Quote:

Quote:

On the other post, I take it personally when someone bags on me on my job that I put a lot of work into.
-dulcich

Steve , I'm not bagging on you or your job, I'm bagging on the WESTECH DYNO, I remember before the EMC challange that you would DEFEND the numbers coming from that dyno when they were questioned on this site saying they were accurate. After the 03 EMC challenge it came out that the dyno was giving inflated numbers, I remember reading it in one of the mags, not sure if it was Hot Rod or Popular Hot Rodding , but it seemed to be enough to cause the EMC to stop using it and switch to the COMP facility? Though I can see the switch to the COMP facility making more sense, from a money and logistics/time standpoint .

John, sorry to bag on your EMC engine. I apologize. To me, the same kind of negativity gets kind of old too. I can see from your response that you don't welcome it when it hits close to home. It seems pretty pervasive on this site from some members.

The Westech dyno at the time of the Challenge had a "bubble" in the barometer. The barometer there is a very high-end scientific instrument, so no one expected this kind of problem. Steve Brule at Westech is a textbook obsessive/compulsive, and when it dropped a few months later, he freaked. With his personality, he notices everything, and every detail gnaws on him. He actually had it sent in to a scientific lab after that event.

Consider the fact that Harold Bettes from Superflow was on site, and was all over the dynos, not just for EMC that year, but right from day one. Harold is as straight up as you can get, and I trust him to know the dynos of the company he worked for at the time. His reputation in the industry is impeccable. I really don't like it when someone casts aspersions like they have some insight, when really they have none at all, like you tend to do, on guys I respect.

I have my own dyno now anyway, and will complete the installation in a few weeks, so it doesn't really matter to me that much, but those guys don't deserve the attitude you show. I probably over-reacted, but I have done lots of work with those guys for many years, and it is work. BTW, the EMC has never been held at COMP, so you have your info wrong there too, but state it as fact. Also, FYI, the selection of the host facility of first World, then UNOH was the result much broader considerations than you seem to reason in your mind, again based on what I don't know.
-dulcich