09/21/14 09:33 PM
09/21/14 09:33 PM
Alabama
Mopar-Al Offline
master
Mopar-Al  Offline
master

Alabama
Wow 6pk thanks for chiming in on all the questions you were asked straight up out front. You seem to enjoy just taking little bits of this post here n there to try to belittle some on here. I say so what. Who cares. Eventually there may be someone in the Mopar interest, that has the money to build produce something for the Mopar top runners. Most here on the site as a majority are handicapped racers. They race themselves to run a number. Some here run a class set number. Me myself, I have no money, and don't know nothing or anything about what it takes to build and race cars. I do know that when I get to go to the races, I get to see a sport that has been slowly dying, stands empty and a bunch of local dedicated people just having fun by running what they brung to win a little money on a saturday night or just get out with the guys and enjoy the sport. The ones that are posting on this topic, do have the money to buy what they want , it's just not there yet. ok So be it. What I just can't understand is who died and made you king biatch around here to just keep irritation going? The upper level racers will eventually get something handed down to them in the meantime, the rest are happy to have what we have to enjoy what drag racing was all about. Sooner or later there will be a cap and from what I see , most are going back to handicap racing anyways and enjoying the sport for what it used to be, having fun. The key to racing around here with what we have in any brand name is trying to get a win light with 2 time trials and going rounds to the end with your dial in on a window.

You just seem to be too irritating to post up on this board. It wasn't created to start trying to belittle anyone, it was to share our adventures and acomplishments on what we have to work with. Im not trying to bash you or anyone else, far from it. I enjoy a sport, and like to read what others have been doing with their projects on their budjets. Being the fastest and quickest isnt all that it's cracked up to be. Eventually you turn into a slave instead of loving what you like to do. If had enough money to build whatever I wanted, I would still be bracket racing. It's relaxing and brings out family n fun for the weekend.

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: Mopar-Al] #1673778
09/21/14 09:40 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
I think he's a keyboard racer and I surly hope he has more in his back pocket that the cars in his sig.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: camastomcat] #1673779
Monrovia, So-Cal, USA
racerhog Offline
mopar
racerhog  Offline
mopar

Monrovia, So-Cal, USA
So we all do the best we can with what we have, and thats it.....
We are the Dodge Brothers.....

Bob(Cowboy)Hogan
Monrovia So-Cal
Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: ] #1673780
09/22/14 12:34 AM
09/22/14 12:34 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The main disconnect here seems to be that the vast majority of Mopar guys are content to run motors in the 750 or so HP range. Be they bracket racers, test n tuners, stop racers, street guys or whatever. In that range parts are plentiful, cheaper and there seems to be no problem getting them..........Then you have a group of guys who want to make more power. They seem to have no problem ponying up the money for mega-blocks, Indy blocks, KB, B-1s etc, but parts are harder to get and a little more costly. The first group seems to have no problem with the second group.........Then comes the third group. The guys who want to make serious power and or be able to compete on a head to head basis with other brands and do it with Mopar power. This is the group that is always lamenting the fact that Mopar R&D and new parts is virtually non existant at this level and pointing out the fact that there are no parts to do what you want and none on the horizon. Some in group one seem to have a real problem with group three and want to label them "elitest" or some such other bullsh%t and call them not REAL Mopar guys because they complain about parts or choose to go other routes to accomplish what they want. They are content and can't seem to understand why others are not..........THAT is the problem. They only see it from their point of view

Monte

Guys like 6pakrunner think we are blaming other Mopar guys for the lack of parts, when in fact we are only pointing out that with the small percentage of Mopar guys interested in doing that type racing, that the ROI on developing such parts is just NOT there and NEVER will be. So blaming.......NO.......pointing out the obvious......yes. That is no knock on guys who are content to run 10s, just stating facts. Yet guys like him try and spin it and pit one group against another........which definitely does our hobby no good.

And then you get to the point that guys DO decide to move on in other directions and guys like him are quick to label us as "sellouts" and "not REAL Mopar guys", while in truth HE is the one who is a "sellout" because he is willing to abandon his fellow Moparites, because we are not doing it like he thinks we should and calls us "whiners"...........yeah, that always helps the situation

Monte

Wow, you must have forgotten what you wrote earlier.....YOU are the one putting people into "groups"...read your comments above....and of course you are at the top, since as you stated before, your are just "wired" that way, to go all out...be the fastest one at the track.....but it turns out you have been wired to not race for 15+ years...for the same reasons as many, i.e. life,kids,cash, etc.

