so, after the stroker not getting done yet, i had a punched .040 over, crank cut 10/10, decked lined honed, cleaned and new springs installed. get it back together, go to drop the lifters in, and 8 out of 16 lifter bores are oversized from the factory, so that's what that little diamond on the id pad means....... which that was check before hand. anyway, with 1,600 into an engine that is now useless, i got this "rebuilt and broken in" 440 for $1,500 bucks. looks to have been honed, crank cut and put back together, and has a small cam of unknown specs. so, get it in, fires right up, no smoke, no death noises.
Back out of the garage, and oil on the floor. take it for a test ride, look like a crop duster, but not from the exhaust....
get it up on the lift, rear main is puking. Pull the pan, look at rear main, old style rope seal. put in new rear main, get it back together. let it run, no leaks. Take it for a ride, more smoke. Pull over, oil leaks again. back onto the lift, pull pan, pull rear main seal, notice crank looks polished in area of seal, clock the seal a little to see what happens. get it back together, still leaking, but not as bad as it was. guess i'll just carry oil and keep an eye on it.
CARLISLE OR BUST!!
Still need to make a heater block off for the fire wall, secure the battery in it's new location, and change the master cylinder, ands she's done for now.

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!