Quote:

to build the converter to the proper stall, the shop will need to know your exact cam specs, exact compression ratio, rear tire size (height), maybe a few other things also (you already mentioned your axle gear ratio). If he doesn't ask or care about the above information, he is building something more of a generic converter instead of a converter built to maximize performance. And he should be suggesting a decent auxillary trans cooler also. Cheaper converters in general will slip more and generate more heat than a better built model. So read up and proceed with caution/plenty of information.

I understand what you're saying, but I bought this motor from someone already assembled. I'll check the many reciepts I have for any part numbers that may give me more info, but I don't know how detailed that will be. It seems like a pretty much stock rebuild with better intake and bigger carb. It ran perfectly fine in some 87 octane that I had in the tank, even though I run 93 octane, so that makes me think comp ratio and cam are pretty tame, given the really smooth idle and LA heads. It's not really a performance build, just looking to make my daily driver a little more peppy/fun/respectable. Does this info help at all with a recommendation? Right now I'm leaning toward 2000-2200, that sound ok?Cheaper converters in general will slip more and generate more heat than a better built model. So read up and proceed with caution/plenty of information.

Last edited by roe; 01/29/11 05:41 PM.

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG