11/11/13 10:02 AM
11/11/13 10:02 AM
South of Seattle
M
MBigDaddyM Offline OP
MBigDaddyM  Offline OP
M

South of Seattle
Had a buddy do a 360 swap into my 94 Dakota...got it back from him and a few things are with out a home. The truck is 94 Dakota (originally a 318) the engine is a 360 out of a 94 Ram 2500 HD 4x4. Can someone offer some guidance or a diagram?

The first pic with the hose sticking up runs back to the two prong connector right below the fuel rail at the back of the intake and looks like it was cut.

The second pics looks like some home splicing I do not remember that blue connector which has two lines off of which one runs into the intake manifold right next to the hose for the PCV valve in the first pic (Yes I know the PCV is broke and needs replacement.) The second line off the blue connector only has a small section of hose, only thing I can think of here is that my buddy tried to run the hose from the first pic which is smaller into that slightly larger section of hose on the blue connector.

In the final pic above there is a loose connector at the back of the fuel rail near the three prong connector that says MPC or maybe MPG on it, from the connector it runs back into the intake near where the two taped up sections of wire come out of the main harness. On the fuel rail there is a gold or bronze colored plug/cap, is this accurate or could one of my lines go there. Also disregard the steel line coming over and down the fuel rail, I know where that goes just forgot to remove it from the shot.

I dropped this truck off in March of 2012, just got it back Saturday. Why my buddy couldn't get it done I'm not sure, but with my job I was on 80-100% travel from January of 2012 until September of 2013. This is the first time I have seen the truck/engine since May of 2012 and now I have a mess to cleanup. Please help! -BD

Will the last one leaving the US please turn out the lights.
Re: Dakota 360 hoses and wiring without a home. [Re: MBigDaddyM] #1531781
11/11/13 10:27 AM
11/11/13 10:27 AM
Tidewater, VA
T
TMCCuda Offline
TMCCuda  Offline
T

Tidewater, VA
Google "1994 dodge ram vacuum hose diagram". There are a few factory diagrams that will point you in the right direction.

This is going from memory- the blue connector is factory but out of position-(not sure how). The line from the throttle body is for the map sensor.

The bronze cap on the fuel rail is the fuel pressure regulator...a black plastic line 1/8" or so ties to that.

1970 Plymouth Barracuda 1994 Ram 1500 4x4 5.2L 2004 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L Quad Cab
Re: Dakota 360 hoses and wiring without a home. [Re: TMCCuda] #1531782
11/11/13 08:41 PM
11/11/13 08:41 PM
Marysville, O-H-I-O
70Cuda383 Offline
Too Many Posts
70Cuda383  Offline
Too Many Posts

Marysville, O-H-I-O
my advice? get rid of all that crap and hook up only what you need. my truck has 1 vacuum hose hooked up to the manifold which T's off into the PCV valve and the brake booster (and the fitting in the booster goes to the tubing along the firewall that supplies the HVAC system inside with it's vacuum signal for the controls.

the tiny hose by the fuel rail that goes back towards the firewall, is from the EVAP purge solenoid, and can be eliminated. use a rubber cap/nipple to plug the hole in the TB that it goes to. it's on the front side of the throttle body and is next to the MAP sensor.

the only hose that the MAP sensor needs comes down out of the middle of the sensor on the bottom side, makes a 90 degree turn and goes into another tiny port in the TB. the "hose" to do this is really more of a 90° nipple that's open on both ends.

on the other side...no clue. cut/hacked up PCV hoses?

**Photobucket sucks**
Re: Dakota 360 hoses and wiring without a home. [Re: 70Cuda383] #1531783
11/13/13 04:51 AM
11/13/13 04:51 AM
South of Seattle
M
MBigDaddyM Offline OP
MBigDaddyM  Offline OP
M

South of Seattle
Got a look at a 93 Dakota at a boneyard, the connector on the driver's side was for the regulator. Confused because we have swapped several fuel rails during the course of the swap but I thought 94-up had the fuel regulator in tank. The blue connector and the hose that was sticking up at angle go together since that hose was broke I grabbed the one off the junkyard Dakota. Still have a few vacuum lines and electrical connectors that need partners, other then that the power steering pump needs fluid and the cooling system needs antifreeze, but after some trial and error the 360 runs and is running strong. -BD

Will the last one leaving the US please turn out the lights.