And yes, you have put down and blamed Mopar guys...citing their "purple cam mentality" many times....claiming they don't buy enough blocks/parts...when the mega blocks are sold out !! And you haven't bought any !! LOL !

Even funnier, you haven't bought a set of Predators either !! LOL !

You did rebuild the engine in your daily driver challenger you said, but it probably got less than a "purple cam" ! LOL !

How do YOU know what I have ever bought dipsh%t.........answer, you DON'T. The last motor in my GTX was a B-1 headed, Mega-Block motor. I have purchased likely a dozen or so Mega-Blocks over the years, for my own or customer builds. Along with some INDY blocks and a couple KBs. Probably bought more B-1 and INDY castings than you have ever seen. I have built some Predator headed motors, but no, not for myself because the 4.800 bore space deal won't get it done for what I want to do. Steve Gill intended to do a 4.840 Predator and I told him I would take the first two sets he made, but that never came to fruition

The last motor I was building for my GTX, before they changed the rules in the class and totally obsoleted what I was doing before I finished it, was a custom Donovan low deck block, drilled for a set of Wayne County bolt pattern, 4.840 B-1 TS heads. The REASON I opted for the Donovan, Chevy based block, was because one of the current Mopar alum block makers had promised to make me a custom low deck block like I wanted, but after waiting over a year and NO progress made on it, I called Donovan and had one in 3 months. So I guess you are right......seems I have NEVER supported the hobby at all by buying, or TRYING to buy my share of higher end stuff. As a matter of fact, the TS heads are at Buck Racing Engines right now getting some updates and I have talked to Brodix about possibly building me a custom block for these heads. So why not use the Donovan you might ask......answer, because it was a custom 9.200 low deck, because the rules at the time were weight per cube and I was building a big bore short stroke motor. So that is a custom $6000 door stop that nobody else has any use for, along with a custom crank, rods, pistons, custom one off billet cam and hand made single 4 CAST intake, because the rules called for that. When you have that much money invested in a program and it gets obsoleted before you finish it, that kinda takes the wind out of your sails and especially your bank account........so THAT is the main reason the GTX hasn't seen the track in years

My plan is a 10.400 deck block with the TS heads and either 632 or 648 cubes. THAT is the motor that will eventually go into the GTX, but until that is finished, the 632 Chevy that I have sitting in the floor, that you seem to be butthurt about will be in the car until then.

And NO, the motor in my Challenger does NOT have a purple cam in it. Since I prefer stuff designed in this century, it has a custom ground hydraulic roller, alum heads, air, power steering and EFI.

So..........tell us what YOU have done to support the hobby there lately big boy.

Monte

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: Monte_Smith] #1673781
09/22/14 12:45 AM
09/22/14 12:45 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
And yes, I do define racers and hobbyists in "groups" and I doubt anyone but YOU has an issue with that. I would say bracket racers are a "group". Class racers are a "group". Heads up racers would be a "group". Resto guys would be a "group" and so on..........so exactly what is your issue with that. And believe it or not, some of us might be a part of MULTIPLE groups..........oh the horror of it. "Cats and Dogs" living together, oh its total anarchy...........LOL!!!

I considered putting you on ignore, just as Mr P and I am sure MANY others have, but you are just too much fun. The more you post, the more.........well, you know, or at least the rest of us do..........LOL!!!

Monte

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: Monte_Smith] #1673782
09/22/14 01:32 AM
09/22/14 01:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

And yes, I do define racers and hobbyists in "groups" and I doubt anyone but YOU has an issue with that. I would say bracket racers are a "group". Class racers are a "group". Heads up racers would be a "group". Resto guys would be a "group" and so on..........so exactly what is your issue with that. And believe it or not, some of us might be a part of MULTIPLE groups..........oh the horror of it. "Cats and Dogs" living together, oh its total anarchy...........LOL!!!

I considered putting you on ignore, just as Mr P and I am sure MANY others have, but you are just too much fun. The more you post, the more.........well, you know, or at least the rest of us do..........LOL!!!

Monte

You can't recall what you say from one post to the next...LOL...a month ago you said you hadn't raced in 15+ years because of life, kids, divorce, new houses, etc......now it's soley because you chose the wrong engine combo.....okkkk....and all these megablocks you have bought, you never mentioned before, have never mentioned having any other race car besides your GTX....

YOU have made it clear previously that you wouldn't waste your time/money on a Predator, or any 4.8 bs engine....Now you are claiming to ???? Try and stick to ONE story please.....

