Quote:

I published an article on The Dragtime News about the 'burnouts' part of this question. You can find "Burnouts 101: Heat Your Tires Without Beating Your Parts" halfway down on the Home page.

" Every vehicle is unique. Once you learn what the vehicle requires, operate on the minimal side". Some good points in the article. We over do the burn-outs ( agree )- Of course we all aren't running MT tires ether, and all tracks arent prepped the same. My 1,2,3 and roll out of the water works real good for me and my set up. My car shifts automaticaly ( in drive) from first to 3rd within around 2 seconds ( still in the water ). I'm usually off the line lock in about 4 seconds and I'm usually done around 6 seconds or less. Never have to go full throttle and I'm off the pedal and in neutral just before the car comes to a stop. Since my car shifts automatically in drive, it's just one less thing I have to do ( shift )during a burn out, and it makes them just that much more repeatable. As I said in a previous post in this thread, this is just how I do it. I'm comfortable with it and I think my drive train is too.

Fastest 300