Quote:

Allow me to run this just slightly of topic just a bit. What about tailights also. I really like the idea of better headlights but a decent set of tailghts that still look like they belong in an old car would be a nice compliment the the fronts. Any luck on this and would you relay tailights?
Back to your normally schedualed post

I did the Hella H4 upgrade to my 68 charger. For tails, I didn't like any of the pics that others posted of the bulb upgrades. I actually found a company that was selling 68 charger tailight lenses with LED's built in. I'll give you that when they are on, they don't even come come close to looking stock, but they are very bright. looking at them during non-lighting situations, can't tell the difference from stock.

You could definitely make something yourself by buying some sort of LED light assembly and fab it into your existing tailights. for a 68 charger, not that this helps a lot of people, go over to dodgecharger and look up a member norwaycharger. He has 68 LED's that look pretty stock when lit up, but they are very bright. they are about 400 bucks too so that's something to consider.

For the OP, listen to these guys. don't waste your time rigging projector headlight into your old car. The new car setups are engineered so the light source and the lens/housing work together. Unless you spent really cubic dollars, you will end up looking like a tool and not getting the most out of it. The Hella H4 housings will be "light" years ahead of stock and they will work properly without blinding other drivers.