Moparlar Offline OP
super stock
Moparlar  Offline OP
super stock
M

Berwyn, IL
Quote:

My guess 45 k-25 more pics

I think you all just want to make me work and get people there to push this thing.

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: Moparlar] #1138012
12/21/11 12:42 AM
12/21/11 12:42 AM
Back in NJ....
E
EWJ Offline
master
EWJ  Offline
master
E

Back in NJ....
Half the concern/comments here about this car's value is becuase it is a "less desireable" 1972 year car. Yet this car is proof of an urban legend and the absolute end of an era (V code and mulitple carb OEM equipped vehicles).

Having said all this, what if this was a 1-of-1 1972 Hemi Cuda? Would it be subject to the same "abuse" in perceved value because it too was a 1972 year car?

Ed
EastCoast Land Yacht Assoc.
1967 Newport Conv: 440/4 speed
1969 GTX: 440/4 speed, TX9/TX9, A34, N96
1970 Super Bee: 383/4 speed, B5/B7
1970 Coronet RT: 440/4 speed, A34, N96
1970 Coronet RT: 440/auto, A36, N96
1970 Road Runner convertible: 383/4 speed TX9/D6XW
1970 GTX: 440+6/727, A32, N96
2001 Dodge 2500 HO CTD, 6 speed, 4x4 quad cab long bed
"The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese".
Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: EWJ] #1138013
12/21/11 12:46 AM
12/21/11 12:46 AM
Brantford Ontario
69_SIX_PACK Offline
master
69_SIX_PACK  Offline
master

Brantford Ontario
Quote:

Half the concern/comments here about this car's value is becuase it is a "less desireable" 1972 year car. Yet this car is proof of an urban legend and the absolute end of an era (V code and mulitple carb OEM equipped vehicles).

Having said all this, what if this was a 1-of-1 1972 Hemi Cuda? Would it be subject to the same "abuse" in perceved value because it too was a 1972 year car?

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: EWJ] #1138014
12/21/11 07:20 AM
12/21/11 07:20 AM
Sullivan, Ohio
M
Max Wedge Savoy Offline
mopar
Max Wedge Savoy  Offline
mopar
M

Sullivan, Ohio
Quote:

I fully agree with your end of an era statement but the rest is comparing apples to oranges. As we all know the E bodies remained relatively the same. The later B bodies changed quite a bit! It's an acquired taste. I for one don't really like the 71 and up B's but I chose to keep my comments to myself (until now).

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: EWJ] #1138015
12/21/11 08:45 AM
12/21/11 08:45 AM
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Can...
moparmike1 Offline
top fuel
moparmike1  Offline
top fuel

Quote:

Yes it would. Some members would complain about the side markers, grille, taillamps, tachometer red line position or colour, blah, blah, blah, and feel the need to voice their opinion. But, some members would appreciate it as the end of the line for a particular engine combination and respect it for what it is.

There's a definite bias against 72s and I think it has to do with how the horsepower ratings changed from gross to net and the change in compression ratios. This has been explained numerous times before yet some just don't want to accept it. I'd love to see the net rating for a 71 440 HP against a 72 440 HP with all things being equal other than the lower compression ratio for 72. It won't be the 375 vs 280 that a lot of people seem to want to believe.

Mike.

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: Max Wedge Savoy] #1138016
12/21/11 09:08 AM
12/21/11 09:08 AM
moparmike1 Offline
top fuel
moparmike1  Offline
top fuel

Quote:

I fully agree with your end of an era statement but the rest is comparing apples to oranges. As we all know the E bodies remained relatively the same. The later B bodies changed quite a bit! It's an acquired taste. I for one don't really like the 71 and up B's but I chose to keep my comments to myself (until now).

No offense Jon, but this is yet another 'I don't like this...' response that I just do not see the point of.

The same 'acquired taste' could be applied to 63 Plymouths. If I ran across a thread discussing a one of one 63 Plymouth, I wouldn't feel the need to add my response and say I don't like that style because of whatever reasoning. What would the point be of such a comment?

I'd love to see the reaction members who post these types of comments would get if they did the same but in a face to face scenario. Say a group of people were in a garage some place surrounding a car discussing how rare it is since it wasn't supposed to have been built but it was clearly legitimate and these people were genuinely interested in it. Somebody walks in, says something along the following:

This car just doesn't have the 'it' for me, but a 'insert your favourite year/style here' does because of 'insert your reasoning here'.

or

These cars are an acquired taste and I don't like them.

What do you think the people interested in the car would think? Really, what would you think of someone doing it to you when your discussing something you like? In such an example that type of person would be dismissed (politely or impolitely).

Easily 50% of the responses to this thread have absolutely nothing positive or constructive to add to this discussion. The only positive I can come up with is to that member's post count.

Mike.

