Quote:

Quote:

JohnRR - If you went 98 mph with a stockish 383, that is as good as I've ever witnessed. I cannot ever remember seeing a stockish 383 (even some with headers and aftermarket carb) break 100 mph in a B body. Enough gear and tire and they might go high 13s.

The car is a 69 383 Dart and it was as stock as the day it rolled off the assembly line except the exhaust , it went 99.7 with the same tune I had at the pure stock drags at my home track which is closer to sea level , I think it's 90 ft , and it was a nice clear day , no idea what the DA was. The car has 3.91's on an F70-14 tire, I am not sure what affect the timing chain had on it and I never ran it with a fresh chain. The car will go back together with a fresh engine and 4.30 gears, the only real deviation from stock will be the compression bumped to factory advertised 10.0 and a cam that is very close to the 70 spec cam, I'm hoping the car will run low 13's, one person I talked with at the PS drags thought I could get it into the 12's, I don't see that with the 4 speed and me driving it.

Beefreak , you should be able to do the shortblock for 3k I would think. If you decide to go the stroker route I've got a set of Flat top Diamond pistons I'm looking to sell.

Thanks John. What exactly are they (part #) so I would know once I figure out the combo? New/used?