The last time that I know of that you entered a race, you whacked the throttle in reverse and backed into a guy in the staging lanes....

I have no problem with whatever engine you put in your GTX....never have....I am more interested in the cars like Gary Robbins has, very very impressive to me, and he probably talks the least, and just gits-r-dun...

My only issue with you, is your constantly belittling Mopar guys as cheap dinosaurs, for not buying the same parts you claim aren't good enough for you !! I find that ironic and hypocritical...

This whole post is because a few Mopar guys talked about how nice it would be to have blocks available priced similar to chevy blocks....and the bashing began....

Most of your posts are very interesting, straight to the point, make perfect sense.....

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: Monte_Smith] #1673783
09/22/14 02:08 AM
09/22/14 02:08 AM
jacksonville,FLORIDA
slammedR/T Offline
super stock
slammedR/T  Offline
super stock

jacksonville,FLORIDA
Maybe if Mopar guys had an option, they wouldn't go with a BBC motor?
I understand why a mopar guy would though, way cheaper way more support and even though I hate it I don't blame them. I will still cheer for the BBC mopar over all the other ford and chevy cars.

Also Monte, what about Kevin Mullins car? he is running a twin turbo Hemi like a 521 or something like that. He held the radial tire record for a while, twin turbo hemi mustang

Last edited by slammedR/T; 09/22/14 02:10 AM.

2000 Dakota R/T, 408 magnum, 727, Indy heads
1000cfm 4150 carb, 93 octane fuel.
motor; 10.258 @ 132.78
200 shot; 9.262 @ 144.69
racemagnum
Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: camastomcat] #1673784
09/22/14 02:21 AM
09/22/14 02:21 AM
Quebec, Canada
D
Diablo Offline
super stock
Diablo  Offline
super stock
D

Quebec, Canada
Quote:

Just wondering, what is the bore spacing on the pro stock hemi head? If someone was to make a tall deck block that would fit that head, would it be a viable option? As i see it, any way you slice it, it will "look" like a chevy engine regardless of what block gets put under the head.

If the pro stock hemi head would serve as a foundation for a big inch mopar engine, lets all get together and have someone start making blocks to fill the void.

I think the guy's name is Goodwin, and they make a billet block for a 5" bore spacing engine, which is what the Mopar pro stock program is built around. Diablo has what I believe is a 655" deal for sled pulling. I want to say it makes around 1350-1400, and the price tag is north of $75,000. He might chime in and correct me, but he will know. Al Alguire also ran 500 CI tamed hemi 99 deal in the 10.5" tire class, he can tell you about that.
That's the point. Al, Boat Racer 572, Steve Gill and I are now working with the predator combos. Boat Racer and Steve Gill, are the only ones I know, and I'm sure there are others although rare, doing it successfully. Indy is useless for information. I have in excess of $1000 just on head gaskets because as I said, Indy is useless with any information/help. If I didn't have help from the other names mentioned here and some I didn't, I might as well be doing this by scratch.
This is where my frustration comes from. Fact, I could have ordered a 665 12 degree GM style race application motor for around $40-45,000 with a dry sump making an easy 1400 + HP. If I needed help, I know at least ten people that have more information and knowledge than Indy, and are ready to help. And if I had my money back, that's what I would do. I've been a Mopar loyalist for over 40 years, but eventually enough is enough. So if or when I decide to sell this stuff and go the easy route, someone will get a sweet deal on this stuff and all the info they want.

Just to chime in Quickly, We have Ran a good chunk of engines over the past 7-8 years and our last two have come From Goodwin. We have done the refreshes to the engines but they were originally built by Goodwin. Both have been 5" Bore space 650ci engines. The first one used IHRA 5" Hemi heads which were blanks that Goodwin worked with. Goodwin used a cast Donovan 5" block for that engine. There are a few of the cast headed cast block Goodwin engines out there. Ours made mid 1400hp. I sold that to a Drag racer around Chicago. This season we Ran Goodwins 5" Billet engine. He developed the head and block but the main design idea was from the 99 head. They look and are a lot different then a Sonny or Schmidt Hemi head. Both head and block are Billet CNC'ed in house. Top notch engine and its been awhile since we had 100% faith in the engine each run. Could not say that back when we were running the B1-TS engines. The new Billet engines are over 1600hp now.

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: ] #1673785
09/22/14 02:38 AM
09/22/14 02:38 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Monte

You can't recall what you say from one post to the next...LOL...a month ago you said you hadn't raced in 15+ years because of life, kids, divorce, new houses, etc......now it's soley because you chose the wrong engine combo.....okkkk....and all these megablocks you have bought, you never mentioned before, have never mentioned having any other race car besides your GTX....

