Quote:

Quote:

Disconnect the rods from either the tranny or shifter before inserting a 1/4" dia rod into the alignment hole on the shifter arms, that will allow you to align all 3 arms together,....chances are you also have shifter stops on the shifter body, perhaps those are misadjusted also, back them out when performing the netural shifter adjustment

Mike

I already did that...like I said my alignment tool will only go through 1/2 and 3/4 so it does align those two levers but it doesnt even pass through the reverse shifter lever in order to get that one in alignment also...in other words it only aligns 2 arms.

I have an extra Hurst shifter on my bench top and it is the same way. Does the reverse shift lever not have to be aligned?

It goes through all three arms on the factory shifters. Can you see the hole on the reverse arm?

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)