Quote:

Quote:

The way it's typically handled it to use a smoke generator to force smoke into the gas tank & pressurize the system... it will leak from the problem area.... A guy with Dodge dealer experience may know of a common problem area like a fitting that cracks.. Might try a google search for the failure code & your vehicle yr/make/model..

you also need quality scanner to command closed tank vent valve and purge valve,then start the smoke. 2001 and newer cars are nuts they can pick up a .025 pin rot hole in the filler tube. first thing i do to those is vent valve next is filler tube for tank, never had a line go on those there all hard molded plastic, the jeep still use rubber they go. or if you get water in vapor canister then it freezes it will crank inside...

Sounds like you still work on this stuff regularly... I haven't wrenched on cars for a living since the late 90's, I dealt with a few evap faults but it's been years & I've tried to block that stuff from my memory..

"The Armies of our ancestors were lucky, in that they were not trailed by a second army of pencil pushers."