11/19/12 10:47 PM
11/19/12 10:47 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Sorry guys, as I said before, those old pics are nostalgic and all but they don't prove a thing concerning them coming that way off the production line.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #1323230
11/20/12 12:46 AM
11/20/12 12:46 AM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
Unless you personly put the lids on at the assembly line then you can only go by what someone told you or you read.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #1323231
11/20/12 09:26 AM
11/20/12 09:26 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Sorry guys, as I said before, those old pics are nostalgic and all but they don't prove a thing concerning them coming that way off the production line.

So Scott,we must all take your word as the final fact and what I and many others who owned,raced and worked for Chrysler know from actual experience and knowledge are full of poo.I have kids your age,respect your elders.
Respectfully
Bob

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: B G Racing] #1323232
11/20/12 02:14 PM
11/20/12 02:14 PM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Quote:

Quote:

So Scott,we must all take your word as the final fact and what I and many others who owned,raced and worked for Chrysler know from actual experience and knowledge are full of poo.I have kids your age,respect your elders.
Respectfully
Bob

Agreed ---- and I guess all the nay sayers actually did work on the production line and know this as fact

Like it is always said --- never say never when it comes to what Mopar has done. Pretty hard to look at any car today to say that when it was built 50 years ago you can tell what is/was original or not

Russ

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: max_maniac] #1323233
11/20/12 05:50 PM
11/20/12 05:50 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Respectfully
Bob

Agreed ---- and I guess all the nay sayers actually did work on the production line and know this as fact

Like it is always said --- never say never when it comes to what Mopar has done. Pretty hard to look at any car today to say that when it was built 50 years ago you can tell what is/was original or not

Russ

Russ,let me tell you about my factory fresh 69 Hemi Roadrunner that came with chrome door button on the drivers side and a black plastic button on the passenger side.Then there is always that infamous 1967 documented Hemi with no torque boxes or how about Jimmy Banes one owner(he bought new)11,000mile Hemi Satillite with 13/16 instead of 3/4 lugnuts.The stores are like the old TV show"The Naked City"from the fiftys that said "their are a million stories" as the byline
Quote:

I think I'll take a short break at the risk of pizzing of someone but admitt,I can be entertaining

Last edited by B G Racing; 11/20/12 05:52 PM.
Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: B G Racing] #1323234
11/20/12 06:08 PM
11/20/12 06:08 PM
Between a rock & a hard place
C
cudadoug Offline
master
cudadoug  Offline
master
C

Between a rock & a hard place
Only on a Mopar board...

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: cudadoug] #1323235
11/20/12 08:29 PM
11/20/12 08:29 PM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Only on a Mopar board...

Actually, no. This type of thread is common to all makes. It's good info and interesting as long as it stays "friendly". As I have said, I am a long ways from an expert on max cars ( or any Mopar related resto stuff ). It aint my shtick. In the same breath, I clearly remember the day my Dad and I bought my 63 Max car from Grand Central Motors in Chicago. We originally went to look at a used 63 split window vette in their used car lot. My Dad wouldn't sign for it. Too racey and he thought I would get in to trouble with it right away. So we walked accross the street to the Chrysler showroom and this white 63 Plymouth Max wedge convert was sitting ( with the hood up ) in the middle of the showroom floor. He had no problem signing for it ( I was 17 or 18 at the time ). I distinctly remember the massive engine ( with orange air cleaner lids ). After $3700 ( I think ) was exchanged, I drove it home.

Fastest 300
Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: 383man] #1323236
11/20/12 09:04 PM
11/20/12 09:04 PM
Fort Worth, TX
Dago Red Offline
mopar
Dago Red  Offline
mopar

Fort Worth, TX
WOW! For a minute there I though posting this would be akin to sticking your head out of the foxhole.

This one's a "taint". Taint original, taint modern either.
It's the 1981 Keystones.

If You Can't Be Good, At Least Be Colorful
Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: Dago Red] #1323237
11/20/12 11:50 PM
11/20/12 11:50 PM
MD
Kevins493 Offline
top fuel
Kevins493  Offline
top fuel

MD
At the end of the day, does any of this really matter? I mean, yea its interesting from a historical standpoint (and I'm all for preserving the history and building a car as correct as possible for a nostalgia class), but these were meant to be race cars-not museum pieces. I bet if you were to go up to someone who was there and ran these cars back in the day (and I know several) and whined that their air cleaners are the wrong color, they would point and laugh at you...if you were lucky. Bob, you've probably forgotten more than most of the people here know. I would hope that people respect that. Now, since this is a RACE forum, let's stop worrying about what a car show judge will deduct points for and get back to racing.