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: moparmike1] #1138017
12/21/11 10:40 AM
12/21/11 10:40 AM
Sullivan, Ohio
M
Max Wedge Savoy Offline
mopar
Max Wedge Savoy  Offline
mopar
M

Sullivan, Ohio
No offense taken Mike. That is primarily why I haven't said anything to this point. 62-65 B bodies are odd and your right, not everyone likes them. Even though I'm not fond of the post 70 bodies I have owned several through the years. My opinion in the grand scheme is meaningless and should be taken at face value. Now those 6 pack fury's.......

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: EWJ] #1138018
12/21/11 11:08 AM
12/21/11 11:08 AM
Answering the call of the wild
T
ThermoQuad Offline
top fuel
ThermoQuad  Offline
top fuel
T

Answering the call of the wild
Very cool car, one of the holy grails of Mopar

Quote:

Half the concern/comments here about this car's value is because it is a "less desirable" 1972 year car. Yet this car is proof of an urban legend and the absolute end of an era (V code and multiple carb OEM equipped vehicles).

No urban legend for the 72 hemi 'Cuda. I saw it in the dark of night in the woods of western michigan about 1997. Black, pwr buldge hood, brown interior. Currently I am trying to secure some documentation. The car went to canada and I would bet the owner is lurking here...

PLEASE Do not pollute the thread with whether Chrysler made a 72 hemi 'Cuda. Be happy I shared. Start another thread if you got nothing to do!

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: moparmike1] #1138019
12/21/11 11:18 AM
12/21/11 11:18 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

I'd love to see the reaction members who post these types of comments would get if they did the same but in a face to face scenario. Say a group of people were in a garage some place surrounding a car discussing how rare it is since it wasn't supposed to have been built but it was clearly legitimate and these people were genuinely interested in it. Somebody walks in, says something along the following:

This car just doesn't have the 'it' for me, but a 'insert your favourite year/style here' does because of 'insert your reasoning here'.

or

What do you think the people interested in the car would think? Really, what would you think of someone doing it to you when your discussing something you like? In such an example that type of person would be dismissed (politely or impolitely).

Easily 50% of the responses to this thread have absolutely nothing positive or constructive to add to this discussion. The only positive I can come up with is to that member's post count.

Mike.

So what's your point?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you or anyone else likes it or not. I've done exactly what you say above , say something isn't my cup of tea in a group, I didn't get tied to a stake and burned or tared and feathered ... nor did I get dismissed impolitely.

As far as I'm concerned Chrysler didn't build much that interests me after 1969, there are a few cars I like between 70 and 72 , nothing really after that ...

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: JohnRR] #1138020
12/21/11 11:27 AM
12/21/11 11:27 AM
moparmike1 Offline
top fuel
moparmike1  Offline
top fuel

Quote:

Quote:

or

Mike.

So what's your point?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you or anyone else likes it or not. I've done exactly what you say above , say something isn't my cup of tea in a group, I didn't get tied to a stake and burned or tared and feathered ... nor did I get dismissed impolitely.

As far as I'm concerned Chrysler didn't build much that interests me after 1969, there are a few cars I like between 70 and 72 , nothing really after that ...

My point is if you have nothing positive to add, why are you adding your two cents?

There are plenty of times I've seen posts go into a pi$$ing match because of this and either the original purpose of the post is given up on, locked or just deleted altogether.

I never said you aren't entitled to your opinion. To feel the need to voice your opinion whether others like it or not really doesn't make any sense to me other than those that do this are looking for attention.

If you want to discuss this further John, PM me.

Mike.

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: JohnRR] #1138021
12/21/11 11:30 AM
12/21/11 11:30 AM
Texas
dannysbee Offline
master
dannysbee  Offline
master

Texas
It's a landmark car that marks the end of an era. Very low production with desirable and seldom ordered options. I would be looking hard for that original engine, it could very well still be around. Most people never get the chance to own such a collect able car. What's it worth, probably more than most think.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.
Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: dannysbee] #1138022
12/21/11 11:32 AM
12/21/11 11:32 AM
moparmike1 Offline
top fuel
moparmike1  Offline
top fuel

Quote:

It's a landmark car that marks the end of an era. Very low production with desirable and seldom ordered options. I would be looking hard for that original engine, it could very well still be around. Most people never get the chance to own such a collect able car. What's it worth, probably more than most think.

x2

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: moparmike1] #1138023
12/21/11 11:33 AM
12/21/11 11:33 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

To feel the need to voice your opinion whether others like it or not really doesn't make any sense to me other than those that do this are looking for attention.

Mike.

Isn't what you are doing by voicing your opinion of those that don't blow sunshine and rainbows up yours , or anyone elses , backside 24/7 the same thing?

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: JohnRR] #1138024
12/21/11 11:37 AM
12/21/11 11:37 AM
moparmike1 Offline
top fuel
moparmike1  Offline
top fuel

Quote:

Isn't what you are doing by voicing your opinion of those that don't blow sunshine and rainbows up yours , or anyone elses , backside 24/7 the same thing?

