setup due to how good the track actually was.
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 05:12 PM

Quote:

Yea, I don't think it's just AJ. It doesn't make for a good show or a fair race.

A pet peeve of mine is getting beat by the track rather than the opponent. People pay good money to race as well as watch. Track conditions should be better than it has been.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 05:13 PM

Quote:

Monte

I disagree!

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 05:20 PM

You disagree with what???.......If it is shaking it is trying to "stick" the tire

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 05:38 PM

Quote:

You disagree with what???.......If it is shaking it is trying to "stick" the tire

Monte

hmmm are we going to learn something new here?

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 05:56 PM

Too much air pressure.
Posted By: gofish

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 06:13 PM

There is a pretty thin line between bogging the motor, shaking and blowing the tires off on Pro Stocks, it is more than just the driver doing their job.

Danny

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 06:36 PM

Nothing, I repeat NOTHING on this planet, even a Top Fuel car, will blow the tire smooth off at the hit........NOW, if you underpower and over bite the tire early, it will slam the tire so hard that the car immediately jumps straight back up in the air and gives the appearance of an immediate "blow off" but this is NOT what really happened. They show this over and over on the super slo mo deal and Dunn always talks about it. Bottom line, if the car is shaking, it is trying to "stick" the tire.......period, end of story

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/07/14 11:11 PM

Quote:

Monte

I disagree with what you said about the Track being to good.What Mike Dunn said about the TF/D & TF/FC had nothing to do with the Pro-Stock cars!The track was either not good enough or not prepped good enough.The ProStock Guys & Girls are just to smart for that many to have missing the set up.They have had problems at a few more tracks this year as well.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 12:35 AM

You should put on your listening eyes. Monte is telling you a FACT and you are refusing to get it.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 01:00 AM

Quote:

You should put on your listening eyes. Monte is telling you a FACT and you are refusing to get it.

tire shake is not caused by a bad track even in top fuel.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 03:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

I disagree with what you said about the Track being to good.What Mike Dunn said about the TF/D & TF/FC had nothing to do with the Pro-Stock cars!The track was either not good enough or not prepped good enough.The ProStock Guys & Girls are just to smart for that many to have missing the set up.They have had problems at a few more tracks this year as well.

Ummm.......ok.........whatever you say. Car after car rattled the doors off and the track is slick?...........okie dokie

Having actually run a clutch car before, this happens often. You FORECAST how good you think the track will be for the next round and set the gearing, base and counter accordingly, then go to the lanes. If several cars ahead of you shake, about your only recourse once in the lanes is more launch rpm, add counter to "get after it" or remove counter and hope to slip it through. Either is a crap shoot. But Pro-Stocks don't run much counter generally, so if you missed the setup badly, it is hard to fix in the lanes. The fact that SEVERAL cars missed the setup and shook, tells me the track was MUCH better that round than previous. 5 minutes of cloud cover on the track will WRECK the setup in a Pro-Stocker. The window is THAT tight. Everybody thinks big tire high HP cars are "easy".........NOTHING could be further from the truth

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 05:14 AM

If the track is good the tires can't spin and if the tires can't spin they can't shake!I have been Racing long enough with High Horse-Power cars both Dragster & Door-Cars to know that.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 05:28 AM

Quote:

If the track is good the tires can't spin and if the tires can't spin they can't shake!I have been Racing long enough with High Horse-Power cars both Dragster & Door-Cars to know that.

You can't be serious about that quote..............this has to be a joke?

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 05:33 AM

Quote:

wow is all I have
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 06:38 AM

Quote:

Yates is helping Kenny Delco.

Go AJ!!!!!!!!!!

That was good to see. 90'S pro stock flash back right there!

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 06:39 AM

I don't care what you guys say. When (jim yates) came on board the team started winning. Getting the power to the track whether low or high is making 60 foot times. I won't dis Monte because he's been in this game but something is missing. I hope they get their act together but I don't think the people in place right now can do it. Expect Jeg to leave this team soon as they are used to winning.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 06:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

wow is all I have

Well, you asked above were we gonna learn something new here.........there's your answer........LOL!!!

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 06:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

wow is all I have

I'm in on the "wow" as well. Followed by "What the....?"

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 06:50 AM

Connolly said he underestimated conditions and didn't put enough clutch in it.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 03:42 PM

Quote:

Connolly said he underestimated conditions and didn't put enough clutch in it.

