im getting closer (financially) to putting AC into my duster. so im really starting my research.

all the compressor options i see on the internetm are either factory (monster cast iron piece), or a smaller sanden compressor mounted smack dab in the middle top of the engine. am i missing any?

ive gone to a lot of trouble to make this car very clean and subtle, and REALLY dont like that look of the engine bay with the compressor mounted up high like that. i really LOVE the look of the big block low mount compressors from bouchillon, but as far as i know there is not a production small block setup.

im not above making my own brackets so dont let the lack of availible options fool you.

ive considered a harrison r4 compressor as i think it would be short enough to mount low and clear the K frame and header, but cannot seem to find one with a dual groove pulley. im planning to copy the belt layout of the big block bouchillon pretty closely of i can manage to fit it all in there, which would be to drive the alternator opff the second belt groove in the compressor.

so, before i spend more time and gas money on trips to pull-a-part, anyone have any other production or known working options that hide or clean up an AC compressor on a small block?

thanks
Michael

Michael Crawford CSP 1970 plymouth Duster back under construction: http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.ph...ouring-makeover 1964 el camino beater shop truck 96403-project-drivabeater-2-0-64-el-camino-this-time