08/29/14 12:41 PM
08/29/14 12:41 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
How is giving credit to guys for their accomplishments being a hater ?? or brand loyal ??

YOU are the one putting others down.....

I don't know how much a chevy costs to build and don't really care...

You are the one that is putting a chevy engine in your GTX...because you have to have a Proven Combo that has already been done.....and it has to be free....

You put down every mopar racer around...when you haven't raced since the 90's !!

WHEN was the last time you raced your PRODUCTION car..
your not even into racing

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1664666
08/29/14 12:47 PM
08/29/14 12:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

How is giving credit to guys for their accomplishments being a hater ?? or brand loyal ??

You are the one that is putting a chevy engine in your GTX...because you have to have a Proven Combo that has already been done.....and it has to be free....

You put down every mopar racer around...when you haven't raced since the 90's !!

Probably the last time you did........and I am not putting anybody down that is out there racing...

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: ] #1664667
08/29/14 12:52 PM
08/29/14 12:52 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

Probably the last time you did........and I am not putting anybody down that is out there racing...

I was out last Sunday... racing.. no it wasnt my car
but running a buddies to help him out.. how about you..
you just love coming into the race section to stir
up CRAP

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1664668
08/29/14 01:03 PM
08/29/14 01:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

up CRAP

Maybe you should re-read things above....this should be addressed to Monte....

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1664669
08/29/14 01:06 PM
08/29/14 01:06 PM
maryland
74yellowduster Offline
74yellowduster  Offline

maryland
bottom line is that mopar is supporting us developing... the hellcat is badass parts/upgrades for gen3 are coming out all over the place.

i see it as a part of racing for a long time to come.
nevertheless, i LOVE 340's 383's 400's 440's and of course 426 Hemi's forever baby.

but facts of life are facts of life right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5IVuN1N6-Y

crank it up!
Quote:

Don't be angry - don't be sad
Don't sit crying over good times you've had
There's a girl right next to you
And she's just waiting for something to do

Well there's a rose in a fisted glove
And the eagle flies with the dove
And if you can't be with the one you love honey
Love the one you're with

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: ] #1664670
08/29/14 01:09 PM
08/29/14 01:09 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

up CRAP

Why address it to him... Mopar doesnt offer what he
needs so he went elsewhere.. being that you dont race
you wouldnt understand that... you do what has to
be done to get the job done

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1664671
08/29/14 02:01 PM
08/29/14 02:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

up CRAP

Why address it to him... Mopar doesnt offer what he
needs so he went elsewhere.. being that you dont race
you wouldnt understand that... you do what has to
be done to get the job done

You're right, Mopar doesn't offer a Free engine that has been ran and tested in his buddies Buick.....and I'm sure he will be World Champ next year in the most Impressive, Innovative Car to hit the track in decades.

Maybe by then you will have rebuilt your engine for the 4th time and finally gotten it right, your tranny for the 3rd time and finally gotten it right, cut apart your suspension and finally gotten it right....and maybe even make a pass at the track by 2015...or 16....

And maybe, just maybe, I'll have my car ready to make a pass in 2015...maybe...but I am sure it will be an unimpressive slug...

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: ] #1664672
08/29/14 02:22 PM
08/29/14 02:22 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Maybe by then you will have rebuilt your engine for the 4th time and finally gotten it right, your tranny for the 3rd time and finally gotten it right, cut apart your suspension and finally gotten it right....and maybe even make a pass at the track by 2015...or 16....

And maybe, just maybe, I'll have my car ready to make a pass in 2015...maybe...but I am sure it will be an unimpressive slug...

Your right... I did have some set backs with my ride
that I BUILT ... but YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW ABOUT BUILDING
anything since all you run is your little street
STOCK car... maybe JUST MAYBE you might have changed
a carb on and thats ALL.... so when YOU BUILD anything
that turns out PERFECT you make sure you get on here
and tell us ALL.. oh.. I forget... you dont build
ANYTHING

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1664673
08/29/14 02:35 PM
08/29/14 02:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

ANYTHING

You been stalking me ? How would you know anything ?