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

track was fine, a bunch just missed the setup due to how good the track actually was.

hmmmmmmm
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 07:09 PM

Quote:

Having actually run a clutch car before, this happens often. You FORECAST how good you think the track will be for the next round and set the gearing, base and counter accordingly, then go to the lanes. If several cars ahead of you shake, about your only recourse once in the lanes is more launch rpm, add counter to "get after it" or remove counter and hope to slip it through. Either is a crap shoot. But Pro-Stocks don't run much counter generally, so if you missed the setup badly, it is hard to fix in the lanes. The fact that SEVERAL cars missed the setup and shook, tells me the track was MUCH better that round than previous. 5 minutes of cloud cover on the track will WRECK the setup in a Pro-Stocker. The window is THAT tight. Everybody thinks big tire high HP cars are "easy".........NOTHING could be further from the truth

Monte

Can you do anything with tire pressure if you don't have the luxury of changing the clutch setup? Lowering it, maybe?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 07:32 PM

Have not been on in a few days and read this and now I feel much better. That has to be some of the funniest stuff I have seen here in a long time MrMopar..
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 08:27 PM

Quote:

Have not been on in a few days and read this and now I feel much better. That has to be some of the funniest stuff I have seen here in a long time MrMopar..

It's on par with the thread where he argued with mccandlessboy about turbo street cars. He was boastful because he once owned a turbo Vette, that is till he realized who mccandlessboy's dad was, then his tone changed.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 09:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's on par with the thread where he argued with mccandlessboy about turbo street cars. He was boastful because he once owned a turbo Vette, that is till he realized who mccandlessboy's dad was, then his tone changed.

I steel own that Corvette would you like to race it with your street car? You like to run your mouth what about putting your $$$ where your mouth is and line up beside it and race!

PS I have a race-car also if you call a little Bracket Car a Race-Car but never the Less Put your $$$ up and line up beside it.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 09:27 PM

Quote:

Al I'm still waiting on your reply to race also....you still skeered?

PS are we having fun yet Al? Lets make our race for some Big $$$ I hear you have a new car,I also have a new car. I don't know about you but I'm having my most fun when I racing for Big $$$!

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 09:40 PM

You do not want anything other than a Fuel Car that black track (spins) the tires all the way down the track up on the tires at the hit.

On door-cars & dragsters both you can control with air pressure how fast the it comes up on the tire.You want the tire to sqat,wad also called paddle to get the car off the line with out spinning.Unless you have way to much tire and there is no way you can spin them,the tire must have the winkle effect/look to hook up and get the car off the line.On a Hi-Horse-Power car hopefully by the 60' you can have it up on the tire with out fear of spinning.And you want it to come up on the tire with out any wheel spin what so ever.

Anyone who does not understand this needs to go to the track and watch a few of the higher horse=powered cars run.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/08/14 10:04 PM

by the 60'

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/09/14 02:15 AM

Quote:

You do not want anything other than a Fuel Car that black track (spins) the tires all the way down the track up on the tires at the hit.

On door-cars & dragsters both you can control with air pressure how fast the it comes up on the tire.You want the tire to sqat,wad also called paddle to get the car off the line with out spinning.Unless you have way to much tire and there is no way you can spin them,the tire must have the winkle effect/look to hook up and get the car off the line.On a Hi-Horse-Power car hopefully by the 60' you can have it up on the tire with out fear of spinning.And you want it to come up on the tire with out any wheel spin what so ever.

Anyone who does not understand this needs to go to the track and watch a few of the higher horse=powered cars run.

You need to take your own advice and watch some cars run..........because there is no other way to say it, except that you are DEAD WRONG.

I both tune and drive Pro-Mods....you "paddle" the tire early as you call it, you shake the doors off. No ifs ands or buts about it. You HAVE to get the car "on the tire" at the hit or you are done. On a GOOD run, we are usually 2500-2800 on shaft speed at a 1/4 second in. That's real early and if you think that tire is dead hooked at that wheelspeed, that early, you would be WAY wrong. When it "wisps" the tire for about 60ft is when it is REALLY fast.........but I digress. We only go .930 sixty foots in a 2600lb nitrous door car, so what do I know.

