Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This might help.

http://www.pacificp.com/pdf/Fuel%20Pump%20Relay%20Unit%20%28Online%29%20Diagram.pdf

thanks, that's it. I could remember. last I did one the battery was in the trunk. I'll switch it up. Hope to get it fired up today.

the 85 post can that go to the switch or should it run to the key on then the switch?

Do you want to run the pump with the engine off? You can wire it either way but since the only reason to run it is when the engine is running it makes sense to feed it from a key on power source..

To add to the above, unless your battery is in the trunk, and that's where you pulled power, there is no good reason to mount the relay in the back. You just have to run the switch lead further.

As someone else said, I would at least run the switch lead TO IGNITION RUN so that the pump is on/ off with the key.

ALSO consider doing one of two things: either find a "crash switch" and wire into the switch lead, or buy an oil pressure switch for the purpose.

That way if you wreck the car, the pump will not be operating.

Also, DID YOU FUSE it? Find out from the pump instructions what the pump draws in amps, and use the next size larger fuse. The fuse/ breaker should be as CLOSE TO THE BATTERY as possible.

WHAT SIZE WIRE are you running to the pump? Once again, find out what the pump draws. I would not use anything smaller than #12, and depending on the pump, possibly larger.

have #12 was going to run it from the "run" so it's only on when key is on, I also have a switch so the key has to be on and the switch up. Holley blue pump. I have 15amp fuse now but can swap it w/o issue. Should I run both main feed and switch from "run" or only switch and main from 12v side of the starter relay?
didn't really see the need to go all the way to the battery.

I looked up the Holley blue and it claims to only draw 3A and 7 1/2 A fuse is what they recommend. Frankly, I was surprised it was so low.

No 12 main feed should be fine in that case Starter relay should be OK, just put a fuse as close to that as you can.