First, let me say this is a car I'm doing for someone else. It was a pretty clean car and came in looking prety straight and very little rust. Of course after being stripped it had mud and more rust once it's was cleaned/blasted. I'm doing all the work in house and on a rotiserre.

One thing is normally I find factory undercoating pretty easy to remove. Some heat and a scraper and it comes off in chunks. This one had some aftermarket crap and was a real pain. I assume it was used to cover up some of the dents and such from when it was wrecked.

After tear down, then blasting, straightening, replacing a few sections and so on, I'd say the 250 or so number will probally be pretty close to the time I have into the body and putting it in paint.

I really thought originally I could keep it under 300 hours, but like I mentioned, you find more as you remove parts, paint, and undercoating. I've done body work for around 20 years and until the past 5 years, it was always my own stuff or smaller projects for others. So I was curious to see how my pace was compared to others. I go hourly, so I don't have to cut corners. And it's not like the owner had a problem with the time that's gone into it.

Thanks for the replies. I feel much better knowing that I'm making good progress on the time I have into the car. I think 350 hours should get me pretty close, but from all this I guess I could be closer to 400.

And the beer drinking is done on my own time

68 Road Runner, 69 Belvedere, 71 Challenger Vert
340 barracuda, 01 Ram CTD, 95 Ram, 04 Ram, 85 Daytona turbo Z
66 GTO, 06 Magnum RT AWD. 07 Ram CTD, 07 Ram