Monte
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/09/14 07:46 AM

Wheelspeed is king!!! Well if you wanna go fast anyway

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/09/14 08:46 AM

I did the low air pressure squat/wad/paddle thing on a dragbike once. I will never do that again.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/09/14 04:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You need to take your own advice and watch some cars run..........because there is no other way to say it, except that you are DEAD WRONG.

I both tune and drive Pro-Mods....you "paddle" the tire early as you call it, you shake the doors off. No ifs ands or buts about it. You HAVE to get the car "on the tire" at the hit or you are done. On a GOOD run, we are usually 2500-2800 on shaft speed at a 1/4 second in. That's real early and if you think that tire is dead hooked at that wheelspeed, that early, you would be WAY wrong. When it "wisps" the tire for about 60ft is when it is REALLY fast.........but I digress. We only go .930 sixty foots in a 2600lb nitrous door car, so what do I know.

Monte

Tell us a Western next Monte! I guess next month this time you will be telling us your Santa Clause!

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/09/14 05:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Tell us a Western next Monte! I guess next month this time you will be telling us your Santa Clause!

Not sure what you are eluding to........but I have spoken nothing but facts here. If you are referring to the 60ft number. That is what the Pro-Nitrous car I work with HAS BEEN in 60ft. Does it on a regular basis. When I worked with Chris Rini on his NMCA Pro-Street car, it also went .930 sixty foots. If you don't think these are legit door car numbers, maybe you should be doing a little research

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/09/14 05:29 PM

Monte don't waste your time...

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/09/14 09:28 PM

Quote:

LOL...if you keep feeding the trolls, they keep on coming back.
Posted By: gofish

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/09/14 10:02 PM

I have never ran a car capable of even 12 seconds and even I know what happens when tire pressure is too low and the tire does not turn fast enough to stay round at the launch.

Danny

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/09/14 10:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

LOL.........yeah I know but never considered this dude a troll. He says he has a dragster and a door car that are pretty fast, so you would assume he knows what it takes to get them down, because the stuff I am saying is like Chassis 101......................but you know what they say about assuming. Guess this proves that point...........LOL!!!

Monte
Posted By: LSP

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/10/14 11:24 AM

Quote:

Expect Jeg to leave this team soon as they are used to winning.

Anyway, back to Pro Stock -

Not sure where Jeg could go?

Maybe Connelly's ride?

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/10/14 04:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

because the stuff I am saying is like Chassis 101......................but you know what

Monte

Monte,the stuff you are quoting out of a book might look good on paper but that does not mean it will work at the track.You do understand we race on the Track not on paper!

When I need help I had much rather somebody that has done it on the race-car at the track give me information...than someone qouting from a book!

That is like earlier when you were tuning Pro-Stockers from your Lap Top.

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/10/14 05:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL.........yeah I know but never considered this dude a troll. He says he has a dragster and a door car that are pretty fast, so you would assume he knows what it takes to get them down, because the stuff I am saying is like Chassis 101......................but you know what they say about assuming. Guess this proves that point...........LOL!!!

Monte

Monte I have a confession to make,I can't say the F word on here but surely by now you must know I am just having fun with you.We have a Big Laugh here at the shop at some of the stuff you say.The reason we do it yes I have help and know better than to let them have my pass-word to get on here.Remember the negative statement you made about Bracket Racing long ago,well this has all been Pay-Back!
At the start I did not like you but for some reason maybe because you are from AlaBama I have gotten to like you more that I understand you better.You are just as Crazy as the rest of us!

A while back on all of that Safety Suits and Rules that you got so cranked up on....did you really think they would let me Race with out even a Safety Jacket!

The day that Racing is no longer Fun,I don't mind the hard work but when I no longer get any enjoyment out of it I will quit!

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/10/14 05:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

because the stuff I am saying is like Chassis 101......................but you know what

Monte

Monte,the stuff you are quoting out of a book might look good on paper but that does not mean it will work at the track.You do understand we race on the Track not on paper!

When I need help I had much rather somebody that has done it on the race-car at the track give me information...than someone qouting from a book!

That is like earlier when you were tuning Pro-Stockers from your Lap Top.

