Quote:

Quote:

Mine are steelies, not rallyes but my Wheel Vintiques that I bought through Summit were badly out of balance. They required multiple weights and the tire store said they'd vibrate above 60mph. Of course I didn't find out until after getting them shipped from the US and getting them sprayed body color so I'm going to use them and hope for the best. Emails to Summit went unanswered. The wheels have been one of the most disappointing aspects of the resto to date.

Dave

Summit is usually very good about customer service. Did you call them?

Were your rims out of round, did they have a lot of runout, or did the tire and rim assembly just require a lot of weight to balance? Did they try repositioning the tires on the rims?

Nope, after a couple emails (which is how I contacted them in the first place) I gave up realizing that the cost of the rims was only 1/3rd of the price of the wheels (the rest was shipping and painting) so even if they gave me another replacement set, it would cost me a bunch more money so I gave up.

Yes the rims had a ton of runout (don't remember the exact figures as it was 3 years ago) and they did reposition the tires to no avail. I also bought another set of the same tires for the 'Cuda at the same time and they mounted on the factory rallyes with no problems.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]