Quote:

I read on hughes website that this will be 180 out and that I need to do all of this with BOTH dots at 12 o clock, not dot to dot like they are

That is correct & if havent paste lubed the cam/lifter bottoms yet I'd turn it almost 1 turn (350 degrees actually, to 10 BTDC #1 firing) which would b 12 o'clock/12 o'clock & set the inter gear wherever it needs to b to put the rotor under the #1 wire terminal on the cap as the factory wiring diagram is the best (for standardization) & lets the wires nestle neatly and FYI some dists have a diff bottom tang end to top rotor phasing so start w the factory intergear slot location which I think is parallel front/rear & go from there to finalize the rotor location as it actually can b located anywhere to get the rotor clocked right as that's the bottom line. Turn the dist housing till the #1 cap terminal is over or near over the rotor AND the magnet is dead even w the nearest reluctor tooth AND the vac adv can is in it'd general factory area, snug the dist clamp somewhat/hookup the light & that part should b done & with that cam I might even start w 12 or 15 EDIT here's some ring breakin info for you, "break in secrets" at www.mototuneusa.com

Last edited by RapidRobert; 05/07/11 02:01 AM.