As I said, my Car will be an unimpressive slug when i get it out....

Or was this meant for Monte after he writes the check at the chassis shop ? and picks up the free engine from his buddy ?

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: ] #1664674
08/29/14 02:41 PM
08/29/14 02:41 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

ANYTHING

You been stalking me ? How would you know anything ?

As I said, my Car will be an unimpressive slug when i get it out....

Or was this meant for Monte after he writes the check at the chassis shop ? and picks up the free engine from his buddy ?

Stalking you... LOL... your not worth mine time.. but
you sure can tell me about the set backs I've had on
my ride... so as of now I'll just put you on the IGNORE list
which is all your worth...... BY BY

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: ] #1664675
08/29/14 02:44 PM
08/29/14 02:44 PM
Tucson, Arizona
clonestocker Offline
top fuel
clonestocker  Offline
top fuel

Tucson, Arizona
I hope you guys know each other. If not. Its a Holiday Weekend and we should all in a Good Mood matt

[img] [/img]
Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: clonestocker] #1664676
08/29/14 02:48 PM
08/29/14 02:48 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

I hope you guys know each other. If not. Its a Holiday Weekend and we should all in a Good Mood matt

Nope sure dont know him or even care to.. as of now
I wont see a damn thing he posts... which is pretty
useless anyways.. but to everyone else... have a great
weekend

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1664677
08/29/14 03:35 PM
08/29/14 03:35 PM
Tucson, Arizona
clonestocker Offline
top fuel
clonestocker  Offline
top fuel

Tucson, Arizona
Hoping to look some of you guys up next year @ Woodward. I think we'll be staying in Milford.

[img] [/img]
Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: clonestocker] #1664678
08/29/14 03:40 PM
08/29/14 03:40 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Hoping to look some of you guys up next year @ Woodward. I think we'll be staying in Milford.

I'm sure I'll be around.. we usually head up to the
Donut Cutter on Wednesday for a get together(during
the week before the Woodward Cruise)... I didnt go up
there this year.. I was hunting in Canada

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1664679
08/30/14 01:53 AM
08/30/14 01:53 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
The guy is a clueless and doesn't know the first thing about me. For your information 6pak runner, I, as in ME, MYSELF, built the entire chassis in my GTX the first time AND this time. Yes, I am taking it to a chassis shop now to have some things done and finished up that I simply don't have time, nor do I now have the equipment to do myself. I used to have a chassis shop, but I no longer do that type work and sold all the equipment. So I let someone else do it.

As far as me racing............no, I haven't raced my OWN car since 2000, but I probably make more runs down a track in a season than you have in your lifetime. I spec and build all my own motors and used to work in a race engine shop, so if I had the equipment myself, could do all my own machine work. What exactly can you do yourself, other than type on a key board and give me crap. It is only in your own twisted mind that I have run anybody down or made light of anybody's accomplishments.............My only beef with you, or anybody for that matter, is when everyone gets all up in arms about somebody doing something in a Mopar and considers it extraordinary, when for other brands it is run of the mill. We as Mopar people should NOT be satisfied with just having the fastest (insert whatever) Mopar. We should strive to be able to compete on ANY level with other brands, not just among ourselves. As I said before, having the fastest Mopar whatever is not appealing, if the BEST that can be gets your azz handed to you on a regular basis by the Ford and Chevy guys. But as long as guys like YOU are happy with the status quo, the rest of us who WANT more will be out of luck, because there are not enough of us to push anybody to develop anything better...........and for some reason you just can't see or accept that.

Monte

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: MattW] #1664680
08/30/14 02:09 AM
08/30/14 02:09 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

http://thitek.net/news/jesses-200mph-challenger-hot-rod-magazine/

Quote:

Built by Spankin Time Performance in San Bernardino, California, Jesse Iwuji’s Challenger uses a Darton-sleeved, 408ci Hemi stroker crank from Scat spinning a set of Carillo rods and CP pistons. The engine also has ThiTek heads and a 4.2L Kenne Bell supercharger that runs as much as 22 psi of boost on E85. The exhaust uses OVX long tube headers, Bassani mid-pipes, and Flowmaster Super 40–Series mufflers.