YOU have made it clear previously that you wouldn't waste your time/money on a Predator, or any 4.8 bs engine....Now you are claiming to ???? Try and stick to ONE story please.....

The last time that I know of that you entered a race, you whacked the throttle in reverse and backed into a guy in the staging lanes....

I have no problem with whatever engine you put in your GTX....never have....I am more interested in the cars like Gary Robbins has, very very impressive to me, and he probably talks the least, and just gits-r-dun...

My only issue with you, is your constantly belittling Mopar guys as cheap dinosaurs, for not buying the same parts you claim aren't good enough for you !! I find that ironic and hypocritical...

This whole post is because a few Mopar guys talked about how nice it would be to have blocks available priced similar to chevy blocks....and the bashing began....

Most of your posts are very interesting, straight to the point, make perfect sense.....

I recall EXACTLY what I say, it's just your attempts to pick and choose statements here and there to TRY and get your point across have you confused. I NEVER said I hadn't raced in 15 years. I SAID I hadn't raced my GTX in 15 years. I drive cars for other people all the time and always have. I also didn't realize I was required to keep you informed of what I do and don't, or buy and don't.

My engine combo was made obsolete by a rules change, so I would hardly call that choosing the wrong combo. Hard to know in the moment that the direction of a class will be totally changed BEFORE it happens. Then being out all that money, plus LIFE getting in the way.......NO, I couldn't afford at THAT time to start all over on a new combo, plus was a little disillusioned by the whole thing.

And NO, me personally I am NOT interested in building a stock 4.800 bore space Mopar RACE CAR motor for my own use in my GTX at this time.............but didn't realize I wasn't allowed to buy parts and build those motors for other people who want them or put them in my OTHER cars. I will be sure and check with you in the future and keep you abreast of what parts I buy, who for and what car they will be in.

I actually WAS going to build a 572 B-1 PSO motor for X275 racing like Gary does and actually ORDERED a complete set of heads more than two years ago from a shop. I built a new car for the class and had everything to build the motor EXCEPT the heads. STILL don't have those heads, so I got fed up waiting and with empty promises, somebody else wanted the car and the parts I had, so I moved it. Sorry I failed to keep you updated on that as well.

If you noticed, I was building a 4.840 bore space Mopar motor 15 years ago, so it would appear obvious, that for MY OWN desires, I was done with the 4.800 stuff a LONG time ago for MY OWN race car. But with X275 being popular and one of the FEW heads up classes a Mopar can be somewhat of a player, I was going to get in there but it didn't work out.

So after that, as stated, I decided to do something with the 4.840 parts I DO have and that is where I stand. But since I ain't made of money and the fact that these heads will require a custom block, with one off lifter bore spacing and head bolt pattern, plus a custom billet cam, custom intake etc, it's not like I can throw it together in a couple months...........plus I have this thing called a JOB that keeps me kinda busy helping OTHER people race their cars. I have 26 events on my schedule this year. That works out to every other weekend on the whole, in case math is not your strong suit.

And I NEVER said the current parts were not good enough for me.......WHAT I SAID WAS there are no current parts available for what I would like to build for my GTX............but feel free to spin that to make it sound however you like.

The Pro-Mod that backed into the guy behind me in the lanes, had a Lenco in it. If you KNEW anything about a Lenco equipped car, you would know that you fire it in neutral and put the car in reverse before putting it in forward, because reverse is synchronized and forward isn't. When I depressed the clutch and moved the reverser lever, it sheared an arm off the crossshaft and I essentially had no clutch. And since a blown car idles at around 2500, it lurched rearward. No "throttle whacking" required...........So it appears once again that you have NO CLUE as to what you speak.............but you keep on trying, you will eventually get one right............LOL!!

Oh yeah..........forgot. I won a local X275 race here a couple weeks ago driving a customers car that I was working on in the shop. Sorry I didn't tell you about that as well

Monte

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: Diablo] #1673786
09/22/14 02:49 AM
09/22/14 02:49 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Just wondering, what is the bore spacing on the pro stock hemi head? If someone was to make a tall deck block that would fit that head, would it be a viable option? As i see it, any way you slice it, it will "look" like a chevy engine regardless of what block gets put under the head.

If the pro stock hemi head would serve as a foundation for a big inch mopar engine, lets all get together and have someone start making blocks to fill the void.

I think the guy's name is Goodwin, and they make a billet block for a 5" bore spacing engine, which is what the Mopar pro stock program is built around. Diablo has what I believe is a 655" deal for sled pulling. I want to say it makes around 1350-1400, and the price tag is north of $75,000. He might chime in and correct me, but he will know. Al Alguire also ran 500 CI tamed hemi 99 deal in the 10.5" tire class, he can tell you about that.
That's the point. Al, Boat Racer 572, Steve Gill and I are now working with the predator combos. Boat Racer and Steve Gill, are the only ones I know, and I'm sure there are others although rare, doing it successfully. Indy is useless for information. I have in excess of $1000 just on head gaskets because as I said, Indy is useless with any information/help. If I didn't have help from the other names mentioned here and some I didn't, I might as well be doing this by scratch.
This is where my frustration comes from. Fact, I could have ordered a 665 12 degree GM style race application motor for around $40-45,000 with a dry sump making an easy 1400 + HP. If I needed help, I know at least ten people that have more information and knowledge than Indy, and are ready to help. And if I had my money back, that's what I would do. I've been a Mopar loyalist for over 40 years, but eventually enough is enough. So if or when I decide to sell this stuff and go the easy route, someone will get a sweet deal on this stuff and all the info they want.

Just to chime in Quickly, We have Ran a good chunk of engines over the past 7-8 years and our last two have come From Goodwin. We have done the refreshes to the engines but they were originally built by Goodwin. Both have been 5" Bore space 650ci engines. The first one used IHRA 5" Hemi heads which were blanks that Goodwin worked with. Goodwin used a cast Donovan 5" block for that engine. There are a few of the cast headed cast block Goodwin engines out there. Ours made mid 1400hp. I sold that to a Drag racer around Chicago. This season we Ran Goodwins 5" Billet engine. He developed the head and block but the main design idea was from the 99 head. They look and are a lot different then a Sonny or Schmidt Hemi head. Both head and block are Billet CNC'ed in house. Top notch engine and its been awhile since we had 100% faith in the engine each run. Could not say that back when we were running the B1-TS engines. The new Billet engines are over 1600hp now.

Wish he had a Wedge head program...........but at that level, being 5.0 spacing and essentially using Chevy pattern blocks.........I guess it would serve no purpose. Wonder if he would be interested in developing a "nitrous friendly" chamber design for his heads. Since they are essentially a "twisted wedge" with a plug in the center, it would likely work, but would take a bit of development to work on a 4.700 bore or so.

What bore are your motors??

Monte

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: Monte_Smith] #1673787
09/22/14 02:50 AM
09/22/14 02:50 AM
IL
E
EchoSixMike Offline
mopar
EchoSixMike  Offline
mopar
E

IL
Monte, why does this six pack guy have such a hard-on for you? Did he catch you in bed with his wife or something? This is crap that belongs on the bullet.

There's a 4.90 BS /B-1TS combo for sale here in Chicago. S/F.....Ken M

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: Al_Alguire] #1673788
09/22/14 02:55 AM
09/22/14 02:55 AM
CT
GTX MATT Offline
master
GTX MATT  Offline
master

CT
Quote:

Well all I can add is WOW...It is no wonder we get what we get.

You guys make me want to sell my Plymouth and buy a Chevelle.

I'm no racer, I like fast street/strip cars with full interiors. I like everything but I went Mopar because I thought the RB engine makes really good power for the money and are durable, but I'm only looking for around 600 hp max out of a street engine.

Last edited by GTX MATT; 09/22/14 02:59 AM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street
Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: EchoSixMike] #1673789
09/22/14 03:05 AM
09/22/14 03:05 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Monte, why does this six pack guy have such a hard-on for you? Did he catch you in bed with his wife or something? This is crap that belongs on the bullet.

No idea........have no clue who he even is. Just showed up one day bashing me at every turn. It's all good though. Haters gonna hate...........LOL!!!

I've heard about that motor, but the move from 4.840 to 4.900 just doesn't gain you much in bore size, which is what you really need. You can go 4.750 bore in a billet 5.0 bore space block...........now just need some 5.0 bore space TS heads to go on that........I wish.........LOL!!!