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: moparmike1] #1138025
12/21/11 11:41 AM
12/21/11 11:41 AM
midwest
68427vette Offline
top fuel
68427vette  Offline
top fuel

midwest
while i can enjoy the fact that its an end of an era,,, i'm not going to slop down 45K, to own it to stick it in my garage, and brag to everyone, that i have the last (maybe) of the v coded cars,,, not my cup of tea,, i'm sure there are alot of buyers,, who need to swag,, some nuttys, to impress there friends,,,, thats who your buyers are going to be...(watch Barrett Jackson,, you'll spot them) and good for them,, if i was loaded,, i buy pure cars. the motor missing is a downer for me,, but i can appreciate what the cars is,, but my money will stay in the 68-70 b bodies,and 70-71 e bodies cars.

ps,, this is a forum,, people can voice their thoughts,, there are some who dont like these cars/era, and some that do. Viral, America ,

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: Max Wedge Savoy] #1138026
12/21/11 11:43 AM
12/21/11 11:43 AM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
Quote:

No offense taken Mike. That is primarily why I haven't said anything to this point. 62-65 B bodies are odd and your right, not everyone likes them. Even though I'm not fond of the post 70 bodies I have owned several through the years. My opinion in the grand scheme is meaningless and should be taken at face value. Now those 6 pack fury's.......

Why bother apologizing? Just because you don't favor the body style and it's not your dream car, that doesn't count as a diss in my book. The 72 car that is the subject of this thread is a spectacular automobile that represents the end of an era and that won't change whether you or Joe Blow likes it or not. For the life of me, I don't know why people get so jerked off if someone doesn't like their crap. Who the f cares? It's only human nature to do what you did. In fact, the same guy that criticized you for voicing their opinion,posted this comment earlier in the thread:

"If I knew the only 72 V-code RR would be at Carlisle, restored or not, I'd walk right by a row of 71 Hemi Challengers and 70 Coronet R/Ts to see it."

OMG, now, Am I going to need therapy because I own a 71 Hemi Challenger and a 70 Coronet R/T?

Pot have you met kettle?

MB

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: HPMike] #1138027
12/21/11 11:47 AM
12/21/11 11:47 AM
moparmike1 Offline
top fuel
moparmike1  Offline
top fuel

Quote:

Why bother apologizing? Just because you don't favor the body style and it's not your dream car, that doesn't count as a diss in my book. The 72 car that is the subject of this thread is a spectacular automobile that represents the end of an era and that won't change whether you or Joe Blow likes it or not. For the life of me, I don't know why people get so jerked off if someone doesn't like their crap. Who the f cares? It's only human nature to do what you did. In fact, the same guy that criticized you for voicing their opinion,posted this comment earlier in the thread:

"If I knew the only 72 V-code RR would be at Carlisle, restored or not, I'd walk right by a row of 71 Hemi Challengers and 70 Coronet R/Ts to see it."

OMG, now, Am I going to need therapy because I own a 71 Hemi Challenger and a 70 Coronet R/T?

Pot have you met kettle?

MB

Yep, you really called me on that one. Happy now?

The point you and John are missing is pretty simple. If you have nothing positive to add, why bother.

Mike.

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: HPMike] #1138028
12/21/11 11:49 AM
12/21/11 11:49 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

Pot have you met kettle?

MB

DING DING DING .... WINNER ....

I wonder if you'll get a slew of PM's chastising you from one of the rainbow and sunshine crowd ??

What was the topic ?? Oh ya , a cool car that was supposedly never built.

I'll add my :2cents: , sell the Superbird and do the 72 RR , you can always buy another Superbird , plus the RR will clear the low ceiling of a parking garage easier .

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: moparmike1] #1138029
12/21/11 11:59 AM
12/21/11 11:59 AM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
Quote:

Quote:

Pot have you met kettle?

MB

Yep, you really called me on that one. Happy now?

The point you and John are missing is pretty simple. If you have nothing positive to add, why bother.

Mike.

I get the point,(and I am clearly sure John does as well)-but YOU don't. Most people, least not I give two craps what anyone else's opinion is about anything. I'd NEVER own a pink or purple Mopar. Does that mean everyone who owns one is now looked at unfavorably, because I dont like it? Hardly! How downright BORING life would be if all anyone did was patronize and kiss asz to any topic in any venue? But that's the way things are as a society now and that sucks, frankly. Life's tough,buddy. Wear a cup.

Don't be a hypocrite. You don't live in a glass house by any chance, do you? Jeez, some of the stuff people post in some of these threads are downright ridiculous.

PS: Sorry, Larry(OP). Good luck with whatever happens.

MB

Re: WIW 72 roadrunner 6pack car [Re: JohnRR] #1138030
12/21/11 12:15 PM
12/21/11 12:15 PM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'll add my :2cents: , sell the Superbird and do the 72 RR , you can always buy another Superbird , plus the RR will clear the low ceiling of a parking garage easier .

i'm with you.. I would do the same thing. The 72 is more unique and with the added plus of the power sunroof, well, that seals it for me. Superbirds are ugly anyway. Oh no. I voiced my opinion, the Superbird owners are going to really get mad now...

MB

Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19