The 912 rwhp gets to the ground by way of an SHR transmission, a DSS driveshaft, and the stock differential and axles with 3.06 gears. With that combo, Jesse became the fifth modern Mopar to break the 200-mph barrier in the standing mile, running 200.9 mph. He’s also run 174 mph in the half-mile, which is the same speed our showroom-stock ’13 Dodge Challenger SRT ran in a mile and a half.

http://www.nmcadigital.com/2013/09/19/br...r-for-rob-goss/

i guess some R&D must be goin on

The be blunt........so what...........ain't nothing about that really impressive. A new HEMI with a blower that makes a little north of 1100hp.......Trust me, that is NOT tough to do with any decent smallblock of ANY make.

And where is the R&D part of it. You take a decent shortblock, put some good heads on it........add boost. Easy power, been done for years. Because its a Mopar, we think it is something spectacular, when really it is run of the mill........and THAT is the reason the Mopar aftermarket is not supportive. Not enough people out there doing it

Monte

What's impressive Monty is the fact for the first time in Mopar history we have a production head that surpasses the capability of the block.
Is the New hemi the end all be all? Hell no, but if they would make the design bigger for a big block version and so on. I think it would be easier to made big power and possibly cheaper to build.
Monty your in the one percentile. Your stuff is all custom and reworked from top to bottom.
IMO the New Hemi allow people to make some good steam without going to race oriented on the build. Matt

You are right, the new HEMI is impressive and as impressive as it is, once again you are limited on blocks. So you can only build what is capable in the confines of a stock block. Does Ford have that issue........NO..........does Chevy have that issue........NO. All I and others are saying, is why as a group do we have to just settle for what we can GET and be happy with it. I want MORE and if you don't complain, or let the powers that be know how you feel, what do you think they are going to do.........NOTHING is the answer.

Big block version of the new HEMI.............a 5.0 version of the new HEMI..........yeah, I won't be holding my breath for that one.

And Mr Runner is all wound up about the fact that I am putting a proven combo in my car that I know will go fast. He thinks it is because it is FREE...........and that doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. Has to do with what I know the competition has and the fact that I know without a doubt, that the parts do not exist in this world for me to make the same power, inch for inch, with a Mopar wedge as the other guys can. Like thats MY fault. Hell, I WANT the parts to do it with a MOPAR and would buy them, they just don't exist. He can't see the forest for the trees. Sheer will, determination, grit and loyalty are all great things..........but those qualities don't matter if you don't have anything to apply them to. I am NOT an engineer. I CAN'T design the parts, but that doesn't keep me from wanting some and expressing my disappointment in the fact they aren't out there.

If I was not really a MOPAR guy, I wouldn't CARE that I can't get what I want

Monte

Re: R&D For Both Big/Small block [Re: Monte_Smith] #1664681
08/31/14 09:00 AM
08/31/14 09:00 AM
Melbourne , Australia
LA360 Offline
master
LA360  Offline
master

Melbourne , Australia
High end parts are expensive no matter what brand of engine you run. As Monte said, a crank from Bryant is going to cost the same no matter what it's going in, etc etc. Shelf stuff is a different story, but records aren't set with running off the shelf parts. When you actually start spending the $$$ yourself on this level of engine, you'll understand where Monte and others are coming from.

I would also like to second what AndyF said, I do a similar thing on a much smaller scale. I know that I would never feed my wife and kids on making and selling Mopar parts. I make it as a hobby to please myself, and any parts I sell are usually to fund parts for the next project or my own race car. I am planning on doing some billet intake manifolds and billet heads in the next twelve months. If I can bank roll it, I will do a billet block while I am at it. I am fortunate enough to work in a fairly well equipped workshop from 9-5, for a boss who gives me time to entertain myself after hours.

Alan Jones
Page 2 of 2 1 2