Monte

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: EchoSixMike] #1673790
09/22/14 03:07 AM
09/22/14 03:07 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

I dont know why Monte even pays any attention to him..
the IGNORE button works great... he doesnt even race
or own any type of race car but he loves coming into
the race section and telling everyone how its done..
and he has NEVER done anything

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1673791
09/22/14 03:39 AM
09/22/14 03:39 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
FWIW my 99 was a 4.700" bore deal. Although as has been mentioned the only "readily" available blocks are very short deck height, 9" and under so cubes are very limited. About 550" is it. Also as pointed out they are pretty purpose built pieces although I know Steve Matusek runs a mirror motored Ford with twins. But I do not know anything about it. Suspect it is a billet block deal. The heads certainly have a tendency to crack in the chamber in NA applications.

As for our dear friend well lets just say you are not the only apple in his eye Monte

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1673792
09/22/14 03:48 AM
09/22/14 03:48 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

He rips me and others at every turn and has been asked repeatedly to expound on his exploits of racing and what HE does to support the hobby and the aftermarket and all we get is............."crickets"...........on that subject.........LOL!!

I reply, because for some reason he seems to think he knows stuff about me, what I have done and haven't done.........and while he is free to trash me and talk trash about me.........I at least want him to have his facts straight...........LOL!!!........guys like him don't bother me in the least. I find it humorous that he seems to stalk my posts just to get a dig in when he can. Like I said, it's all good

Monte

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: Monte_Smith] #1673793
09/22/14 07:06 AM
09/22/14 07:06 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He rips me and others at every turn and has been asked repeatedly to expound on his exploits of racing and what HE does to support the hobby and the aftermarket and all we get is............."crickets"...........on that subject.........LOL!!

I reply, because for some reason he seems to think he knows stuff about me, what I have done and haven't done.........and while he is free to trash me and talk trash about me.........I at least want him to have his facts straight...........LOL!!!........guys like him don't bother me in the least. I find it humorous that he seems to stalk my posts just to get a dig in when he can. Like I said, it's all good

Monte [/quote\i think runs with one of the biggest mopar scammers of all time.

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: Monte_Smith] #1673794
09/22/14 09:39 AM
09/22/14 09:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

And I NEVER said the current parts were not good enough for me.......WHAT I SAID WAS there are no current parts available for what I would like to build for my GTX............but feel free to spin that to make it sound however you like.

Monte

Just to cut through all the other stuff...

I don't know how to take that except as, combined with your other comments, that you feel the cheap ass 906 head, purple shaft cam lovin' Mopar guys should be buying up the parts you wouldn't use on your GTX, so it will spur manufacturers to make better, updated parts that you will consider using ??

If I am wrong, please clarify, ty

Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: ] #1673795
09/22/14 11:04 AM
09/22/14 11:04 AM
Columbia, CT
M
moper Offline
I Live Here
moper  Offline
I Live Here
M

Columbia, CT
Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Just to cut through all the other stuff...

I don't know how to take that except as, combined with your other comments, that you feel the cheap ass 906 head, purple shaft cam lovin' Mopar guys should be buying up the parts you wouldn't use on your GTX, so it will spur manufacturers to make better, updated parts that you will consider using ??

If I am wrong, please clarify, ty

Take it as I do - For his GTX he is looking for a performance window that the parts "the cheap ass 906 head, purple shaft cam lovin' Mopar guys should be buying" simply cannot reach. I've got no trouble with him wanting to run with bigger dogs and carry a Mopar stick.

I think either your behind's cheeks are covering your ears or you'r so concerned about brand loyalty that seeking ultimate performance and the highest level of competition simply has no value to you.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.
Re: Engine builders, you have my sympathy [Re: Monte_Smith] #1673796
09/22/14 11:24 AM
09/22/14 11:24 AM
Quebec, Canada
D
Diablo Offline
super stock
Diablo  Offline
super stock
D

Quebec, Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wish he had a Wedge head program...........but at that level, being 5.0 spacing and essentially using Chevy pattern blocks.........I guess it would serve no purpose. Wonder if he would be interested in developing a "nitrous friendly" chamber design for his heads. Since they are essentially a "twisted wedge" with a plug in the center, it would likely work, but would take a bit of development to work on a 4.700 bore or so.

What bore are your motors??

Monte

Hi Monte,
He does have a wedge head program actually. Came out with it last year. It makes a little less power then the Hemi program but it was about 10k less then the hemi also. To my knowledge he only sold a few because most would just find the extra dime to jump to the hemi. For Nitros chambers I would just give him a call. I wouldn't be surprised if he already had something. I also know the same 5" design stuff he has can be made on the 5.3 Bore spacing. He just mentioned to me when someone has the $$ they will build it.

The bores were both around 4.780-4.786 on my two engines.

8277331-photo1copy3.JPG (51 downloads)
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14