Quote:

I am thinking of going fuel injection on my 383 Big block, to make it look like Hilborn injection. Are they any good and how easy are they to get work?
Thanks Kurt

MS is fine if you are willing to "join the club". What I mean by that is the system is basically a kit with lots of things to learn, people to talk to, and keep track of. It's an open system which is good if you have the bent toward experimentation and engineering. It is also the least expensive EFI solution and it works very well when implemented properly. Certain things such as sequential injection came to MS late but eventually it does get there.

A note of caution about running stack injection with ANY EFI system. Stack injection should use timed sequential injection. Since there is no single manifold with stacks, you should inject just before the valve opens so that the fuel slug doesn't "pop back" through the throttle plate. This happens only at idle but it can be annoying if you don't run sequential

Sequential injection requires a cam signal in addition to the crank signal. You need either a dual-sync distributor or a separate cam sensor.

Finally, you need to accumulate the vacuum from each stack to generate a map signal to run in speed density. You run 8 rubber lines to an accumulator box and tap into the box for the map sensor. Don't even think about running in Alpha-N.