Quote:

Quote:

not Predetors and parts that are not truely Mopar factory based stuff

For those of us following along, what are the defining metrics of Mopar?

Since it was mentioned, the Predator design and similar other new go-faster stuff is now labeled as verboten.
Fill us all in, What decade of development technology do we draw the line at and consider as too new to label as acceptably kosher?

I guess I didn't get the official memo. What other closed minded and limiting definitions are we assigning to ourselves to these days?....

A fast Mopar is defined as what?
- The sheetmetal? ...
- The engine?

topbrent,
In any discussion on brand loyalty, you are going to find out what "limiting definitions" people assign to themselves, which is just fine until they start trying to force them on everyone else! But, when you think about it, being Brand Loyal is as pure a form of close mindedness as there is!!
Almost as a rule, the faster a car becomes, and the closer it gets to current "State of the art", the less it has to do with it's factory produced bretheren.

Which is possibly why the original poster tried to eliminate promod and prostock immediately...which in MY mind are where the baddest/fastest mopars are!! But the lines get blurred pretty quick. Billy Harper, and Dennis Radford are Mopar guys, spend any time talking to them and it's readily apparent, but they are also Nitrous guys, and the only way to compete with the blown alky or turbo guys is with a huge cubic inch engine. So, they've turned to Sonny Leonard for 900 cubic inch beasts, so they can spray thier Viper and Duster into the low 6's...and everyone cries "foul" and says the Sonny Engine, cut out of raw aluminum, without a single cast peice on it is a "Chevy" .

For my entire life, I have refused to drive a chevy down a dragstrip, and I've stuck with that despite plenty of offers, and I've included Mopars, and Fords with small or big block chevy engines in them. I'd jump at the chance to drive Radford's Duster, and wouldn't for a second think i'd went back on my oath.

BTW Predators are just too Alien for me!

6460087-100_0774.JPG (169 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines