Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You would make more power with a W8 headed motor.

I know, I was curious because I want to use it for a future Super Stock GT combo so I wanted to know if anyone else had messed with a combo like this.

Joe Alread ran a 1972 Plymouth RR 4 speed wit the 400 engine in SS in the early 1970, ran so good Mopar hired him as one of theire factory racers after that Dave Wren ran a unbored 400 block in his 1971 Barracuda 383 SS/I car also with the proper carb and head part numbers, it whup a lot of GM cars in that class Dave and Greg Smith ran the same combination(1971 383) in thier 1971 Cuda in SS/IA also. it was a rocket ship With todays technoogy and SS class rules pick the year (lowest factory rating with a four barrel, truck or car ) of the engine you want to use and go for it

Sounds good! I've looked at the different years 400 combos in the guide and the 77' looks to be a great option at a 315hp factory rating. Depending on how light we can get the car by that time, I would like to run the lowest weight class possible. Oh yeah, Mr. Andy, we have about three 400's at the house that are within the +- .07 that NHRA allows. Now I need to start saving for some 300cfm capable 203cc runner 452's, titanium valves and valvetrain components, and that oh so wallet friendly jesel rocker arm system unless somebody offers something very close to that performance level. All in all, its gonna be a well traveled journey to the track. Hopefully sooner than later. Maybe I can bump into the right investor at the right time and God can pour some blessings(in form of sponsorship) down on me from that "window" lol. Again thanks for all the info guys.

Last edited by Adrielp; 03/09/11 12:53 AM.

Adriel Paradise
Substation Design Engineer III