Dude...........I have tuned on fast door cars for years..........like 5 second 1/4 mile door cars......... I also work with Top Dragster and Top Sportsman cars on a weekly basis. When I was working with Chris Rini, we were the FIRST EVER powerglide equipped nitrous car to run in the 5 sec zone, EVER. FIRST EVER car in the 5s in NMCA history. Look it up..... Went to every ADRL race for years and it wasn't to watch. Tuned on Thomas Meyers, Randy Weatherford and others cars. Was at Bowling Green a couple months back with a group of 10 fast dragsters and door cars. Going to Oklahoma in two weeks for a private test session with a big tire car. Chads Buick, is the quickest stock suspension nitrous car in the country. Just went 1.09...2.83...4.23 on radials at 2775lbs...look it up. I KNOW what works. No theory involved.......You don't want to listen or accept that.....fine, I don't really care. You do it your way and the guys I help will be FAST and we will call it a day

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/10/14 05:49 PM

Payback......LOL!!!.......how you figure? If you think I give anything posted here to me or about me more than a passing thought, you would be wrong. I could really care less. And I didn't say anything negative about bracket racing OR bracket racers....YOU just took it that way. Told you before, I bracket raced myself for years and have the track championship trophys and jackets to prove it.

And as far as debating with you when you post bad information, again it has nothing to do with YOU. It has to do with others who read these threads looking for info or advice. So if you or anyone else post something I feel is wrong or bad advice, I will speak up. Has nothing to do with arguing with you, because you are a grown up and can do whatever you want. Makes no difference to me.

To hot for you (that's what you claimed) to wear all the required safety gear, that's fine, I don't care, it's YOUR azz. All I quoted what WHAT THE RULES ARE. If you want to drive your car with shorts and no shirt (which I have seen some dragster guys do at outlaw tracks) that's fine, I could care less, but that NOT what the RULES are.

I am NOT PC or prone to sugar coat stuff. I don't beat around the bush. I just post it straight forward. Others don't care for that, fine, don't care about that either. We are grown men. You post your opinion, I will post mine, call it a day and I don't worry about it any more.

I don't know you, never met you and don't have anything against you personally. Just don't agree with some of the things you say. Which is my right, same as it is your right not to agree with what I say. At the end of the day, it is what it is. An internet message board. Nothing more, nothing less.

Monte

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/10/14 05:52 PM

Monte,when are you going to have your own car running again and be doing all your own work on it as well as driving yourself?Not what everyone else has done.What the hold up on your car with all that so called tuning advice they pay you to do you should have plenty of $$$ to finish it!Unless you are not getting paid or paid very little!

You are right I have and will always do things my way that is why up until the last 2 years I had no Sponsors.And would never try and tell you or no one else how or what to do unless ask or provoked!

Re: The Dodge pro-stocks are going down-hill fast. - 10/10/14 06:54 PM

Quote:

Monte,when are you going to have your own car running again and be doing all your own work on it as well as driving yourself?Not what everyone else has done.

You are right I have and will always do things my way that is why up until the last 2 years I had no Sponsors.And would never try and tell you or no one else how or what to do unless ask or provoked!

When funds allow on my own car.

As far as working, tuning and driving others cars.......doubt they would be calling and paying me to do so, unless they thought I could help them.

People on this thread are clamoring for Jim Yates......why? Its NOT because they want him to drive or own the car, its because they think he can help on the setup and tuning. Paid tuners have trickled down from the Pro ranks. Don't see anybody questioning Steve Petty, Billy Stocklin or others about why they don't have their own car. You say you are into big dollar grudge racing. I go to those events quite often. I see paid tuners everywhere. Do you ask THEM why they don't have a car.

So bottom line is, I don't have the MONEY to build exactly what I would like to have. But that has absolutely no bearing on if I know how to make it work and run or not.

When I quit driving my own car and started tuning for others, I thought I would hate it, because I do love to drive. But there is definitely an inherent satisfaction in being able to help a guy make his stuff work better or run faster. Especially if you know that same guy has struggled or had several try and help him before. Plus working on a multitude of different type cars, just increases your database of knowledge. Many times you learn things on cars, that you can apply to others. Have also had owners that would allow me to try any crazy idea I had ever wanted to. Some don't work, but many do. That is just more knowledge you gain.

I am at the track about 26 events a year working on all types of cars, have been racing myself for 35 years and actually AT the track my whole life. But still, I learn SOMETHING nearly every time I go to the track and work on a car.

Even at SGMP with Chads car. Had something happen that had NEVER happened to me in all my years of racing. But we tore the motor down, found it, fixed it, went out and ran a career best. So I learned something that can be handy in the future to someone else

Monte
© 2024 Moparts Forums