Rant off (this is why I don't go to car shows anymore).

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: Kevins493] #1323238
11/21/12 12:06 AM
11/21/12 12:06 AM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

At the end of the day, does any of this really matter? I mean, yea its interesting from a historical standpoint (and I'm all for preserving the history and building a car as correct as possible for a nostalgia class), but these were meant to be race cars-not museum pieces. I bet if you were to go up to someone who was there and ran these cars back in the day (and I know several) and whined that their air cleaners are the wrong color, they would point and laugh at you...if you were lucky. Bob, you've probably forgotten more than most of the people here know. I would hope that people respect that. Now, since this is a RACE forum, let's stop worrying about what a car show judge will deduct points for and get back to racing.

They were race cars. I raced the crap out of mine. Many are now museum pieces ( including mine), but I agree, this thread needs to - away.

Fastest 300
Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: Crizila] #1323239
11/21/12 12:24 AM
11/21/12 12:24 AM
OHIO
T
THE GLASS MAN Offline
super stock
THE GLASS MAN  Offline
super stock
T

OHIO
Quote:

Quote:

They were race cars. I raced the crap out of mine. Many are now museum pieces ( including mine), but I agree, this thread needs to - away.

Well this has been an interesting thread and it has almost been like a Sienfeld show about nothing really.One last thing though, just seen this picture on ebay and it is of Tom Hoover and 3 friends and they are proudly displaying a complete Max Wedge, air cleaners and all. Ebay Item number 370601894857

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: THE GLASS MAN] #1323240
11/21/12 03:13 AM
11/21/12 03:13 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
You old farts (and this is coming from a 50 year old) must really like stroking each other?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: Dago Red] #1323241
11/21/12 10:02 AM
11/21/12 10:02 AM
NC USA
U
ultimatelenny Offline
ultimatelenny  Offline
U

NC USA
Quote:

WOW! For a minute there I though posting this would be akin to sticking your head out of the foxhole.

This one's a "taint". Taint original, taint modern either.
It's the 1981 Keystones.

Wow , this brings back some memories. I remember when this pic was taken. Although I don,t have documented proof, this car was supposedly a factory car that was campaigned by the late Bill Jenkins and driven by Dave Strickler for the win at the 1964 Indy Natls. Many years later we rebuilt it and campagned it for many years as a SS/BA car in NHRA Div 1

Lenny Croteau www.ultimateconverter.com Phone 704-892-6837 Fax 704-892-6880
Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: ultimatelenny] #1323242
11/21/12 10:28 AM
11/21/12 10:28 AM
anywhere@ anytime
A
actionange Offline
top fuel
actionange  Offline
top fuel
A

anywhere@ anytime
Lenny
Who's the kid in the pic? Anyone you know or just a random fan?
And I have a copy of Super Stock & Drag Illustrated somewhere telling the story about Jenkins prior involvement with a pic of odometer showing low mileage- 16 miles maybe?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: actionange] #1323243
11/21/12 11:54 AM
11/21/12 11:54 AM
NC USA
U
ultimatelenny Offline
ultimatelenny  Offline
U

NC USA
It may be Reds son (the poster), it goes back a ways. There was 3.3 miles on the clock. Lot of fun running that car, and it ran very well for it's time. The last 4-5 years it always finished in the top 10 in Winston points.

Last edited by ultimatelenny; 11/21/12 11:56 AM.

Lenny Croteau www.ultimateconverter.com Phone 704-892-6837 Fax 704-892-6880
Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #1323244
11/21/12 12:11 PM
11/21/12 12:11 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

You old farts (and this is coming from a 50 year old) must really like stroking each other?

Scott,like I said I have kids your age,and no we old farts don't like stroking each other,but I sure like stroking you since you feel that anything you utter is gospel.I think your "UDDERLY" redicious and like milking old cow,each stroke brings a smile to my face.Don't take offence to my comments,it's all in good humor and I do respect your knowledge at times but you need to man up when your wrong.If one guy sees a duck he could mistaken it for a goose,if 20 guys seen the duck and call it a duck then it's a duck.It may well be an orange,black or chrome one but a duck none the less.I tried hard to ignore the post but when it continued I just couldn't help but comment.
Anyway all is good humor and entertaining,have a great holiday.

Respectfully
Bob

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: MFR426] #1323245
11/21/12 01:22 PM
11/21/12 01:22 PM
Minn
S
SportF Offline
pro stock
SportF  Offline
pro stock
S

Minn
Quote:

Wow we would really get bad mouthed for our air cleaners! Ha! Can anyone tell me what the base was made from? Ha! But at least our engine is all iron except the intake and valve covers! And Doug your car is gona look great when it's done! Keep up the good work! Look forward to seeing you again!

MFR426

Waffled aluminum as used on Naval ships for 01 deck and above bulkheads? Eh?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: B G Racing] #1323246
11/21/12 01:52 PM
11/21/12 01:52 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Bob, respectfully.....No, you have me all wrong. Don't assume that I feel that I am uttering any sort of gospel when it's the furthest thing from the truth just because I choose to "put my head out of the rabbit hole" and debate a claim of originallity. What I'm trying to get accross (apparently which little success) is when someone, anyone comes to the table with an example of a detail that deviates from what was the production line "norm" that they should understand that it will be viewed with skepticism without producing rock solid evidence to back it up before it will be accepted as an actual production line variable or possibility. I am not, and would never say #1. That someone is a liar. #2. That it was impossible. #3. That it never happened. All I am asking for is some backup to prove the claims. Photos of cars back in the day, even if taken the day of delivery, do not provide that proof, especially with something so easy to change or modify.

Bottom line? MAYBE there were some Orange/Red/Chrome air cleaners put on at the factory, in fact if it happened that would be cool! But so far nobody here has posted enough evidence to make it indesputable.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #1323247
11/21/12 02:07 PM
11/21/12 02:07 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Bob, respectfully.....No, you have me all wrong. Don't assume that I feel that I am uttering any sort of gospel when it's the furthest thing from the truth just because I choose to "put my head out of the rabbit hole" and debate a claim of originallity. What I'm trying to get accross (apparently which little success) is when someone, anyone comes to the table with an example of a detail that deviates from what was the production line "norm" that they should understand that it will be viewed with skepticism without producing rock solid evidence to back it up before it will be accepted as an actual production line variable or possibility. I am not, and would never say #1. That someone is a liar. #2. That it was impossible. #3. That it never happened. All I am asking for is some backup to prove the claims. Photos of cars back in the day, even if taken the day of delivery, do not provide that proof, especially with something so easy to change or modify.

Bottom line? MAYBE there were some Orange/Red/Chrome air cleaners put on at the factory, in fact if it happened that would be cool! But so far nobody here has posted enough evidence to make it indesputable.

Ok,Scott,I admit I'am a liar,BSer and senile and your on a crusade to set the world right.I think you have been in your rabbit hole to long and have put that carrot in the wrong hole also.Your disatertion or diatrob only proves you can't admit your wrong and only further goes to show who you really are.Watch out for Almer Fudd,he may pop your head off the next time you it out of your "rabbit hole"you silly rabbit.
PS: I don't have you "all wrong" you prove to everyone who you really are".Buy the way my brother Tony said to tell you happy Thanksgiving and that he's having rabbit and carrots this year instead of turkey and taters.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: B G Racing] #1323248
11/21/12 02:15 PM
11/21/12 02:15 PM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Quote:

Ok,Scott,I admit I'am a liar,BSer and senile and your on a crusade to set the world right.I think you have been in your rabbit hole to long and have put that carrot in the wrong hole also.Your disatertion or diatrob only proves you can't admit your wrong and only further goes to show who you really are.Watch out for Almer Fudd,he may pop your head off the next time you it out of your "rabbit hole"you silly rabbit.
PS: I don't have you "all wrong" you prove to everyone who you really are".Buy the way my brother Tony said to tell you happy Thanksgiving and that he's having rabbit and carrots this year instead of turkey and taters.

Since this thread won't die, might as well throw another coal on the fire. http://s79.beta.photobucket.com/user/jcailey/media/MOV02234.mp4.html

Fastest 300
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7